shaker tip

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Karen, 10 December 2006 Social URL.

1. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Hi all,

just wanted to share something that my cdc introduced me to. When i bought my first batch of sachets, she offered me a sports bottle that is brilliant for the shakes.

it has a removeable siv in it that gets rid of all the lumps and she says it works much better than anything else she has used.

I think my one is great. I have used it for shakes and soups and it doesnt spill out everywhere and does get rid of all the lumps. it has a ml measurer on the side as well.

I pop it in my bag (albeit a big sholder bag lol) and take my shakes out with me as I always knwo Im going to get held up somewhere so i can make up a shake anywhere. itsa only £2.99 on this site but i dunno what the delivery charge is.

MET-Rx Shaker bottle - Accessories

hope someone finds this of use. :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    that is so cool, wish id found it back in july!!

4. Dom1979

Dom1979 Gold Member

Thanks for sharing this! It's very similar to what LL give to you when you start out!

5. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Funnily enough, I just bought a new one of those but they cost £3.49 in Holland and Barratt. Got one for home and one for work now :cool:

6. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    they are over £5 in argos (so i hear) and probably cost more than £3.50 from that site with postage so holland and barrett sounds like the best option!

I will pop in there and get a spare when Im next in town.

thanks DQ!

7. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

No worries - they have a red lid and are generally by the protein powders, etc ;)

8. jo125

jo125 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.25%)
  9. Angiexx

Angiexx Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    i have one of those, used it for my protien shake at the gym, never thought about using it for CD, but now i will especially for work, I have one of those bullet things at home which make them nice and thick,

10. lipotrimmer

lipotrimmer Full Member

I use the same. I also see to it that I add some warm water and then put the sachets in. If I empty the sachet first and then add water its takes time and some gets stuck at the bottom.

11. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  12. Geri

Geri Gold Member

I wouldnt reccommend you use them with boiling water as the lid would probably pop off!

Mind you spose you could always make up the soup with some cold water - get the lumps out that way and then add the boiling water??

Just a thought - I only ever have the 'sweet shakes' so cant really say - but lighterlife reccommend you only use their shakers for mixing cold shakes...

HTH

13. jo125

jo125 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.25%)

i do both soups and shakes in it

the trick is add enough water (hot or cold) just over the whisk then wizz it and add the soup/shake while its wizzing around once all the powder is added top up with some more water while its still wizzin.
    then enjoy!!

when i am at home i use a hand help blender so i can have ice in my shake.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.