Self Sabotage

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by redmel, 18 November 2010 Social URL.

1. redmel

redmel Dreamer

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi

I am fairly new to the SW section of this site, I am trying to follow the plan at home as I can't afford to go to the weekly meetings. I understand the plan well and seek out any HE/Syn information from here or other sources on the internet....however, I keep finding that I do well then ruin it all by scoffing down junk! I KNOW as I am eating it, that I shouldn't be, but I can't seem to stop myself.

I have managed to lose 10lbs so far and people have noticed, which should really give me a boost to continue, but it seems to be counter-productive in my strange mind....I seem to keep thinking, oh I have lost some I'm fine, but in reality I still have at least 2st to lose and I REALLY, REALLY want to do it....

Sorry for just jumping in and moaning away, no-one irl seems to understand though:(

Mel x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. karenhornby

karenhornby Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know how u feel Mel. I've lost a stone so far and a couple of people have noticed but all i seem to think abt is how much more i still have to lose.

Keep it up though. I'm sure eventually we will reach a point where we think "wow i'm doing well" and actually mean it.

4. Leeanne910

Leeanne910 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi and welcome :)

Well done on your loss!! :) I know wat u mean bout compliments not workin! In 2007 I went from 14s 2lb to 11s 10lb my target is 10 stone! I got way too comfortable n let it slip then things in life got in my way!

So here I am struggling to try again and now at 14s 5lb (was 14s 9lb)

I do love minimins! The help is great here!!

Wish u all the luck!! U can do it !!!

Xxxxxxxxx

5. redmel

redmel Dreamer

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the replies.

I really need to keep focused, I am due to be a bridesmaid for my sister next August and really want to lose at least another stone by then...

I need to re-focus and not listen to compliments lol x

6. Leeanne910

Leeanne910 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm sure u can do it! :)

I have 4s to lose by July lol

I want to try for a baby when I lost my weight and oh's son be 2 yrs and my son be 4 yrs

We can do this :)

X

7. joedenise

joedenise Target Member

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find the best thing is not to have junk in the house - then you can't eat it, LOL!

Denise

8. LindseyandMatthew

LindseyandMatthew Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(7.19%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    your post could have been written by me, I had got down from 15st 12 to 13st 10, as soon as people started to notice I went mad eating everything I shouldn't and put alot back on....

9. chocolate_bananas

chocolate_bananas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.69%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I can definately relate to this :(

I cannot begin to tell you how many times i have lost quite a substantial amount of weight, people have noticed, i've felt good, then i thought i had beaten it and started gobbling crap again.

The best tip i have is to get rid of all the junk food from your cupboards, and promise yourself that next time you feel the munchies coming on you will make yourself wait 15 minutes. I have been doing this and by the time the 15 minutes is over i have sorted myself out and will have a piece of fruit.

Don't give up, keep ploughing on, you are doing fab in the grand scheme of things xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.