SERIous HELP NEEDED:(

FATLASS1984

wannabe yummy-mummy:P
Hi all i have my weigh-in at 6pm tomorrow night(thursday)and need to have lost 3.5lb to get my 2st award thats been getting further and further away from my grasp,ive not put any weight on since starting ss last november,just losing weight in small quantities alot(2-3 pounds a week) and the odd 6lb loss here and there on a good week...

i know i shouldnt weigh myself on my own scales but i just weighed myself and ive only lost 1.5lbs this week(was birthday on friday and ate like a pig:(...)..would it be possible to lose 2lbs by tomorrow night dya think?I sooooo want this award:)cheers:)xoxox

Hi all i have my weigh-in at 6pm tomorrow night(thursday)and need to have lost 3.5lb to get my 2st award thats been getting further and further away from my grasp,ive not put any weight on since starting ss last november,just losing weight in small quantities alot(2-3 pounds a week) and the odd 6lb loss here and there on a good week...

i know i shouldnt weigh myself on my own scales but i just weighed myself and ive only lost 1.5lbs this week(was birthday on friday and ate like a pig:(...)..would it be possible to lose 2lbs by tomorrow night dya think?I sooooo want this award:)cheers:)xoxox

Body weight changes dramatically through 24hours (for me as much as 7lbs). And scales are calibrated differently too, so SW scales and your scales might vary a lot.

So on that note - don't fret until group.

But as for 2lbs in a day - you cannot lost 2lbs of fat in a day no. 2lbs may show on the scales over a few hours (as said, it can vary a lot) but you cannot lose fat that fast.

People can have huge losses in a week - but a lot of the time it's water etc with fat and not just fat, if that makes sense.

Most importantly, it is NOT worth the stress to yourself and body to even try this. It's not safe to lose fat that fast sweetie.

It was your birthday, you had fun. Don't stress this much. Just get back onto plan and work with the system.

To do anything drastic (like not eat) to get the award is not a good idea - plus, you want to win the award knowing you deserve it and haven't fluked it - or you may be mentally giving that award back in a week when your body regulates. That will be as bad as not getting it this week. Set a more realistic target date for this goal and draw a line under this week. My biggest loss at my group was 3lbs - I've lost the same as you total(I'm not far from 2 stone award) but it's taken ages. Not to worry you, but it can take time. But it's best to lose steadily for long term maintaining.

It's not a race sweetie - it's a change of life. Stay safe - and well done on losses to date x

xxx

I would worry about the stress you're putting yourself under. You are calling losses of 2-3lb a week 'small' whereas they're the higher end of average weight losses per week.

Personally I would worry you're being TOO strict on yourself xxx

i think, go to your class, and see how it turns out. If you have lost 3.5lb in a week thats amazing loss - and i agree with Suepat, if you lose 2-3lbs every week - can i have some of what you are having! i lose very slowly so those sort of losses are amazing!

The slower it comes off the easier it is to keep off as well!

good luck! x

thanks girlies i understand what you are both saying but now i know how good it feels to lose the weight i just want to keep going,im on cloud 9 and i dont wanna come down:)xx
Occasionally the scales don't show what we want to see but that this should not be a reason to get off your cloud!!!!!

Think of what you have achieved- although it would be difficult to maintain the losses you have had long term, this should not be seen as a reason to stop celebrating or feeling proud.

I lose 1lb a week on average- imagine if I had been disheartened at the beginning with this loss? I could never have kept it up and would now be fatter than when I started

Good luck for tomorrow, doll, but try and go a bit easier on yourself- that award will come
x

I had the same dilemma earlier on this week. Anyway, I went to class and had lost 4lb's so you never know, but as others have said look at the bigger picture and how far you have come. I would be pleased with 1-2lb losses as they are all in the right direction.

I lost 1/2lb the week before and thats why I think I had such a big loss this week.

I would not try to lose the 2lb in a day. Just accept what losses you have gained and next week work harder towards that 2 stone goal. It's not worth putting yourself in a difficult position.
Also you never know what the scales will actually show.
Let us know how you get on.

Happy belated birthday!!! You only get them once a year, so there's no need to beat yourself up if you don't lose as much as usual. It's a longterm thing and by the sound of things you've been doing wonderfully! X

thanks girlies i understand what you are both saying but now i know how good it feels to lose the weight i just want to keep going,im on cloud 9 and i dont wanna come down:)xx

We all want to lose the weight and its a fantastic feeeling when you have a good wi but youre really setting yourself up for disapointment. Aiming for 2 - 3lbs a week is too much on SW - and it certainly isnt a small loss, as someone already said thats at the top of the SW range.

Aim for 1 - 2 a week and count anything else as a bonus - this isnt a race ;)

OMG 2-3 lb small losses and 6 lb a big loss?!?!?! I'd say 2-3 lb is an incredible loss and 6 lb is a gobsmacking faint on the spot loss!!! Everyone else has already said what I'm thinking! You are being too hard on yourself!! Don't forget that whatever you're doing to lose weight, you've got to keep up a similar lifestyle to maintain it (with admittedly a few more treats allowed)!! So do see it as a long term thing- you're already WELL on your way to getting to target so try not to be impatient! I know how you feel! I'm really feeling the benefits of what I've lost so far and totally in The Zone and can't wait to lose more...and more....and more...but this time around I know I'm going to get there and I'd rather get there without putting tremendous pressure on myself!!X

i dont starve myself to get my 2-3lb a week losses(or my 6lb ones lol)i just cut out ALL treats and have no syns which doesnt bother me as i dont like chocolate and sweet things and i never drink alcohol...i know this isnt a race but i have to lose the weight as quickly as im able to,the weight was putting terrible strain on my lungs(was always out of breath just walking a few yards)and have painful varicose veins in my legs which seem to be getting a bit better since losing the weight,im a single mum and i have 3 young boys and want to better myself as a parent and be able to do more things with them withour getting to exhausted due to being an unhealthy weight...would love to be able to play footy with them in the park without nearly fainting due to shortness of breath or bad pains in my legs but i know those days will come,gotta give it time:)Thanks for all your help girls i apprieciate it tremendously:)xx

Back