Shakes and blenders!!!

RenewMe

Cautiously tried a Butterscotch shake ala smoothie style and it was so Yum! After grappling with the hand held whisk and icecrusher, :mad: I got the consistancy of a Crushem/McDonalds Milkshake! I know loads of you guys have tried it like this, but this is the first time I have using CD this way. I did try this method a few times on when I was on LL but the shakes were not half as tasty as CD ones and I burned the motor out on TWO handheld whisks!!:eek:
The variety and shakes on CD is SO much better than LL and as sad as it sounds I am really looking forward to tomorrow so I can try another 'experiment' and have a choc mint blended or cappuccino:) BUT...........
Can anyone recommend a good smoothie maker icecrusher though please?
The best one I have seen is £60! :rolleyes: I know I know far too expensive, but someone has suggested that the higher the watt (800W on this one), the better the result and of course anything that helps me stick to the plan is worth it.... The think is I don't want to get a £30.00 machine that does not do the job or burns out and then is confined to the cupboard under the sink.
Wish I could afford a proper slushie machine! I had a cappuccino slushie abroad last year and it was LUSH and it reminded me of the LL concoction I made but of course the ice was blended properly!!! x
:D

I wouldnt say £60 was a bad price for something you will be using 2-3 times a day for the foreseeable future. When i did the diet in 2007 i bought a very nice 800watt blender, it lasted 2 months before it burnt out, took it back as it was in warranty got it exchanged and that lasted another 2 months so i think really if its going to be used sooo often it will burn out at some point.

I'd go with one that had a good warranty with it so you could return when it burnt out haha

Great idea! Can't believe I never thought about the warranty!! I would probably only use it once a day really, coz at the moment, I am really into the apple and cinnamon porridge and have it for breakfast, lunch and supper! I either have a hot mint choc or from NOW on I will be having a thick milkshake!!
I am on SS+at the mo, but must confess to not taking the milk/dairy product...:eek:

I have got making the porridge made down to a fine art now. I just think they are better value for money in terms of filling you up:D xxx

Ewwwwww the Porridge for me is just vile, i only tried one and it was everything i thought it was be, yucky bone sticking stuff lol but ive nevefr really been a porridge fan. But is a good job they cater for so many different tastes lol!!!

TBH I was/am NO real porridge fan either and take longer to prepare the damn thing and eat it up within 5 mins! It fills the gap trust me! I just think that if I just take shakes (not a soup fan), I will end up eating my arm!
Only halfway through week 2 and cannot wait for the bars.... xxx

you could try looking for those little blenders that turn into a cup? They're dead handy for shakes!
When I used to blend my shakes I liked to mix and match my sachets, I'd have say half chocolate and half banana just to get a different and more exciting flavour.

when i say 'turn into a cup' I mean the blending compartment is a cup you can take on the go with you rather than a big jug, not some sort of Harry Potter magic blender that turns into a cup!

silencemylips said:
when i say 'turn into a cup' I mean the blending compartment is a cup you can take on the go with you rather than a big jug, not some sort of Harry Potter magic blender that turns into a cup!

oh damn... was gonna take a trip to Diagon Alley for one :)
Sounds like I need to get one of these for work

Thanx! Will start 'Googling' and looking on the Argos website now! Do you know if there are any Harry Potter wands that I can buy that can turn me slim for life LOL!!!
ANYTHING that helps make this journey easier is worth it! Will be going on holiday in July so aiming to actually get under goal weight for then, but, will no doubt have to returned to CD when I get back!!!! x

I usually mis it in a bit of cold add hot and use my hand blender then top up with hot water and stir xxxxx

Back