SF Newbie :)

p0kers0ph

Hi, I began the SF plan today. I've already lost 70lbs by counting calories and exercising. I've been stuck on a plateau for a good few months now and want to try something new to get the scale moving again. My first day has gone well. I had a banana shake for brekkie, a choc shake for lunch, chicken korma for dinner and my snacks were a banana, half a protein bar, sesame snaps and a chesse string thingy lol. I've felt pretty hungry this afternoon and now, I guess this will begin to fade as my body gets used to something new. I've also been chugging away at the water and have got 8 glasses in so far. I've stocked up some low cal snacks today, tomorrow I'm going to get the powders. I brought the pre-made drinks to get an idea of the flavours, I must say they are all delicious! Anyway I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing my progress.

Hi p0kers0ph, well done for losing 70lb already that's fantastic, I bet that's made you feel great.

I started sf on Wednesday, and I'm really enjoying it, I have been surprised at how filling the shakes are and also the 600 cal meal, I only bought one tub of powder as I wanted to check I could stick to the diet before buying too much, it's going well so I'm looking forward to buying some more flavours and having more variety. Well done for sipping away at the water, it definitely helps. Looking forward to losing weight with you, we can do it x

Hey Kim, thanks for the welcome! Yeah I feel so much better about myself now I've lost 5 stone, it's just this last 2 stone to get to my goal that I'm having trouble shifting. A lot of it is down to being strict with myself, I know I can do it when I put my mind to it, I have proof of that! I look forward to getting to know you and sharing our ups and downs. We are totally going to rock this! :)

Hey Kim, thanks for the welcome! Yeah I feel so much better about myself now I've lost 5 stone, it's just this last 2 stone to get to my goal that I'm having trouble shifting. A lot of it is down to being strict with myself, I know I can do it when I put my mind to it, I have proof of that! I look forward to getting to know you and sharing our ups and downs. We are totally going to rock this! :)
Hello! Welcome to the SF forum, it was a bit quiet here until last week but a few of us are determined to get it a bit more talkative so please feel free to join us! We have similar start weights and your target is something I want to get to eventually (got a temporary target until June because of hols!) :) Your weight loss so far is amazing!!! Well done. The first day for me was definitely the worst I feel shaky and ill and SO HUNGRY and just blah. Glad I stuck with it because I feel really good now and I think it has been much easier than when I did Slimming World. I guess I just like knowing what I am going to eat :) We CAN do it together - the best of luck :) xxx

Hi Beth, good to meet you! I'm definitely up for being chatty and sharing this journey, the more the merrier! Day 2 has been good, I've kept myself busy and haven't felt too hungry. I had ran out of shakes, had my last at brekkie, I actually got my mum to take me to boots to get one for my lunch as I didn't wanna just grab anything and ruin the plan! I really look forward to my eve meals even more so than before which is a nice feeling, appreciating it more and really choosing what I eat to make the most of it. Thanks for the support, we can do this! Sophia xx

Hi Sophia, well done for sticking to the diet, what flavours did you buy? I've been feeling really hungry tonight, I've had lots of water but did end up having an extra apple which tasted amazing, I was so close to having a biscuit so I'm pleased I didn't give in.

stay strong everyone xx

Hi Beth, good to meet you! I'm definitely up for being chatty and sharing this journey, the more the merrier! Day 2 has been good, I've kept myself busy and haven't felt too hungry. I had ran out of shakes, had my last at brekkie, I actually got my mum to take me to boots to get one for my lunch as I didn't wanna just grab anything and ruin the plan! I really look forward to my eve meals even more so than before which is a nice feeling, appreciating it more and really choosing what I eat to make the most of it. Thanks for the support, we can do this! Sophia xx

Yay! You must be so pleased you didn't grab anything! Know what you mean about evening meals!! Good luck for day three and nearly halfway through the week!

Welcome :) I find this forum really helpful for that extra support :p So what are your favourite flavours ladies? I thought, being the chocolate lover I am I would love the chocolate shake but its tastes so powdery. The shake I didn't think I would like is the strawberry...but its now my favourite!!! I also find it quite easy to get the chocolate fix I need with the Chocolate Crunch meal bars...theyre amazing!

K xx

Hi Kirsty, I like all the flavours I've tried so far, vanilla, choc, banana & latte. I've yet to try the caramel which I've heard is nice, I don't like strawberry so I'll be giving that a miss! I'll be mixing mine with almond milk, I used to use it to make protein shakes, it has a nice thick, creamy consistency which is perfect, it is much more filling than skimmed milk and less calories so in effect I can actually have more!!

Welcome :) I find this forum really helpful for that extra support :p So what are your favourite flavours ladies? I thought, being the chocolate lover I am I would love the chocolate shake but its tastes so powdery. The shake I didn't think I would like is the strawberry...but its now my favourite!!! I also find it quite easy to get the chocolate fix I need with the Chocolate Crunch meal bars...theyre amazing!

K xx

I thought the same about the chocolate one as well ! I stick to banana although i tried vanilla and didn't like it so i mixed it with the banana and it was better! Wonder what chocolate and banana would be like less powdery?!

Mix the banana and chocolate one scoop of each!! yummy yummy!!
x

I haven't found any of them powdery at all, weird. Do you whizz yours up in a blender? If I'm at home I do that, if I'm out and about I mix mine up in a Maxitone protein shake shaker, mixes them up really well x

I just use a shaker and not powdery at all I actually really like them!!

Back