Setting a goal

StephenP

Mines a V&T Please
How do you all set the goal to reach-i am 0.5lbs away from my(first one) but after looking into BMI the Mrs tells me i need to loose another 14lbs to reach a healthy BMI.Does anyone have a good BMI calculator that take your body shape into effect.

Stephen

The problem with calculating your BMI is that it takes no account of either your body shape or muscle mass. My friend who is a martial arts addict and doesn't have an ounce of fat on him is classed as nearly obese! It might be a good general tool so that you have some idea of where you want to be, but I wouldn't be slavish about following it :)

i think its up to you stephen and when your comfortble and happy with how you feel and the way you look you will have reached your goal

my healthy bmi will put me at 8st 7 and i know i wont get back down to this im not to worried but id like to get to 10st and see how i go from there

Sorry no it all depends on your bones etc too. Go on dukandiet website (uk) and there is a true weight planner - takes into account lots of things and gives you target weight.

I'm no fan of BMI either Stephen.

Im certainly not a fan of bmi. Its an overall generalization for everyone. Like you said it needs to be personal to you. Its like all these scales that tell you your body fat. I dont get how they can tell you as they dont ask for the density of your bones! Sorry a little rant.
I set my goal from the size i used to be and was happy at. And the size i have tons of clothes for!!!

Don't like bmi either. I've set my goal by the weight i was after i had my kids and the weight i was then. I think i'm the only person in the world that can lose 2 stone on each pregnancy. I was always lighter at my overdue checkups than my original weight. I'm just a freak i guess. :)

9 months of morning sickness. Ha ha. Ah no i think my body just responded well to pregnancy. Straight after i could not keep the weight off no matter how much exercise i did. It's quite strange. On my first child i went to 9st 2lb after delivery and i just looked sick. I'd never go that low again.

5' 6''. I'm stopping at number two. Haven't the patience, ha ha.

Measure your waist Stephen, If you fit into 36" at your height you're perfect :D

Hun forget your bmi. Are you happy with how you are? If you are then your at your goal. I think most of us have chosen weights we have been before and felt great. How you feel is so much more important than any silly number, be it on the scales or a bmi chart. Im 5ft 3" and it tells me im obese. I have 10lb to lose til i get to goal and wearing clothes i would not have been able to a while ago.

I'm a 36" as well :) I couldn't get in a 34" though.

Lol. Dont think i'll be having more unless i have twins!!!
ginger curly haired twins ;)

as for the bmi i think its rubbish doesnt take into account bone structure. alright I know ive more to lose but my hip bones have no fat on them and my ribs dont either. but i still have fat bum and wobbly thighs. people are built differently an I think whoever came up with the BMI wants shooting.

Back