Setting Your Target

Hi everyone,

I wondered how you guys have set your target weights?

I set mine at 9st (I am 5ft 3) and it was a bit arbitrary. I remembered that I think I felt good when I was 9st, which was probably at least six years ago now! I also remember being 8st 7 shortly before that period though, and feeling great and super slim, but it wasn't sustained for long.

I'm currently at 9st 10 and feeling SO much better than I did when I started out. But have I been too optimistic with my target? Or not enough?

9st is fine for someone who is 5'3, I'm the same height as you and have set mine for 10st as that's when I was my happiest and I know I can reach that. I may carry on until I'm 9st afterwards but don't want to force myself. I set my target as that weight was when I was healthiest and also it's within my ideal weight range. x

I am your height too...and originally set mine for 8stone as thats what i was in jan 2012 but have added a bit on...got down to 8 stone 6 a few months ago and would be happy to get back there so have gone for a mid point at 8 stone 4 between the two to be a bit more challenging without being silly and looking too gaunt at nearly 51

It depends on how you carry it, hun. Everybody's bodies are different but 9 stone would make your BMI 22.3, slap bang in the middle of the healthy range x

Back