September 2016 Challenge

Can I join too? I am going to weight in on Mondays - I have no holidays booked and hope to lose 5lbs ... "first" dumb? question.... when I post on the 5th is that my start or is it what I've lost between today (Monday) and then.....

I've started today because I weighed in today. So the 5th will be my first weigh in and first week of my challenge.

Haha I've found today hard I think it's the same old story, I'm on a diet and I'm starving

Definitely shouldn't be hungry on this plan, can you give us an idea of what you are eating and what you like to eat and we can help you? Honestly you can have as much free foods as you like (and i truly mean it) and still lose weight. Trust me I've lost 5.5 stone by doing exactly that - you should honestly see my plates of food!

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 07.29.43.png

Haha I've found today hard I think it's the same old story, I'm on a diet and I'm starving

Hello and welcome :)
I totally agree with @Sazmajig you shouldn't be hungry there's so much free and speed foods to get at! Do you think maybe it's psychological with using the 'd' word (diet ;)) I remember that I couldn't use it as in my head it meant either cutting back or forbidding food or feeling hungry. I just saw this as a new step and way of life instead.
Let us know what you're eating and possibly pop onto the diaries on here to have a look- they are wonderful, inspirational and full of great ideas!
This is a brilliant support network with tonnes of members who will always help and we are all in it together :D

Ruth
X

Hello @Sazmajig i hope you're well and had a lovely weekend! I will wait until you next update but could I possibly pull mine 1lb lower to 4lbs? Just got a feeling that things are going to slow down a bit!

Thanks so much!

Ruth
X

@Sazmajig I hate to be annoying but I am only missing the first week - I will be weighing-in on the 11th week! Also, I want to try and lose 7lbs! Though 5lbs is sounding more and more appealing with the thought of holidays! :D But I want to try and push myself to 7lbs!

Hello and welcome :)
I totally agree with @Sazmajig you shouldn't be hungry there's so much free and speed foods to get at! Do you think maybe it's psychological with using the 'd' word (diet ;)) I remember that I couldn't use it as in my head it meant either cutting back or forbidding food or feeling hungry. I just saw this as a new step and way of life instead.
Let us know what you're eating and possibly pop onto the diaries on here to have a look- they are wonderful, inspirational and full of great ideas!
This is a brilliant support network with tonnes of members who will always help and we are all in it together :D

Ruth
X

Hi Ruth first off thank you for replying......I have posted in the ww diary area what I ate yesterday and it came to 35 points, I couldn't sleep last night and ended up pigging out on crisps and timeout chocolate bars. First day of diet was a disaster, but I'm going to be positive and try to be successful today.

It could well be that the 'D' word is throwing me into turmoil. Could you point me into the right direction to find out what free/super foods on ww I can eat without spoiling my diet completely??

Chelle

Hi Ruth first off thank you for replying......I have posted in the ww diary area what I ate yesterday and it came to 35 points, I couldn't sleep last night and ended up pigging out on crisps and timeout chocolate bars. First day of diet was a disaster, but I'm going to be positive and try to be successful today.

It could well be that the 'D' word is throwing me into turmoil. Could you point me into the right direction to find out what free/super foods on ww I can eat without spoiling my diet completely??

Chelle
Welcome, you will find most of us are slimming world rather than WW so we might not fully understand your plan (I know I don't personally). But the 'D' word should be forbidden in any case ;) Natalie x

Welcome, you will find most of us are slimming world rather than WW so we might not fully understand your plan (I know I don't personally). But the 'D' word should be forbidden in any case ;) Natalie x

Hi Natalie

I am willing to try SW if someone can help me understand it......I have tried and could never get my head around it, every week I was putting weight on rather than losing or just maintaining after two months I gave up the ghost and went to WW. I think the problem was combining food/portions or maybe something else I'm not sure what the problem was I just didn't understand the diet as a whole.

I do have some learning difficulties and I think the person running the SW club didn't know or have time to explain things to me in a way I could understand :(

Chelle

Please may I be down for 7.5lbs in September. No planned holidays and still weigh in on Thursday!

Slightly confused - is the September weigh in starting on 4th or is it just an error on the spreadsheet.

Thanks Sarah. :):D

Chelle

Unfortunately I'm not sure on WW! I haven't really does it properly in the past!
I can tell you a few things about SW, or there's an area for newbies :) yes it's definitely not a diet but a lifestyle change!
With slimming world you can have your pasta, potatoes, fish, meat etc without having to worry or count/weigh! I have a treat every day and I'm never hungry. Have a look at the newbie SW or WW threads and make a pro and con list and see which one suits your life more.
Hope this helps.

Ruth
X

Hi Natalie

I am willing to try SW if someone can help me understand it......I have tried and could never get my head around it, every week I was putting weight on rather than losing or just maintaining after two months I gave up the ghost and went to WW. I think the problem was combining food/portions or maybe something else I'm not sure what the problem was I just didn't understand the diet as a whole.

I do have some learning difficulties and I think the person running the SW club didn't know or have time to explain things to me in a way I could understand :(

Chelle

Hi Chelle (sorry my phone wants to write Chelsea? Prepare for typos...)

It's a shame the consultant didn't explain things in a way your required. Do you have someone who could go with you to a class to help you understand the plan? I do understand the classes can be very busy (and noisey mines is full of blethers lol) but that's no excuse for not taking a different approach.

I like SW because I don't feel restricted. I also don't feel like I need to eat a plate of lettuce and call it dinner. The plan is so flexible. Like Ruth said there is a fab "newbie" area and we all are willing to offer advice and support. With SW you don't have to weigh out portions for each meal except for your healthy extras and syns. A (milks, cheese etc) B (fibre products such as breads, cereal, nuts etc). On Extra Easy you get one portion of each an A & a B per day. Other than that no weighing free or speed foods as we call them :) and the use of 15 syns per day (for that wee piece of chocolate you crave or extra slice of bread etc! Even a slice of pizza!)

Head over to newbie area and defo ask questions. We are a friendly bunch :) the SW book is around 200 pages long so condensing it to one post isn't gonna work.

Good luck whichever plan you decide. The hardest part is making the decision to join. Discovering the plan (and eating the plan!!) Is the fun bit ;)

Natalie x

Hi Chelle (sorry my phone wants to write Chelsea? Prepare for typos...)

It's a shame the consultant didn't explain things in a way your required. Do you have someone who could go with you to a class to help you understand the plan? I do understand the classes can be very busy (and noisey mines is full of blethers lol) but that's no excuse for not taking a different approach.

I like SW because I don't feel restricted. I also don't feel like I need to eat a plate of lettuce and call it dinner. The plan is so flexible. Like Ruth said there is a fab "newbie" area and we all are willing to offer advice and support. With SW you don't have to weigh out portions for each meal except for your healthy extras and syns. A (milks, cheese etc) B (fibre products such as breads, cereal, nuts etc). On Extra Easy you get one portion of each an A & a B per day. Other than that no weighing free or speed foods as we call them :) and the use of 15 syns per day (for that wee piece of chocolate you crave or extra slice of bread etc! Even a slice of pizza!)

Head over to newbie area and defo ask questions. We are a friendly bunch :) the SW book is around 200 pages long so condensing it to one post isn't gonna work.

Good luck whichever plan you decide. The hardest part is making the decision to join. Discovering the plan (and eating the plan!!) Is the fun bit ;)

Natalie x

Sounds good to me do you not have to have exact portion sizes on plates though ??

Would you mind posting me a typical data food plz ??

Back