Shakes VS Meals?

DollyBoo

Hi Everyone,

I am currently starting (Have started but not very well) Shake That Weight. I have read it is basically the same shakes as Slim and Save. So I have had a wander over to the slim and save website and I am now tempted to switch. STW is slightly cheaper but SAS off meals and bars (as you all know) my question is do you all find it easier with the bars and meals? I'm not sure if they would make me want food more or if it would help to have something to chew. Any advice would be great. If anyone has done both just shakes and meals which did you find easier?

Thanks in advance x

I didn't I stick to just the shakes which I love once I start to introduce bars and meals for me it all goes wrong. I have three shakes in the day and a low carb evening meal. I just keep it really simple. But that meal on the evening is what makes this diet easy and you will still lose the same amount of weight. Good luck

Thanks for replying. I think I might be the same as you, might buy some bars and try 2 shakes, a bar and a meal xx

I'm the opposite from Dolly, I need to have the bars and meals. Last time I did this I only had shakes and gave up after day 3. Now I have 4 a day rather than a low carb meal so I have one of the meals as my dinner. There's a few I dont like so I stick to spicy spaghetti, chilli con carne and spag bol. I have one bar a day with a cup of tea at lunch and that sees me through til dinner time x

This is my 2nd time doing VLCD, the first time I couldn't live without the meals and bars and lost 2 stone eating mainly sweet porridge and truffa bars, this time I cant stomach many of the packs and I've just been having shakes, it's strange how our tastes change :)

And remember your tastes will change while your on the diet so don't order too many of the same mealpack just incase, I made that mistake the last time and ordered loads of shakes then had to sell them on to buy packs, this time I done the opposite and bought loads of mealpacks and couldn't stomach them but luckily my dad is doing a similar diet so I just gave him all my meal packs and bars and replaced them with shakes x

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I have ordered shakes and bars and a couple of meals to try. I think i will have shake in morning, afternoon, my low carb meal and then a bar at night with a cuppa. If i like the meals i have ordered i might swap some shakes for more meals etc. xx

I like using the soups/meals to bulk out or add to a low carb meal. For example, the mushroom pasta you can add mushrooms or chicken or a bit of both. The chocolate shakes are nice and do not feel like a diet shake at all.

I found I got more consistent losses on a shake only diet. When I Switched over I had issues which have thankfully settled now, but I do like the option of sitting having something warm to eat.

Back