shaker tip

Karen

Serial Foodie!
Hi all,

just wanted to share something that my cdc introduced me to. When i bought my first batch of sachets, she offered me a sports bottle that is brilliant for the shakes.

it has a removeable siv in it that gets rid of all the lumps and she says it works much better than anything else she has used.

I think my one is great. I have used it for shakes and soups and it doesnt spill out everywhere and does get rid of all the lumps. it has a ml measurer on the side as well.

I pop it in my bag (albeit a big sholder bag lol) and take my shakes out with me as I always knwo Im going to get held up somewhere so i can make up a shake anywhere. itsa only £2.99 on this site but i dunno what the delivery charge is.

MET-Rx Shaker bottle - Accessories

hope someone finds this of use. :)

that is so cool, wish id found it back in july!!

Thanks for sharing this! It's very similar to what LL give to you when you start out!

Funnily enough, I just bought a new one of those but they cost £3.49 in Holland and Barratt. Got one for home and one for work now :cool:

they are over £5 in argos (so i hear) and probably cost more than £3.50 from that site with postage so holland and barrett sounds like the best option!

I will pop in there and get a spare when Im next in town.

thanks DQ!

i have one of those, used it for my protien shake at the gym, never thought about using it for CD, but now i will especially for work, I have one of those bullet things at home which make them nice and thick,

I wouldnt reccommend you use them with boiling water as the lid would probably pop off!

Mind you spose you could always make up the soup with some cold water - get the lumps out that way and then add the boiling water??

Just a thought - I only ever have the 'sweet shakes' so cant really say - but lighterlife reccommend you only use their shakers for mixing cold shakes...

HTH

Can you do both soups and shakes in that one ?? does it mix them up well enough. I have always used my blender but that looks so much easier to clean.

Deb x

i do both soups and shakes in it

the trick is add enough water (hot or cold) just over the whisk then wizz it and add the soup/shake while its wizzing around once all the powder is added top up with some more water while its still wizzin.
then enjoy!!

when i am at home i use a hand help blender so i can have ice in my shake.

Back