Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Setting goals?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Jenmac, 7 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Jenmac

Jenmac can't speak French

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World online
    Hello!

How did you all choose your goals? I am starting again and wondered if I should maybe change my goal.:confused:

I'm not going to classes (there isn't one near me at a suitable time, boo!) so don't have a Consultant to ask.
    Never really having been slim (only through illness really!) I'm not sure how much I want to weigh. Given my build I know I need to have a BMI below 22 to be "healthy" (I might not be particularly big but I am a proper chubber IYKWIM :) ) and I'd like to be a size 8/10. I've chosen 9st on my ticker but I don't know if I should do half-stone goals or what...
    There's another small problem in that I don't like to get weighed, it can trigger stupid behaviour so I try to avoid it:sigh:.

What I thought I might do was get my jeans in order - ones that are a bit too tight to wear, the ones I can't fasten and the ones that don't go over my a***, and use getting into them as goals?

Any suggestions gratefully received!

xxxxxxxxxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. skinnyminnycow

skinnyminnycow Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(11.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Personally i dont make goals at all - the ONLY goal i make is that i will treat myself to a CD or something at the end of the week if i have kept to my exercise plan. Anything more than that i start to feel under pressure and fall at the first hurdle and feel very bad. (I havent even set a long term goal weight!

I do, however have a pair of size 10 skinny jeans and a bottle of vintage MOET champagne in my room that i will treat myself to when im a size 10! Thats my motivation :D

Its each to their own - if you are going to set goals make sure they are tiny ones like evey week to keep you motivated!!

4. Jenmac

Jenmac can't speak French

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World online
    I like your style missus! The champagne might be a good idea :D

5. skinnyminnycow

skinnyminnycow Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(11.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oooo it is! Eveytime i think about being naughty those jeans and (mainly) the champagne appear in my head!!! Good luck setting your goals/rewards/motivation! xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.