Shakes

Hello. i am new to the cambridge diet and I am finding the shakes vile. So far i have had a vanilla & banana (ok ish) that you make yourself and a strawberry and chocolate ready made shake. I tried putting ice in the vanila one and then blended it but it was still awful. Any advice? Do you get use to them. I am not normal fussy about food but these really are terrible.

Which step are you on? I make mine with milk in a shacker and love them. I also use mix a mousse to make dessert with them which is very nice!

How much water are you putting in? I cant stand mine without 12oz of freezing cold water (water put in freezer for an hour beforehand) and then blended for 90secs. The tetras i can only enjoy the choc one with hot water in. The mix a mousse is supposed to be lovely but so far all my attempts have been disasters lol xx

How much water are you putting in? I cant stand mine without 12oz of freezing cold water (water put in freezer for an hour beforehand) and then blended for 90secs. The tetras i can only enjoy the choc one with hot water in. The mix a mousse is supposed to be lovely but so far all my attempts have been disasters lol xx
There really is a knack to the mix a mousse.
I always put my water in the fridge first so it is very,very cold and I also make sure the powder of the shake and the mousse are completely mixed together first and as soon as the waters added, whisk like my life depends on it...
Never had any problems so far x

vanilla.. i split to make 2/3 milky coffees... the choc mint is the best of the 3 choccy ones and i use hot water for these and give a quick blend... strawberry i love.. fruits of the forest/cookies n cream/coconut are also in my top favourites..

I find the soups vile and dont even get me started on porridge.. bleurgh...

mix a mousse i tried but didnt like was too much like angel delight for me and that i couldnt stand!

I didn't Like the taste at first but now quite enjoy the tetras, I still can't stand the soups but I suppose in time I would get used ti them x the apple and cinnamon porridge is quite nice as well x

Like Gill, I add ice and way more water than you have too as it waters down the strong taste and lasts longer - also gets more of the water we have to drink!

Hope you get to like them a little more.

Heidi :)

Back