September exercise challenge

tipperary

Gold Member
Starting now.

This month has 30 days, 20 weekdays and 5 full weekends. No Bank/public Holidays

Last edited:
Yes, I have some cheek don't I....I did nothing at all in August.
Well I did do.some exercise but not much and didn't record it.
So....same rules, set your own goals, challenge yourself and see how you get on.
It will be interesting to see if the onset of Autumn will change the type of exercise we do.

So I'm going to do lots of jiggling in September. I was having problems with my legs as now I sit all day long at work so i bought a vibro plate machine to help my circulation...but it is supposed to be good for weight loss too and toning. So on weekdays I use it before and after work 15 minutes each time
I also want to get some sort of exercise 4 times a week, for me that's walking, cycling, swimming or aqua jogging. My problem with walking now is Oscar the toddler. I like to bring him out each evening when I get home, pushing him up and down hills for 3-4km is a good workout. But now he wants to walk himself, so my evening walk has become a slow wander with lots of talking to cows and sheep and yellow diggers.

My goals for this month:

40 jiggling sessions: 0 done 40 to go
16 exercise sessions: 0 done 16 to go

Ok, I'm in.
Waiting for my jiggler to arrive, but once that's here, I'll aim for that once a day.
Say 25 sessions?
And then other exercise, 2 a week.
So 8 of those.
And I should be walking more. I'll work that one as number of days I exceed 10,000 on the stepometer.

Currently:
Jiggling: 0 down, 25 to go
Other: 0 down, 8 to go
Step days: 0 down, 12 to go

Thanks for starting the thread Tipp!

My goal for September is to run 10k - I have that booked for Sunday so should be no problem achieving that. I want to run the whole way without stopping to walk, but I don't mind how long it takes.

Next goal is to run a complete lap of Richmond parks 'tamsin trail', this is 11k in total and will be a nice longer run after the 10k.

Other than that I just want to get out and run as much as possible, preferably 3-4 times per week depending on shift pattern. I'm away 14th-24th and am hoping to take my running gear with me and get out at least twice whilst I'm there but we'll see.

Challenge officially started 20 minutes ago and my exercise includes walking up the stairs to go to bed.

....OK so that doesnt count.

Ok, I'm in.
Waiting for my jiggler to arrive, but once that's here, I'll aim for that once a day
Step days: 0 down, 12 to go

Another jiggler.....yay. We need to get Susie over here too.

My goals for this month:

40 jiggling sessions: 1 done 39 to go

15 minutes jiggling, I turned up the power. I'm not sure if I felt it at the time but I do now...my feet are still vibrating.

I'm in. My Summer holiday is now over. Back to work Monday and I have been so lazy with exercise.

Mon - Fri I will be walking or biking. It depends on the weather to which I do on what day. Need to find a tracker for my phone so I can see how far I have travelled.
Also will do either hooping or skipping. I want to fit my yoga dvd workout in.So I need to hit 20 days out of the 30. Weekends are my days off. :)

0 sessions 20 to go.

walk 15000 steps a day except weekends (12000 is covered each day by walking to and from work)
swim twice a week (anything even splashing around - its a confidence thing as I haven't been in a swimsuit in quite a while and this will be good prep for my December holiday)

Hi @jfc welcome in. I love swimming and glad that I've never felt self conscious in front of strangers in a swimsuit. People I know however that's a different thing.

Reactions: jfc
Mon - Fri I will be walking or biking. It depends on the weather to which I do on what day. Need to find a tracker for my phone so I can see how far I have travelled.

Hi Mary, I've downloaded Samsung Health for free. It counts steps, distance whatever. You can set it for walking, cycling, hiking, running. It shows you a map of where you are, I've used it wondering through farmland in France and not gotten lost. You can set it for steps but what I like most for walking is set it for distance and even if its in a bag or sitting on a buggy it will measure what you want ( many only measure steps if you hold them and it jiggles).

Try it, oh and welcome to this months challenge

My goals for this month:

40 jiggling sessions: 3 done 37 to go

Two sessions today jigglung for 15 minutes each

Currently:
Step days: 1 down, 11 to go

My goals for this month:

40 jiggling sessions: 5 done 35 to go

One jiggling this morning and another this evening.

Last edited:
My goals for this month:

40 jiggling sessions: 6 done 34 to go
16 exercise sessions: 1 done 15 to go

Just been out for a quick 3km walk with 1kg hand weights swinging along and every now pumping a bit. I felt so.guilty going and leaving the dog behind. Then I had another jiggling session.

I will probably rejoin the activity next week.
Just trying to get used to being up and about again after my accident.
It's surprising how tired you can get when having to adjust to an injury and the healing process.
You take for granted what you are able to do and it's not easy to deal with when you are not at your normal levels.

I'm walking around nearing full mobility and flexibility.
I will do a gentle re-introduction before stepping up to my before accident activity levels.
So probably do around 400-500 km over the month on the exercise bike.

Previous Months

2018) January 1109 km, February 1182 km, March 1246.7 km, April 1279.8 km, May 1216.9 km, June 1123 km, July 1097 km, August (Zilch) km
2017) December 1070 km, November 985.8 km, October 1090 km, September 970 km, August 494 km.

Last edited:
Back