Serendipity and Very low syn cola bottle jelly sweets

Lonestitcher

Silver Member
Just last Tuesday, I was told about the new flavours of No Added Sugar cordials from Tesco (Sherbet Lemon, Pear Drop and Cola Bottle flavours)....

Then Serendipity appeared in the guise of a thread for Jelly Sweets the SW way.....

And so tonight, Cola Bottle Flavour Jelly Sweets were born!!!.....

I know that N.A.S cordials are 'free' but as I was using them 'not as directed' I checked out the kcals to work out the syns... 6 kcal per 100ml..

I used about 150ml (so about 9/10 kcals worth = 1/2 syn)

This made 26 jelly sweets, ice-cube size all for 1/2 syn!!!

Method

In a jug add 1/4 pint of boiling water.
Add 2 gelatine sachets and stir until dissolved.
Top up to the 1/2 pint mark with Tesco N.A.S. Cola Bottle flavour cordial.
Pour into moulds/tray.
Chill for about 1 hour.
Enjoy!!

:eek:!!! My mum will be over the moon when I tell her about this, she'll think all her Christmases have come at once haha
Thanx!!

Tasted like cola bottles, but with the consistency of a cube of jelly. Going to try making more later, using the pear drop flavoured cordial instead!!!

Sounds lovely

Sounds fab any chance of a pic?

I bought the pear drop a few weeks a go but it just tastsed wrong lol.... Good idea turning them into sweets though :)

If you look on EBay, you can get food grade citric acid. It's what makes sour sweets sour... See where I'm going with this? Mix it with sweetener and sprinkle it over the 'sweets' just before you eat them.

Blaze said:
If you look on EBay, you can get food grade citric acid. It's what makes sour sweets sour... See where I'm going with this? Mix it with sweetener and sprinkle it over the 'sweets' just before you eat them.

Kcal free?

hi ya,i bought all 3 cordials today with the intention of makin the sweets. Can i ask please.is the 150ml cordial diluted. Or is it just neat with the 1/4 water an geletine.(would it not be too sweet) The geletin i bought says 1 sachet will set up2 1 pint! I.m abit confused! Has any1 tried making these sweets?

sarah29704 said:
hi ya,i bought all 3 cordials today with the intention of makin the sweets. Can i ask please.is the 150ml cordial diluted. Or is it just neat with the 1/4 water an geletine.(would it not be too sweet) The geletin i bought says 1 sachet will set up2 1 pint! I.m abit confused! Has any1 tried making these sweets?

I would do as said , it's making jelly sweets not jelly. So it's 2 gelatine. And it's 1/2 cordial not diluted for taste. That's how I read it x

Back