Selina's gotta go!

seliwyma

I have been invited to a friends wedding in December and I am really scared. I haven't seen my friends or family in two years and since then I have put on 35kg as a result of failing to cope with the emotional trauma of a pretty horrible thing that happened to me.

The wedding is in ten weeks and the more I think about it the more I panic. My parents have paid thousands for the international airfair so I can't back out. I just can't bear to let people see me like this. I feel like such a complete failure.

I have already lost 3kg from going to the gym a lot over the past month. But these past two weeks, as the wedding gets closer and I start to worry more i've been emotional eating on a rediculous and disturbing level.

But tomorrow I am going to start afresh. I am going to go back to the gym and continue with the running training I have been doing and I am going to try and curb the emotional eating, make my portion sizes sensible and eat delish healthy food.

I am currently 93kg. I want to be 80kg for the wedding. I understand this may be unrealistic, but I can try. That will still be an awful lot more than when they last saw me.

I feel so down. I should be so excited about seeing all of my friends again but I just feel like running to hide.

So here goes...

Aw Selina, sending you loads of hugs hun. Totally get you on emotional eating to the point it is actually destructive. Post on here and you'll get all the support you need. Just remember, they are your friends and family, they will be looking forward to seeing you with or without the extra weight.

Hey minime,

Thanks for the support! Yeah...I know it's silly to worry about what friends and family think. I know that my family and really close friends will not be bothered at all...but the friends I have who are the "fun friends", who know me as an adventurous party animal...well, I guess i'll have to see how I feel.

Thanks again! I'll try and post here every day to keep my motivation up :eek:)

I am currently 93kg. I want to be 80kg for the wedding. I understand this may be unrealistic, but I can try. That will still be an awful lot more than when they last saw me.

Hey Hun, I Dont think its a to bad of a goal. Ive lost 12 Kgs since July! And I Lost the First 7 In July. and Then in August I just stayed the same cause i got lazy and now this last 2 weeks ive lost 4.5kgs!!
So If you Try, You Should Be Able To!!

Good Luck!

Back