Serial scale jumpers......

Rayven

Addicted to Minimins!
Hello......my name's Rayven.......& i'm addicted to my scales!! (there i've said it!) :eek:

I hereby make a pledge to not jump on my scales (& potentially sabotage my diet) unless its my weekly weigh in. I admit i have a problem and need support to kick the habit.

Seriously though - i thought we might all need the support from time to time to STOP the scale hopping! (i know i do! lol) As long as the weight is going down scale hopping can give you an extra boost when you're feeling low and thinking of jacking it in - but when theres no sign of movement or (God forbid) a gain we can potentially send ourselves running to the fridge!

PLEASE, PLEASE lets all make an effort not to scale hop anymore. ;)

My husband hides the scales as I weigh constantly so for example ..one wee equals 1 lbs , one small poo is similar and big can be anything up to 2-3lbs if constipated !!! how sad is that ???
Anyway I drive everyone bananas - if i stay the same - i weigh loads just to check its going down; if i lose weight I weigh in order to check its still off....saddo or what.
I just get someone to hide them then when everyone is eating I sneak around trying to find them !
Oh and I'm a real grown up .....
with love

Hello......my name's Rayven.......& i'm addicted to my scales!! (there i've said it!) :eek:

I hereby make a pledge to not jump on my scales (& potentially sabotage my diet) unless its my weekly weigh in. I admit i have a problem and need support to kick the habit.

Seriously though - i thought we might all need the support from time to time to STOP the scale hopping! (i know i do! lol) As long as the weight is going down scale hopping can give you an extra boost when you're feeling low and thinking of jacking it in - but when theres no sign of movement or (God forbid) a gain we can potentially send ourselves running to the fridge!

PLEASE, PLEASE lets all make an effort not to scale hop anymore. ;)

Here here! I too make a pledge not to jump on my scales everyday and wait until my weekly weigh in! (but i also might have to get someone else to hide them lol):gimi:

I had to force myself not to jump on them this morning! :sigh: Desperately wanted to see how i was doing (especially as this week for me won't be a full week before WI :() but literally ran to the kitchen and downed a glass of water (i can never weigh in once i've drunk something because i know that effects the reading). People have suggested i should throw away my scales so i CAN'T scale hop :eek: but i just can't do it!! :eek:

Right at the start of doing CD I jumped on my scales and to my (initial) horror the batteries were flat. However, I thought about it for a minute and decided that actually this was a blessing in disguise as I would be permanently jumping on and off the thing and driving myself up the wall. In the past I have become so demotivated when scales have not shown a loss and I've gone completely off the diet whenever they have shown a gain. Trust me girls, the worst thing you can do is weigh yourselves. It does become an obsession and its not good.

I get so excited now on Mondays, counting down the hours until I go to see my CDC to get weighed. Oooh the anticipation.............its great!!!:D:bliss:

Sorry guys but i cant give up my scales hopping! That would be worse than giving up food!

I am lucky as mine do match my cdc's scales so i dont have any big disappointments.

I wish you all luck in giving up your scales. lol

I also can't give up my scales...sorry!
I might try it though for a few days and make the effort to support this thread...actually I wont weigh til Tues next week. Promise!! x

My OH has hidden the batteries out of my scales without me knowing!!!
So really, I don't have a choice but I will promise not to go anywhere near anyone elses scales until I have second WI next Thurs. I've just had my first WI so I am not having withdrawals syptoms yet!!

I like Rayvens idea of jumping out of bed and drinking water, that would definately stop me weighing myself :)

I'm gonna keep a bottle of water next to my bed so i can down it as soon as i wake up. Its the only way i'm not gonna weigh myself.

scale hopping is such a bad idea! I think it is partly what ruined calorie counting, because in the morning you weigh less, but then in the evening it looks like you've put weight on, which is SOOOO disheartening :( .. but It's probably different with CD, what with eating less in general :D

It's a bit hard to resist looking on the wii fit though.... not that I'm getting on that every day hahahaha

Crikey! I was thinking of buying myself some scales, but am rethinking now!
I will, however, get some when I reach goal, as I think not weighing myself ever was one of the reasons I was able to fool myself that I wasn't as big as I was before I started.

you still weigh more in the evenings on cd catkin... sorry hunny :)

I'm a scale hopper too! In face it's my weigh in at 5 and my scaled differ slightly to my CDCs. My scales said 15'6 this morning and just got in from work and they said 15'9 *gasp* I stopped drinking at half past two so that I don't have a full bladder for the W.I.

I'm such a loser!!

Sorry guys but i cant give up my scales hopping! That would be worse than giving up food!

I am lucky as mine do match my cdc's scales so i dont have any big disappointments.

I wish you all luck in giving up your scales. lol

Ha ha im the same! I couldnt not scale hop.

I'm a scale hopper too! In face it's my weigh in at 5 and my scaled differ slightly to my CDCs. My scales said 15'6 this morning and just got in from work and they said 15'9 *gasp* I stopped drinking at half past two so that I don't have a full bladder for the W.I.

I'm such a loser!!
This is now hon, you are feeling very negative. Ignorance is bliss I say. I used to be exactly the same and I failed every diet because of it :-(

I'm using the Wii (scales are broke), it takes to long to setup to jump on it every day :), so I've only weighed myself once.

I sooooo want a Wii - am hoping my hubby will buy me one for my birthday! So hubby - if you're reading this, you have your instructions! lol

Back