seroquelXL

_red_

ok so i've been blogging elsewhere but not on a weight loss support site, i hope i'm welcome :) here's what i have recorded so far.....

day 1

I've been hearing a lot about how difficult it is to maintain weight, let alone lose it whilst on anti-psychotics so since I've just been started on 600mg of seroquel(abilify didn't agree with me) I thought what better time to start a new diet and exercise routine.

So, today is day one of what I hope to be a lifestyle change rather than a regular diet that gets tossed into the corner when the going gets tough.

After weighing myself this morning I was slightly pleased as I had lost 2lbs since thursday without trying, I'll admit I have lost my appetite since taking them. It's not much, I know, but it's a step in the right direction that's for sure.

Throughout this I will be weight daily but my offical weigh in of the week will be monday mornings.

My Mum and Dad are joining me on this so temptation will be limited, I hardly eat much normally Im just too lazy to do any exercise.

I wont be recording my weight just how much Ive lost.

I will check in later and record what I've eaten and what exercise I've done
smile1.gif

end of day 1

today i did no exercise, what a lazy g*t.

ive eaten 1 weetabix with milk and a salad with salad cream totalling about 200 calories.

doing good
smile1.gif

day 2

Weight loss to date(since yesterday, Im not counting the initial weight loss) : 2lbs

Today I woke up feeling completely refreshed. I'm beginning to wonde rif a healthy diet and lifestyle is half the battle for me. It's a start atleast.

Having weighed myelf I'm not that impressed since it's probably water weight right now but then again, who cares? the numbers are moving in the right direction.

Still not done any exercise yet, I need to do some today!!

Check in laters....oh also feeling ultra tired from the seroquel but it's better than the alternative

hmm..

some of my replies are having to be checked by mods before they're posted that's why theres a chunk of info missing :)

ok i will try to post the bits that were missed out....

day 1 food:

today i did no exercise, what a lazy git.

ive eaten 1 weetabix with milk and a salad with salad cream totalling about 200 calories.

doing good

day 2:

Weight loss to date(since yesterday, Im not counting the initial weight loss) : 2lbs

Today I woke up feeling completely refreshed. I'm beginning to wonde rif a healthy diet and lifestyle is half the battle for me. It's a start atleast.

Having weighed myelf I'm not that impressed since it's probably water weight right now but then again, who cares? the numbers are moving in the right direction.

Still not done any exercise yet, I need to do some today!!

Check in laters.... very tired from the seroquel...

day 2 food:

ok i've finished eating for the day and ive had:

1 weetabix, an oxo cube drink and 2 small salads which totala to about 300 calories. i'm pleased with the result let's just hope the result shows on the scales tomorrow morning!! XD

hi red, welcome to the forum.

by reading your diary it seems as if your eating little or nothing, i'm not here to judge you but that is very dangerous. your surviving on 200-300 calories per day.

Hello :) You might want to do a google search for a calculator to work out your 'basal metabolic rate' or 'BMR'- that tells you how many calories your body needs to function on a daily basis, just for everyday functions and not including any exercise you may be doing. You'll see that it's an awful lot more than what your current diet is providing you with! Now, if you want to lose weight then you do need to eat fewer calories than your BMR tells you, but reducing your calories by 500 a day is still the equivalent of 1lb a week in fat :) It's a lot healthier to do things that way and will be easier to stick to over the long term too. Best of luck to you :)

sorry hun, maybe i shoud'nt have said anything in the 1st place but i was genuinly concerned, i no i would have been staving living on that little amount of calories, even my brekkie has more than 200 cals lol, i would suggest you up your cals to even 800-1000 and you will still lose lots, because if you carry on with this you will eventually start to gain weight again.
x

thanks for your opinions i jst cant seem to stop :S my post for yesterday would have been:

sooo i didnt post yesterday for one reason or another but here is yesterdays menu:

1 weetabix, 2 rice crackers, half a tablespoon of philly,half a wrap, some salad and it totalled 300 calories. yipee

be back later to record todays total, so far, so good ...

and since sunday ive lost half a stone, im very overweight so i wont be starved for a while im sure

wow half a stone in 3 days! i've never heard anything like it before.

goodluck with the rest of your day x

Back