Senakot, can I take?

fizzstar

bye bye belly
As above!

Does anyone know if I can take them?

packing says: each tablet contains 154mg of senna fruit equivilent to 7.5mg of senoside b in a base containing calcuim phosphate, maize starch, magnesium stearate and lactose monohydrate.

Any ideas? Cause if I dont poo soon im going to vomit it out!!!!

I dont know but the fruit word would put me off as I know its a no-no generally... hence no fruit teas etc .. I see dulcolax mentioned on here so know thats ok but I dont know whats in it..!! sorry, not much help was I? LOL! x

Did u get the fibreclear when u got ya shakes? x

hi fizzstar i was told by the chemist either to take senakot, ducolax, or use the fibre clear. fibre clear gave me real bad wind, and senakot does not touch me. good luck whatever you take. bet you feel so uncomfortable.

Are you 100% sure becci? lol i just dont want to knock ketosis out now :( im soooooo uncomfortable, been sat on the loo for hours thinking im gonna stick something up there in a minute and pull the f---er out!!!!! I could cry.

Big un - noo I didnt get it, and my nearest chemist is in town [a good 30min away :( ]

ouch, its no wonder you are a bit bunged up then hun.... May I just add that reading your last comment make me absolutely shreik out loud! You have a way with words, its tickled me!! :D

If you have had no fibre and you are that bunged then tbh I rekon its a dulcolax job personally.. that will literally clear out your system top to bottom so you can start fresh... you seriously need some fibre with your shakes.. if you cant get the fibreclear yet do u have a health food shop etc near by? or order online for next day delivery?? xx

ooh and just to add if you are still unsure on the senna then call the helpline and they can tell you xx

Get yourself some psylium husk fibre from a nature store, this is loose fibre and you can have that. It will make you use the toilet easier too x

I bought this a week or so ago and its fab, my fave thing about it is that if you leave it to stand in water before you mix it up it gets REALLY thick... !! I struggled getting my shake up the straw this morning! I cant wait to have another! First time I left it to sit a while and its deffo nicer! :) I ordered mine off the net as worked out cheaper and I couldnt get in to town.. I ordered it loose of a certain auction sits health food shop :) AND its much cheaper than fibreclear! :) xx

Are you 100% sure becci? lol i just dont want to knock ketosis out now :( im soooooo uncomfortable, been sat on the loo for hours thinking im gonna stick something up there in a minute and pull the f---er out!!!!! I could cry.

Big un - noo I didnt get it, and my nearest chemist is in town [a good 30min away :( ]

im with donna you have got a way with words. yes i had that poblem and mirjam told me to use the husk thing but in the end took ducolax. and yes the chemist told me to use senakot. but if you want to check it out to make sure ring them up. good luck :)

Im at the end of my tether and I could scream because it hurts! 5 days now, it was too loose upto day 3 then nothing! Wheres cheapest I can get it from? Get anything from?

Try Dulcolax Perles

Im at the end of my tether and I could scream because it hurts! 5 days now, it was too loose upto day 3 then nothing! Wheres cheapest I can get it from? Get anything from?

Try Dulcolax Perles, any large supermarket chemist will stock it, the great thing about the Dulcolax Perles is that they do not cause cramps in my experience, they just loosen, nothing in them to knock you out of Ketosis either

The dose on the pack is between 2 and 4 tiny gel capsules, you may need 4, they work in about 6 to 8 hours, stay close to a loo around that time! :)

Good luck!

I know how you feel fizz, I've had the same problem early in my LT weeks. I was literally sitting on the toilet for 6 hours straight and I don't wanna go into details but I did what you said you wanted to do as it was the only thing I could do to get rid of it. I also took 3 dulcolax at once and that helped me clear my bowels.

Hey I got told of my lady in the chemist to use ducolax, nothing else, oh and the fibre clear works, well for me anyway - hope you feel better later xXx

Thank you so much girls! My OH is going to go for me tomorrow :( He wont go out right now, and is working tomorrow but I cant get out otherwise its a fiver for bus ticket grrrr

xxx

Awww u poor thing :( I know only too well how awful that feeling is as I have it every bloody day due to wonky bowels.. and a bad back that means I cant even try to go properly!! LOL! I am buggered! I would have shoehorned him out of the door TONIGHT, how can he see you so uncomfortable?? poor u xx

and one last thng, pysillium it 10 times better than fibreclear imo xxx

Fibre clear and psyllium are both bulking agents. They fill the bowel and therefore help keep the bowel working as it should.
However, if you are constipated they will not help. You need a strong laxative or stool softener. Dulcolax or equivalent should do the job. Follow the instructions on the box.
Once you get rid of this blockage make sure to take a bulking agent every day. I took psyllium husk capsules twice a day all through TFR and only had two episodes of constipation. On those occasions I took two dulcolax late in the evening.
Hope you are better soon.

Back