**Seren's Diary**

Ooh I was going to do an avatar check but there I am! That was taken on 29 August 2011 when I was approximately 198lbs. Not brave enough for a full body pic but the one taken of me in that outfit is serving as good inspiration as my stomach looks HUGE :-(

Today is a bad day. I had a filling replaced this morning and my mouth is still so sore and for some reason its left me feeling sickly and shaky. On my way into the dentist I tripped on a pile of wet leaves and twisted my ankle. No zumba for me. Work was a disaster that can't be fixed but my boss knows its not my fault at least.

Suppose with my mouth being sore its stopping me eating crap!

Hot bath, early night and tomorrow is another day.

Seren Xx

Poor you! What a rubbish day! Arnica cream on your ankle will help! Know from experience :)

Ahh the lovely feeling of having 8 full hours sleep. I rarely even sleep well but that was much needed. Mouth still sore but less so and I have got the good drugs to get me through today. The sleep has helped me stop being a big wuss and just get on with what needs doing at work and I have my gym bag packed and ready to roll at new gym after work. I may not be able to run on my ankle but I can walk/x-trainer/weights.

Also, this made me laugh. I decided to have a sneaky peak at the scales. According to them I would have lost 5 lbs in two days. Then I realised one of the rubber feet had come off and they were somewhat unbalanced! Ah well. Apparently another 1lb off but it doesnt count until next tuesday.

Motivation wise - I spent an hour last night pulling old jackets out of the wardrobe. I already knew I had gone down a skirt/pants size but still felt the same on top (which is, annoingly, where most of my weight is!). But nope, my lovely faux fur 70s style jacket fits again, my red leather bomber jacket fits again, my blue velvet fitted jacket fits again! Woohoo! It's like going shopping for free.

Seren xx

SerenRock said:
Ahh the lovely feeling of having 8 full hours sleep. I rarely even sleep well but that was much needed. Mouth still sore but less so and I have got the good drugs to get me through today. The sleep has helped me stop being a big wuss and just get on with what needs doing at work and I have my gym bag packed and ready to roll at new gym after work. I may not be able to run on my ankle but I can walk/x-trainer/weights.

Also, this made me laugh. I decided to have a sneaky peak at the scales. According to them I would have lost 5 lbs in two days. Then I realised one of the rubber feet had come off and they were somewhat unbalanced! Ah well. Apparently another 1lb off but it doesnt count until next tuesday.

Motivation wise - I spent an hour last night pulling old jackets out of the wardrobe. I already knew I had gone down a skirt/pants size but still felt the same on top (which is, annoingly, where most of my weight is!). But nope, my lovely faux fur 70s style jacket fits again, my red leather bomber jacket fits again, my blue velvet fitted jacket fits again! Woohoo! It's like going shopping for free.

Seren xx

Hi seren am glad the tooth is easing a little I am petrified of the dentist so you have my sympathy :(
I love the shopping for free idea! I have a burgundy fitted leather jacket that was my mums (so late 60s - early 70s) and I CANNOT wait until it fits again!!!
Congrats on the loss - every lb counts :D x

Yes I like the shopping for free bit too.. I have some great skirts that I want to fit again :)

New gym review - First impressions: lots of very fit people who seem to know exactly what they are doing compared to old gym which has a more mixed crowd and I tend to hide downstairs away from the hardcore gymgoers! Lots of great cardio equipment, free weights area (of which there are two but one is the "meathead" crowd) very small and busy so I didnt venture over. Love the treadmill/x-trainer/stepper as they have built in fans!! Woohoo! Downside was running into one of the associates from work when I was already a sweaty mess and he was just arriving. I think I'll like when I get a better idea of where everything is and looking forward to the taster classes I have signed up for. I'm going to run before PureAbs tomorrow and x-trainer/stepper workout before PureCardio on Sat morn.

Trying really hard not to let mega-work stress make me eat. Suceeded so far.

As for non-scale victories - got into a dress I used to wear "out" because it was a little tight and made me too boobilicious and now it is a totally acceptable work dress as the boobs are not all squished in. Wearing that for work tomorrow as battle-dress.

Seren xx

Today did not start well. Late night of surfing the net trying to avoid the inevitable "head won't switch off" inability to sleep and an earlier start than usual for a 8am conference at work. I knew I was going to be on the last minute and intended to wait until after the conference to eat my weetabix. I was so hungry I had two slices of buttered toast from the sandwich shop! Damnit! Although I managed to drop half of one on my way in. I took the xenical anyway, figured I could do with the help given the fat in all that butter. Just waiting to see how it affects me now.

Grrr.

Seren xx

Survived the toast and butter unscathed! Well so far but I normally get it within 12 hours so I am hopeful all is well. I had the BEST Friday night tea....WW beans, egg fried in once cal spray, WW oven chips. Woohoo!

Worst work day of my so far short career. Did not got to the gym after work as I didn't leave work until it was too late to make the class. Have cancelled tomorrow's class as I am just too exhausted and mentally fried. I will go for a late afternoon run and also going to punch the hell out of the punch bag. Exercise AND stress relief. Hell yeah!

Happy that today has not driven me to give in and eat crap. That is a victory in and of itself. Helped by the fact that I wore my dress for work and actually felt good. For the first time ever, I was discussing the gym with the guy from work I saw last night and I didnt feel embarrassed. I used to feel like if I mentioned the gym then the other person would think "As if this fat cow actually goes to the gym regularly, yeah right!". Today I felt like a normal, non fitness fanatic obviously, who watches what she eats and exercises.

Seren xx

Nyte Heet was amazing. As was the half of a small chicken kebab I ate. I had the chicken and a tiny bit of naan bread. I was done then, don't seem to have the capacity I used to. LOVED what I wore (i did try to take pics but since Mr S and I were on our own there are none of the usual night out pics). I wore a size 16 dress, it is a flowy chiffon top with a vest underneath and a body con skirt. I put a wide black belt around it and my thigh high boots. Rocked OUT to lots of glam metal and classic rock and noticed I felt like "Old Nic" rather than the past few years of "Fat Nic". Even Mr S (although since I just said my real name we can just call him Chris) was forced to admit he has noticed my weight loss.

Been a bit off today but in a good way. I still AUTOMATICALLY had a tiny bite of bread roll and filled up on veg at Sunday dinner even though I declared it an "off day". I baked a golden syrup cake and had three bites with some Tesco LF custard.

I think this week will be a STS as I have had very little exercise. I have found that exercise is the main thing for me. Xen keeps me on track but I need the exercise to push me into losses. We shall see.

Monday tomorrow...UGH. Just getting over the horror of last week in the office but hey, its another day and I am not going to beat myself up over things beyond my control. I AM a good lawyer and it was NOT my fault. This whole food/weight thing has shown me a lot of things that I overthink and overworry about and I DONT need to do that. Who knew tackling a weight issue would highlight a life issue that needs tackling too? I just feel stronger now.

Seren/Nic xx

I'd forgotten I was quite to introspective on Sunday! Another weigh in another 1lb off. I'm very happy with that as I have done hardly any exercise, ate half a chicken kebab on Saturday night and an admittedly quite small piece of golden syrup cake on Sunday.

This week should hopefully be much better. Just need to fend off this cold.

xx

Loads garlic, chilli and fresh veg in a soup :) with some multi grain bread or noodles

Thank you!

Cold seems to have abated (hopefully its not hiding at the back of my nose ready to make a grand re-entrance just in time for the weekend!)

Just had a moment of weakness. I am having a super hungry day. I've just been down to the vending machine at work but come back with a Diet Coke because all we have in the machine is kettle crisps, walkers crisps, twiglets and loads of chocolate bars. Not worth it. I could murder a Wispa though.

Be strong! Zumba tonight :party0049:. Yaya!

Seren xx

Yes well done! I used to only have enough money for a diet coke in my pocket/ purse thank goodness the vending machines don't take cards :)

Back