Shakes Only For Quickest Loss

Discussion in 'Exante' started by borntofly, 4 March 2010 Social URL.

1. borntofly

borntofly In it to win it.

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.87%)
    Diet:
    Exante (switched frm CD 10/09/09)
    Hey. Can anyone give me info on this? Is weight loss quicker with shakes alone, or would adding in a bar not affect my weight loss?

Got offered a new job as cabin crew in a month and want to loose as much as I can before I start!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Yambabe

Yambabe Bad Girl

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.54%)
    Diet:
    Refeeding (Exante)
    No idea, I wouldn't have thought so because all the products have similar calorie and nutrient content.

And to be brutally honest looking at your stats you are not really suitable for a VLCD anyway. You are already at a healthy BMI so your weight losses would be comparatively small and you would be risking your health more than someone obese (which is who VLCD are recommended for).

You'd be better off eating healthily and getting a short-term gym membership then using it every couple of days in my opinion.

4. Magggie

Magggie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(30.39%)
    there is an ingredients list somewhere on the 'net
    have just checked & all the ingredients have roughly the same amount of Protein & Carbs
    the only difference is the bars allegedly can take you out of ketosis-but thats only if you have more than one a day-may be an urban myth
    either way you would lose a lot of weight quickly, especially Men
    But like Yam says-its supposed to be for people starting from a BMI of 30 & above
    it also is a maga lifestyle change & you will feel rough for the first 2 weeks
    you may also suffer from a bit of memory loss, (not with all users) it depends how you want to feel ?

5. Yambabe

Yambabe Bad Girl

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.54%)
    Diet:
    Refeeding (Exante)
    Nah Maggie, this chap has been doing VLCD for a while, I don't think that will be an issue.

6. Magggie

Magggie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(30.39%)
    Oh well Borntofly
    I thnk the weight loss would be the same shakes alone
    or shakes/soups/bars

i personally would do all 3, I do & unless you have been having a break from CD, you get 3/4lbs loss per week

let us know if you do decide to do shakes alone, and how you've got on!

7. Magggie

Magggie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(30.39%)
    done a VLCD before

does that make him a
    VVLCD

Veteran Very Low Calorie Dieter

:D

8. justgina

justgina taking it 1 day at a time

Start Weight:
    12st5.6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.8lb(7.95%)
    Diet:
    IF/5:2/juddd......
    Soups and shakes are about the same calories and carbs with bars a little higher. You should be able to lose your stone in a month to 6 weeks. Good luck.

9. borntofly

borntofly In it to win it.

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.87%)
    Diet:
    Exante (switched frm CD 10/09/09)
    Hey - sorry my stats are out of date, I'm more like a BMI of 27.5/28, which is a lot higher than goal. I put on quite a bit weight over xmas and never really lost it. Now I have an incentive. Last time I did shakes, bars and the vile soups. I'll try shakes only this time I think and I'll keep you updated :)

10. peony

peony Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(17.24%)
    Diet:
    Lost 10 stones on LL/Exante a couple of years ago, have regained several stone so giving WW a go.
    I was having a soup/shake/bar per day and after a while my losses really slowed. I studied the carbs and decided that over 61g of carbs a day was too high for me, it was a good 10g more a day than the max I used to have on LL. Since reducing my carbs to max 50g per day my losses have speeded up again (3lb,4lb,4lb the last 3 weeks) I am sure I am quite sensitive to carbs in that respect - it may well be that other people can have many more and not notice a problem, but for me having a bar everyday just took me that little bit too far.

Do what is best for you - maybe have a bar every couple of days - just experiment to see what suits you best.

Good luck getting to goal, you know the score - behave yourself & stick to the rules and you will be there before you know it.

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.