September Starters

Hi Caz

Yes I will be 40 next March and I will not be a fat forty! Instead I shall be sexy, classy and people won't believe that I'm 40. Are you planning a big celebration in August? My OH and I are planning to take a holiday, probably do something special like a safari as it is a once in a lifetime thing.

I'm 5ft 4in and am currently at 13st 2lb so reckon I should get to that 12 stone something easy. I got on the scales this morning (I know I shouldn't) and they said 13.0 so something would have to go wrong if I don't manage it.

missed the session last night due to personal problems (fella of 8 years and father of our 11month girl moved out after a row). so I phoned and popped in this morning. I have lost 15.5lbs!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek: OMG That is AMAZING!!!

ok finally on to update... i lost 8.6lbs!!! woohoo!! delighted!! and that was with totm too!!

catznolan -carlow(ire) -week 1 -10th sept (wed) - 4stone -8.6lbs so far
Caz789 - Cheshire - week 2 - Tuesdays - 4 stone - 8.1bs so far
Laststraw - London - week 1 - 10th sept - 3 stone
Mollysmum - Manchester - week 1 - 9th Sept - 6-7 stone
RaeB (Rachel) - West Sussex - week 1 - 10th Sept - 4 stone
SurreySlimmer - Surrey - week 1 - 10th Sept - 6.5 stone - 5lb so far
Willdoitthistime! - Surrey - to start on 10th Sept - 4 stone
Wytchy - (Kim) - Stourbridge, West Mids - Week 1 10th Sept (Wed) - 5 stone (to start!!)

And that is too!!! :eek:

Now for the stats...8 pounds/4kg lost in week one. I'm pretty happy with that but can't help being a smidge jealous of girls losing 10+. I've vowed to start making use of my LL pedometer and will go for a big walk 3-4 x a week to see if that makes a difference for next weeks WI.
AND THAT!!!

lol

Hello peeps!!! sorry I didn't get back on last night ... had a MASSIVE row with other half so I wasn't in the right frame of mind to be online really.

Anyroad up!!! Thank you for your lovely comments about the blog! I shall update later today I promise!!

My loss was.......... 8lbs.

:eek:

Is it wrong to feel jealous of those people who lost more than me but have less weight to lose?

Yes it's over half a stone and I know it's a good loss - but I was secretly hoping for a biggie 10lbs + I have sooooooooo much to lose!

Ho hum - still can't complain. Still not hungry. Have not had so many soups this week and have taken some bars too - will let you know how I get on!!!

You all rock!! This thread is so full of positivity we ought to bottle it and sell it!!!

brill on the 8lbs to wytchy, i was a little bit like u wanted the 10lbs or something but think im just being greedy lol!! it could have been a lot less so thats the main thing!!
sorry bout the row with the oh and hope ye get things sorted soon xxx

Good luck willdoitthistime!! First few days got a bit of getting used to but after week 1 loss you realise it's all worth it!

Wytchy - we missed you!! Congrats on your fantastic loss. I bet you'll be one of those that loses loads every week and then we'll all be jealous of you!! Sorry that you and OH fell out. Hope you're ok now.

RaeB - I'm 5'5" (well I think I'm 5' 4 and 3/4" but LLC told me I was 5'5". So we're basically about the same weight and height (think I was 13 stone 2 too). I'll be on holiday next year when I turn 40. I too am not going to be fat and 40. I'm gonna be a Yummy Mummy!!! Dunno whether to have a party too. Might do.

Somebody said that I looked thinner in the face today. Well they told someone else who told me so I think that is even better. They weren't just saying it! OH keeps calling me thinnie too. Just wait another 13 weeks and then I might believe him lol.

How are we all doing ladies?

I've felt a little sick and headachey this evening for some reason - not sure whether it's relative to the plan or not - but I did have my shake and a bar together this evening - perhaps it was that. :sigh:

Anyway - I'm still fine, positive, AND best of all NOT HUNGRY AT ALL!!!! lol

I tried the peanut bar last night which I was really looking forward to - bit disappointing really cos it was a little dry. I'm sure I'll get used to it tho. The cranberry/rasp one this evening was much better - I love the fact that they're BIG!! lol

Welcome to the new starters - can't wait to hear your losses next weigh in!!

Start of day 3, still feeling ok, keep waiting for the ketosis to hit, maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones
catznolan -carlow(ire) -week 1 -10th sept (wed) - 4stone

Wytchy - (Kim) - Stourbridge, West Mids - Week 1 10th Sept (Wed) - 5 stone (to start!!)
medhurst37 (Sharon) Birmingham Started 9th Sept (Tues) 5 stone to lose (hopefully)

catznolan -carlow(ire) -week 1 -10th sept (wed) - 4stone - 8.6lbs so far!!

medhurst37 (Sharon) Birmingham Started 9th Sept (Tues) 5 stone to lose (hopefully

morning everyone!! well today is my last day of freedom!! i go back to college on mon, and have the bab home full time during weekend so my bf has kindly brought him school this morning so i can lie in till this evening!! so gonna do nothing till bout one!! have had 1 litre of water so far ill get my banana shake soon!! have decided next week to get a lot more vanilla shakes i really look forward to these with my coffee there yummy!!
hows everyone doing today?

catznolan -carlow(ire) -week 1 -10th sept (wed) - 4stone - 8.6lbs so far!!
Mollysmum - Manchester - week 1 - 9th Sept - 6-7 stone- 15.5lbs so far

medhurst37 (Sharon) Birmingham Started 9th Sept (Tues) 5 stone to lose (hopefully

I felt a bit down yesterday evening, I wasn't hungry or anything just a bit grumpy and despondent. I think it might have been that the excitement of weigh in had gone for another week, I started to think about the entire journey of abstinence and I learnt about RTM which means that I've asked the OH if we can cancel plans to a posh Christmas ball that we've invited to (no point in spending £95 a ticket if I can't eat or drink!).

So I sat down and spent an hour writing my diary which really helped to put things into perspective. I am totally committed to RTM otherwise I shall just return to my old ways of eating. So I will have to adjust Christmas to follow RTM, I think I can manage that as the prize will be worth it. I'm going to think of other treats for Christmas Day that don't involve food.

So here I am, another day and I can and will do this. Thanks for listening folks!

raeB we have more or less the same to loose think ive a bit more, and i hope to have finished abstience in the 14 weeks, which will lead me into the sec week in dec and then start on rtm!! i to want to follow rtm prop but def not cancelling any plans during x mass, i no it personal choice, but why not go and be able to dress up!! just cause u cant drink, is there nothing on the menu u will be able to eat?
just dont regret deciding not to go xxx

i too though last night was a bit emotional!! spent while writing down stuff that is seriously bothering me, and by writing it down hoping i can just stop pondering about it!! hope ur feeling better xxx

even though i have no joined yet, i have cut down on my carbs, im drinking coffee with no milk and no sugar, and just looking at finding out low carb food, all it comes up with is atkins, i just would like a list of foods i can....i sooo cant wait to join in with you all, im so excited
Good luck everyone, your doing greatx

Look up the GI diet Lynn, and welcome :)

*squee* I finally worked out how to make crisps. It's so nice to eat something crispy!!!

I was supposed to wait till they crisped up a bit after taking them out of the microwave but I ate umm quite a few of the first batch beforehand. Now I'm full. :)

*unsquee* I just came up with the idea of trying a bit of the vanilla shake in my white tea (that's a type of tea not tea with milk). Why did I do that? I like white tea but not sweet tea. Ugh. Anyhow, it's gone now. Clever aren't I? No comments please!

Hey I tried the crisps too!! Well actually I got bored doing likkle ones so I did one big one then smashed it up!!! hee hee.

How about making some crisps, then making the thai chilli soup up nice and thick - and use as a dip? Just a thought.

I'm sticking to shakes and bars this week tho by way of a change to see whether it makes any difference.

I've also introduced a cup of that Marigold Bouillon mid morning which I'm really enjoying. Felt a bit ropey this evening for some reason - must be me age!!

I do wish the peanut bars were less 'sawdusty'. They're ok but they're so dry I reckon they're best eaten with a drink by the side of you!

Im really suffering right now. i wont cave in or anything but this is a trigger time for me to eat delivered to the door junk.

Have you got any packs left hun? Have you got any savoury drinks? How about a nice hot drink and a warm pampering bath? (as long as you dont' drink the bath water!)
xx

I would probably try and eat the soap! Its all the bloody adverts on telly that dont help. That and the fact my super skinny size 10 mate was banging on about getting an indian takeaway. arrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Hi everyone, am on day 2 and so far so good - yes I know it's only day 2, but we all know what we're like with diets !!

Was physically hungry last night, but rode it out, psychologically it was hard being in front of the tv and not picking or snacking.

I tried the Vanilla with coffee yesterday morning hot - disaster - far too sweet. So this morning I made a teaspoon of vanilla up into a watery consistency and used that in my coffee - can't say it was brilliant, but certainly more palatable.

Now, what I must stop doing is getting on the scales EVERY morning!!!

Hope everyone has a fab weekend, I have my first 'pop-in' on Monday night !!

Upset tummy

:eek:

This is day 3 now and I'm doing ok apart from a really bad upset tummy last night - still feel a bit sick this morning. Has anyone else suffered from this?

On a positive note - had the pop-in last night and had lost 4 lbs already!

Have a good weekend everybody :)

Love Suzanne x x

Back