Shakes and extra water..... advice needed!!!

Gembritney

Silver Member
with shakes i know that the instructions say use 200ml of water and add the food pack but are we allowed to use more water if we like.. to thin it out??? im not sure so just been sticking to 200ml every time......:tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_d rop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop:

The 200ml is just a recommendation. When I make my hot vanilla coffee I use about 700mls, it does 2 mugs worth. And then with soups I use about 400mls. You can have amuch water as you like my dear. Plus it will help fill you up more as your packs will last longer.

thanks so much!! so i can have doubles worth of water and it wont effect weightloss??!!

Water, water. water.. on a vlcd more water is always better. I use about 450ml plus ice blocks in my shakes and also at least 400 ml water in my soups :)

J
xx

thanks jezebella..... a nice double choc shake for me tonight!!!!!!

They do say pour X amount of water or to taste :) you can't go wrong with water, no calories :p

Yup... as others have said, add as much water as you like!

Personally, I find drinking the recommended daily quota of water quite a struggle, as just don't like water... and did not get on with the water flavourings... so to make up some of the quota, I mix my shakes and soups using about 600mls per pack... sometimes more!

Dash of tobasco in the soups makes them still very tasty, even with that much water... and like Jezebella, I use water and crushed ice in my shakes, (plus a bunch of crushed sweeteners), and they are still sweet and relatively flavourful... :D

xx

i love the choc shakes as hot chocolate!!!!!

Oh yeah, they are lovely hot... agree totally! :)

xx

As everyone has said Gem, you can add as much water as you like.:tear_drop:
I have the porridge as a drink every morning.
If you find it difficult drinking all the water then adding more liquid to the packs will certainly help.
I too enjoy the chocolate hot. I've just had my last one for tonight with a few sweeteners. Yum.

thanks for all ur suggestions gals!

Some great ideas there - just started today so all very helpful for me too. Thanks, D x

Some great ideas there - just started today so all very helpful for me too. Thanks, D x

How r u finding it so far?

Hi G, thanks for asking - not bad so far but my first weigh-in is tonight so fingers crossed everyone please! The worst for me has been my stomach's reaction to the packs- pretty antisocial to say the least and it hasn't settled down yet after 7 days! :eek:
Been considering trying the fibre mix but was hoping it would settle down by itself. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Hey dale... Good luck for your WI tonight! :)

Re the side effects of the packs... it does settle, honest! My gastrointestinal tract is pretty sensitive, so every so often, it starts arguing with the packs again... ;) but then it settles for a while... so it's cool! Hang in there... :D

I find the water flavourings do me no favours at all, so no longer use them... turned out they were the main culprit due to the fibre in them from the fruit... makes me very gurgley and uncomfortable...

Are you using them?

xx

Pinkie you genius - I had a couple of large glasses of St Clements yesterday (soooo tired of plain water) and was defo worse in the afternoon and last night. "Gurgly" is exactly right, also very runny tum - not nice. That's given me hope, I'll try a day without water flavouring and see what happens. Thanks hon, :hug99:

Pinkie you genius - I had a couple of large glasses of St Clements yesterday (soooo tired of plain water) and was defo worse in the afternoon and last night. "Gurgly" is exactly right, also very runny tum - not nice. That's given me hope, I'll try a day without water flavouring and see what happens. Thanks hon, :hug99:
Ahh, no probs hunny! I hate the plain water too, but I've got no choice now... and it's such a marked improvement without the water flavourings, I'd never consider going back now... took a few days for me to really notice the difference after cutting them out though...

Fibre from fruit is the worst for, um, runnyness! (For gods sake, so gross!! Sorry!)... LOL! The bars make me a little gurgly too, but can handle that... ;)

Good luck, and hope we're figured it out! :D

xx

I love the chocolate hot with a spoon of coffee in it mmm.

Re tummy it will settle down stick with it hun x Good luck at weigh in

Pinkie, I am already feeling much more settled so from now on consider you to be the official LL forensic dietician - put it on your CV!
Thanks Jane, so pleased with my first week's result :D

Pinkie, I am already feeling much more settled so from now on consider you to be the official LL forensic dietician - put it on your CV!
Woohooo!!! I'm so thrilled it's helped!
smiley-happy105.gif

That's great dale! I'm off to put it on my CV right now!! :D

Lol... ;) xx

Back