**Seren's Diary**

Do you know the weirdest thing about the vending machine? I could quite easily have just bought something but I didn't WANT it. I was hungry and bored but I wanted to go home and eat my nice tea and the crisps didn't seem all the appealing. For the first few weeks I was trying to lose weight and cut out snacks I used to bring £1.20 for a bottle of diet coke in the morning because there was no way I would forgo that and nothing else. No money, no cards. Packed lunch and that was it! It did help to break the habit.

I noticed that last week I only actually weighed in on Wednesday rather than Tuesday so I had a sneaky peek this morning which shows another 1lb off so it'd be 2lb over the week. I'll wait until next Tuesday to record it though.

Today for work I am wearing a size 16 work dress and it is too big on the bottom. I bought a size 16 (like a deluded idiot) and it didn't fit so I bought the 18. Decided it looked crap and I'd keep both until a) the 18 looked ok and b) the 16 fit. I have never worn the 18 and now the 16 is a bit big in places. Woohoo!!!

xx

I'm back! Been a slightly crazy few days. NOT happy this morning as apparently I have gained 1lb. I suppose it shouldn't really surprise me though given the weekend (and it is coming up to TOTM).

I don't think I have ever fully appreciated the extent to which our lives revolve around food. On Friday I was at an all day training course for work and had to make excuses to go out and buy the closest thing to a healthy lunch I could find as everyone else wanted to go to Pizza Hut or McDonalds. I knew I'd feel silly with a packed lunch like I would normally take to work so I went and got a Tesco HL chicken salad sandwich, some walkers baked crisps and an apple.

Friday night, round at my friends house watching tv and chatting and suddenly everyone decideds to order Dominos despite most of them saying that they had already eaten tea! Grrr!

So far so good though.

Saturday - group outing to Blackpool for the last ever night of the Tache rock venue so all in all 14 of us. It's dark, it's cold, we have found a BnB and everyone is starving and demanding to eat at the first place we find. ChickenExpress. So I thought ok, nothing breaded or battered and no chips so go for tandoori grilled chicken on a pitta bread. Ugh. So disgusting. I ended up starving hungry (I know all the alcopops I drank since they were fast running out of most other kinds of booze!) didnt help and lost all willpower. Cheesburger and chips on the way home. BAD NIC. Breakfast in the morning was also hard. I did at least avoid the temptation of a full english and went for beans on toast with no butter.

Sunday - My sister's early brithday meal. It's her choice so indian it is. I had the best thing I could think of...chicken tikka with no sauce, small helping of pilau rice and half a naan bread. I mostly just felt resentful that I couldnt have what I wanted and was not in the best of moods which isnt fair to my sister.

Its just food, food, food everywhere as soon as I step outside my daily routine! For example, Christmas Markets with my friends from work next Monday and therefore the choices of food will be sausage or, erm, sausage. Or wait until I get home and hope I dont feel ill with hunger. At least I won't drink as I don't really like mulled wine.

On the positive side, I have done day 3 of the 30 day shred and I really like it. Hard going but so quick and fast paced that I don't get bored. Also, because Saturday night was such a big deal with the Tache closing there were quite a lot of people taking pics and I have been tagged in some of them on FB but some reason I seem to have my back to the camera a lot and I could definately see how much smaller my bum and the backs of my arms are than a few months ago.

Hope everyone is well!

Seren xx

Good morning!

Things are going better. Got TOTM out of the way and kept up with the 30 Day Shread. Today's weigh in shows a loss of 4lbs. I did have birthday cake (it was my sister's birthday on Saturday) but the aftereffects were fairly horrendous so won't be doing that again.

Hope everyone is well!

xx

Hiya! I'm doing ok thanks. Hope you are well. Got weighed today at the drs. Into the 12s! Barely but still there. Woooohoooo!

xx

Well now this is weird (annoying but in a good way I suppose) because this all started because of a skirt. A skirt I wanted to wear to the Def Lep/Crue concert on Sunday. It's a size 12 (HnM so actually quite small). I figured there was not a cat in hells chance as I am actully losing weight slowly and sensibly rather than all at once. BUT I can get the darn thing on. Admittedly it is tight and uncomfortable and muffin top-tastic but when this started it wouldnt go over my thighs.

My size 14 suit pants are baggy on the thighs and bum now but fit to the point of a teeny bit tight on the waist. My size 12 dream jeans go up and on but won't quite fasten. ALL my weight has come off my bottom half. I am not complaining, I promise. But I still feel big because when I look in the mirror I just see boobs, tummy, arms. According to the Drs I have now lost 10cm off my tummy which is a lot but I still feel huge. Guess the top half is where the next three stone is going to come. I hope so.

Dr made me set a goal weight. I said 10st. She asked if that wasnt too heavy for me. It isnt as at 5ft 4 it is top of the healthy BMI. I also pointed out that I was once 9st 12 and I cound not maintain it but looked very small. Before I over ate but when I ate normally and exercised 2/3 times a week I maintained 10st 4 and ate treats etc. Obviously the over eating then occured. She admitted that BMI may not be the best measurement as it is only right to take into account my natural shape and metabolism. That was quite refreshing for her to say that. She also said that she only likes to prescribe xen until a person gets from "obese" to "overweight" and if I am still doing well I will have to do the rest myself. That? Is scary.

xx

Mmmm rocks in your pockets.. Just to keep the zen coming :)

Love the fact you can almost fit all those clothes :) it a fab feeling! You now need to work upper body stuff! 6 pack 1.5 water bottles over your head work those arms.. One pack each side, 3 sets 15.. GO!!

It's the little things...I went to see Def Lep/Motley Crue/Steel Panther last night and bought myself a Motley Crue skinny vest. Now, I own a LOT of rock band tshirts. A lot that fit when I bought them and don't anymore and a lot that I have bought in the "L" but didnt fit. Well the vest FITS. Its an "L" and looks really quite nice. I may dig out my old tshirts and see if any of them fit again.

FANTASTIC concert and an added bonus with the tshirt

Seren xx

Well done you!!! One of my workmates went to see the same concert last week said it was amazing & they played the best Leppard son ever, love bites!!!!

Def Lep were AMAZING. Even though I am a Crue girl, I do like the Lep and they rocked!

Anyway, another week and another lb. Slow going (not helped by all the beer at aforementioned concert and the subsequent chicken pitta!)

At least I chose a grilled chicken pitta with no mayo, a few months ago it would have been a cheesburger, large fries, loads of garlic mayo and probably a garlic bread with cheese as well. That makes me feel a bit sick.

Seren xx

Am still jealous lol. I know what you mean about food choices, I think that the tablets will make you think about food choices for life x

Lexie, I totally agree. I've gotten used to saying no/making the healthier choice and do it automatically. When I'm "bad" I still try and keep it on the best side of bad. I am just hoping that as and when I am no longer prescribed xen I don't go crazy without the side effects to keep me in check.

And on another happier note...I wore my size 12 "I will slim into these jeans" jeans today. They ARE too tight on my waist and muffin-top is crazy but since none of my other jeans (bar one pair that were in the wash fit), it'll do for me. If nothing else, I got me some size 12 thighs and I NEVER thought I'd be able to say that again.

Seren xx

Back