Semi skimmed milk and unsweetened almond milk!

gingerninja

I am new to this site and new to Slimming World. I start officially with my first class on Monday night, but have been given a comprehensive low down by my next door neighbour who is nearly at target thanks to EE. So this past week, i've been sort of trial running some of the recipes and changes to help me plan for my first SW food shop on Monday morning!

Here's the thing... I am a tea-a-holic. Mmmmmmmmm tea. I drink around 10 cups a day (at least). I have tried using Blue Diamond unsweetened almond milk which is very low calorie but prefer the taste of milk so had the genius idea to mix them, which is the best of both worlds for me! (slightly more taste of milk, slightly less calories and fat).

Today i've mixed up half and half (Blue Diamond unsweetened/ semi skimmed milk) in a 500ml bottle. And I will most definitely need the 500ml for my tea needs!!! My rationale is that the milk contains the calcium, but the almond milk is lower fat and calories, but still healthy? Does that make sense in respect to EE and HEX A or is my plan more mixed than my dairy ;-)

Would the additional almond milk need to be considered a syn?

Obviously come Monday I will ask at my class, but if I can get my head round it before Monday night then it can be taken into consideration for my food shop.

Thanks in advance!

You can split your Healthy Extras so it would be no problem, just make sure that its a true split -half semi-skimmed and half the blue diamond allowance :)

if you had just almond milk would this be classed as a syn, or would you just be allowed the same amount of almond milk as your HEA, or can you have more almond milk xx

really, I may have to look for some, do you happen to know which are the good brands, as I do miss having milk xx

Back