Shake Weight on ITV's This Morning

CHARLEYSANGEL

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else saw the new 'Shake Weight' dumbell thing in This Morning yesterday?

It claims to be extremely effective, and doesn't look to hard or strenuous to use, making it right up my street!
I really need to do something about my bingo-wings!

Clair x

No, whats this all about??

Tanya,

It looks like a regular dumbell, but it moves up and down. You hold it 6 inches from your face & move your arm up and down in small movements. They say it is as effective as lifting a regular dumbell 100 times or more. The fitness trainer guy from the biggest loser was demonstrating it, and he was very positive about it, and it is just £30

(I would post a picture of it, but not sure how to)

Clair x

Yes I seen it, it does look good.

Here is the pic.

shake_weight_210x.jpg

Charlys angel

I have seen them use the dumbbell on the biggest loser.
i joined a gym for 6 months and the instructor did out a programme for me which only take 40 - 45 mins I am not a gym lover
I do 25 - 30 mins cardio exercise i.e. 15 mins treadmill, 10 mins elciptical trainer and 5 mins rowing machine
then i do weight for 10 - 15 mins on alternate days
Other day i use vibroplate.
After 5 weeks i lost 1 1/2 ins off each arm
2 inches from my waist and 2 inches from my thighs , was very pleased

I have seen them use the dumbbell on the biggest loser.
i joined a gym for 6 months and the instructor did out a programme for me which only take 40 - 45 mins I am not a gym lover
I do 25 - 30 mins cardio exercise i.e. 15 mins treadmill, 10 mins elciptical trainer and 5 mins rowing machine
then i do weight for 10 - 15 mins on alternate days
Other day i use vibroplate.
After 5 weeks i lost 1 1/2 ins off each arm
2 inches from my waist and 2 inches from my thighs , was very pleased

Carlos,

Wow, thats brilliant! I would like to go to a gym, but feel too intimidated right now. Maybe when I lose more weight I may go, but for now I need to do something at home

Keep up the good work!

Clair x

I looked this up last night :)
Where did you order yours from charley?
I can only find the american site ...

I think it's worth taking these sorts of claims with a pinch of salt... I would use the money to buy normal weights, or just do exercises that use your own body weight like push ups

I looked this up last night :)
Where did you order yours from charley?
I can only find the american site ...

Tanya,

I bought it on Ebay, the seller has specified that delivery can take 1-4 weeks as they are being supplied from the US. You also recieve a free toning work out DVD

Clair x

I think it's worth taking these sorts of claims with a pinch of salt... I would use the money to buy normal weights, or just do exercises that use your own body weight like push ups

Usually I would take claims like this with a pinch of salt, but as the fitness trainer from the biggest loser recommended it, I thought it must be good.
It was only £30, so not much money

Clair x

Charlys angel

oNE LADY SAID SHE GOT HER VIBROPLATE FROM NEXT FOR £99
THEY ARE FANTASTIC FOR GOOD RESULTS WITH LITTLE EFFORT

oNE LADY SAID SHE GOT HER VIBROPLATE FROM NEXT FOR £99
THEY ARE FANTASTIC FOR GOOD RESULTS WITH LITTLE EFFORT

Thanks, I have already sent her (tafflass) a message to ask about hers, and she highly reccommends it.
I am off to buy one at the weekend. The reason I was interested in the shake weight, is that it is easily accessable. If I have a spare 10mins or so, I can just pick it up and I'm away........

Clair x

Back