Setting goal weights!

Loopyluc

Day One...
Hey all! I know I will get some advice here..... so..... :D

I reached my 10% goal (woohoo!) and now it seems such a big gap till my goal weight!

How did you keep motivated? is it best to split it down into more manageable chunks (excuse the term, lol) getting to a healthy BMI is a way off yet, so was thinking maybe I need to go another 10% or something similar?

what has worked for you?

Grateful for any advice!

Looopy :)

My first is to get to 9st 7 the 9st then 8st 7... :D

I had 106lbs to lose so take it as stones I started off 17s 4lb so my forst goal was 16's ........Im now in the 13's so am really detirmened to get to the 12's and thats my focus other wise its too big for me to think of the end,well done on your 10% and how much do you want to lose?xx

Im not sure yet, I think its more about a size than a weight. but at least a couple more stone for my height!

Thanks ladies, small goals i think will be better :)

I keep going in chunks of 7 until im happy with my size. :) If you want to do another 10% thats fine! :D

Well done on getting to your 10% :)
I think it's definitely a good idea to break it into more manageable chunks, if another 10% is what works for you go for it :) Personally I always took it one shiney 7 at a time and that worked really well for me x

oh, it didnt even occur to me to break it down into 7s! lol... thats a good plan :) Weigh in in an hour, arghhhh! lol

Good luck!! :D

Thanks Cherry, i havent tried very hard this week, so a sts would be the best i can hope for i think!! will see.

I'm only looking at a STS this week but ive not been well so eaten more or less what ive wanted (which hasnt been that much tbh coz every time food hit my stomach, I felt sick!)

Ive broke my weight loss down into clothes sizes. I started off an 18-20 (almost always a 20 though) and now im down to a 14-16 (almost always a 14). My first ultimate weight goal was to lose a stone 6 weeks after I started WW which I managed but after that, my goal has been "to be a bonafide new look 14 (has been proved new look sizes are proper sizes) before my works xmas doo so I can wear a size 14 dress"

However, Ive already hit that target with 9 weeks till my xmas doo so now, my new target is to get to 10st 10lb before my works doo (another stone off and my friends WW starting weight!) Im getting a bit obsessed with looking for dresses now I must admit but I havent worn a dress to a night out for almost 6 years so its a biggie!

I'm only looking at a STS this week but ive not been well so eaten more or less what ive wanted (which hasnt been that much tbh coz every time food hit my stomach, I felt sick!)

Ive broke my weight loss down into clothes sizes. I started off an 18-20 (almost always a 20 though) and now im down to a 14-16 (almost always a 14). My first ultimate weight goal was to lose a stone 6 weeks after I started WW which I managed but after that, my goal has been "to be a bonafide new look 14 (has been proved new look sizes are proper sizes) before my works xmas doo so I can wear a size 14 dress"

However, Ive already hit that target with 9 weeks till my xmas doo so now, my new target is to get to 10st 10lb before my works doo (another stone off and my friends WW starting weight!) Im getting a bit obsessed with looking for dresses now I must admit but I havent worn a dress to a night out for almost 6 years so its a biggie!

well done you're doing great!! :D i hate dress shopping so im hoping as i get a bit smaller it will become more fun!!

I keep going in chunks of 7 until im happy with my size. :) If you want to do another 10% thats fine! :D

Well done on getting to your 10% :)
I think it's definitely a good idea to break it into more manageable chunks, if another 10% is what works for you go for it :) Personally I always took it one shiney 7 at a time and that worked really well for me x

I did it the same :) in 7lbs don't know why but just made me feel like majorly celebrating everytime i hit another half a stone off, and before i knew it they were building up into stones off etc, you don't realise how much your actually losing if you take it in 7lbs i find, as you think ok another 7 off... another 7 off... and then you look back and think wow added up it's like 1 stone etc! :) found it more helpful and was more motivated in single figures than looking at the big number and thinking no chance

I'm personally finding it really hard, because I'm just 0.5lbs under a stone where as my hubby is only 3.5lbs away from his second stone.

I think the 7lbs goal is really good idea, but one of my goals at the moment is to have a minus (a loss) each week no matter how big or small, cause 0.5lbs off is still a step in the right direction as far as I am concerned.

I try not to think long term as much, cause I don't want to say something like 1.5 or 2 stone off by Christmas, cause although it may be achievable, I don't want to end up getting depressed if I have not reached that goal.

One day at a time, and a loss at the end of the week, is good enough for me at the mo...

I do like to break my goals down to 7lb goals but as Z said - having a loss each week is definitely something worth aiming for because every little helps.

I am using dress sizes as well, though they are bigger goals as they mean more than 7lbs - hopefully just one more dress size to go :)

I didn't know New Look dress sizes were supposed to be proper - good to know as I had a crying fit in changing rooms in Primark the other day because 'my size' didn't ruddy fit! It did fit me in New Look though so I win! :D

My consultant put my next goal as my next 10 percent (already done my first 10 percent). Thats another stone and a half away. Then I'll do another 10 percent etc.

Personally my goals are the clothes sizes :)

I didn't know New Look dress sizes were supposed to be proper - good to know as I had a crying fit in changing rooms in Primark the other day because 'my size' didn't ruddy fit! It did fit me in New Look though so I win! :D

Primarni are evil for clothes. I take 3 different items in just to see which fits best, sometimes im a 12 and they still hang off me sometimes a 16 is a bit snug. Can never win!!:mad:

Primarni are evil for clothes. I take 3 different items in just to see which fits best, sometimes im a 12 and they still hang off me sometimes a 16 is a bit snug. Can never win!!:mad:

So glad it's not just me! Ruddy jeans in there are a complete no-go if your feeling a bit low! Having said that, I'm over the moon when I manage to get a smaller size to fit me though so it's swings and roundabouts I suppose :D

I still can't get a 12 from new look to fit me!!! but other places a 12 is far too big?!

Back