Share your weekly shopping

I do my shopping monthly for OH and I (I'll post here again when it comes round to the time!) but we have to top up on fresh things now and again. This is from Aldi yesterday:

Plums
Strawberries
Garlic
Eggs
Milk
Beans (tried the Aldi brand, they're delicious and very cheap - score!)
Jacket potatoes
Yoghurt

Came to not much more than £8, very pleased :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Our Tesco order arrived last night. In addition to the stuff delivered below, we already have a ton of fruit in along with loads of veg from my parents' veg garden to wade through. We also have a ton of chicken fillets and bacon in the freezer to use up and a stash of Muller Lights in the fridge!

Oh, and I will also be picking up a couple of bottles of wine onteh way home for the weekend - daren't get them on the delivery otherwise they would have 'evaporated' last night!

1 Light Choices Vegetarian Fat Free Natural Bio Yogurt 500G
1 Tesco Lasagne 500G
10 Tesco Value Sparkling Water 2Ltr
2 Tesco Healthy Living Steak Mince 500G
3 Quorn Chicken Style Pieces 300G
4 Tesco Value Chopped Tomatoes 400G
1 Tesco Courgette 3 Pack
2 Diet Coke 2 Litre Bottle
2 Tesco Easy Cook Boil In Bag Rice 500G
1 Fennel Catchweight
1 Tesco 2 Boneless Salmon Fillets 240G
1 Schwartz Jamaican Jerk Seasoning 51G Jar
1 Schwartz Thai 7 Spice Seasoning 52G Jar
4 Tesco Value Baked Beans In Tomato Sauce 420G
2 Tesco Healthy Living Pork Mince 500G
2 Diet Coke Cherry 2 Litre Bottle
2 Tesco Value Plum Tomatoes 400G
1 Schwartz Chinese 5 Spice Seasoning 58G
1 Tesco Garlic 4 Pack
1 Light Choices Vegetarian Fat Free Natural Bio Yogurt 500G
2 Tesco No Added Sugar Lime Ds Squash 750Ml
1 Tesco Salad Onions Bunch
1 Tesco Pork Loin Steaks 660G
1 British Punnet Plums 400G
2 Tesco Strawberry

I have done a BIG shop at Tesco today! and I took pics...blimey its a hassle taking the pics so don't think will be doing it very often! Especially as was trying not to let any of the family see me doing it he he he ;)

Attachments

• SN853527.jpg
    SN853527.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 259
  • SN853528.jpg
    SN853528.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 263
  • SN853529.jpg
    SN853529.jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 243
  • SN853530.jpg
    SN853530.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 230
  • SN853537.jpg
    SN853537.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 250
Oooh Emsie gorgeous pics! I love that you included pics of toiletries, I love looking at people's beauty products!
I also got my Waitrose and Abel & Cole goodies today so will post pics in a tick!

Veggie box arrived!! And I got a free Abel & Cole cookbook!!!! The price on the back is £12.99 so it was a very generous gift :D and boy how much do I love it?! It's clever, witty, cheeky, full of brilliant tips on how to use up veggies and just beautifully written. The book is divided into seasonal sections (summer, winter, spring etc) with delicious starter, main course and dessert recipes for fruit and veg in each season and at the end of each season/chapter they have a recipe for leftover veggies you may have lying around and clever ideas of other ways to make the best use of them. Some of the recipes are called random salads, spring scraps soup etc lol. In one of the chapters they suggested getting a goat to hang out with you in the kitchen because they eat anything LOL!!! Loved that!

This week I got carrots, potatoes, onions, savoy cabbage, fennel, spaghetti squash :eek: , beetroot, sweet potatoes, runner beans, baby spinach, watercress and a cucumber! Woo Hoo!!

IMG_3413.jpg

My Waitrose groceries also arrived this morning. Much of the same thing with a few new things lol

Fruit: Mangoes, bananas, honey dew melon, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, black grapes, apples,
IMG_3434.jpg

Veggies: Sweet crunchy salads, baby spinach, asparagus, fine beans, swede, celeriac, frozen spinach
IMG_3438.jpg

A whole bunch of butternut squash! These are sweet coquina squashes and they taste sublime but hard to find. Whenever I find some I always buy a bunch! Also got a couple of normal butternut squashes :D
IMG_3445.jpg

Dairy & eggs
IMG_3440.jpg

Store cupboard stuff: flageolet beans, pinto beans, sunflower seeds, walnuts, cardamon pods, olive oil spray (1 syn per 4 sprays), sugar free ginger beer, vermicelli noodles, cinnamon sticks, risotto rice
IMG_3443.jpg

Pork medallions
IMG_3444.jpg

Last edited:
Oooh Emsie gorgeous pics! I love that you included pics of toiletries, I love looking at people's beauty products!
I also got my Waitrose and Abel & Cole goodies today so will post pics in a tick!

Lol well I wanted the full impact of my shop ha ha! This was stuff on offer really which is what I tend to do with my shampoo's and basic toiletries stuff cos its all so blooming expensive!

Veggie box arrived!! And I got a free Abel & Cole cookbook!!!! The price on the back is £12.99 so it was a very generous gift :D and boy how much do I love it?! It's clever, witty, cheeky, full of brilliant tips on how to use up veggies and just beautifully written. The book is divided into seasonal sections (summer, winter, spring etc) with delicious starter, main course and dessert recipes for fruit and veg in each season and at the end of each season/chapter they have a recipe for leftover veggies you may have lying around and clever ideas of other ways to make the best use of them. Some of the recipes are called random salads, spring scraps soup etc lol. In one of the chapters they suggested getting a goat to hang out with you in the kitchen because they eat anything LOL!!! Loved that!

This week I got carrots, potatoes, onions, savoy cabbage, fennel, spaghetti squash :eek: , beetroot, sweet potatoes, runner beans, baby spinach, watercress and a cucumber! Woo Hoo!!

IMG_3413.jpg

My Waitrose groceries also arrived this morning. Much of the same thing with a few new things lol

Fruit: Mangoes, bananas, honey dew melon, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, black grapes, apples,
IMG_3434.jpg

Veggies: Sweet crunchy salads, baby spinach, asparagus, fine beans, swede, celeriac, frozen spinach
IMG_3438.jpg

A whole bunch of butternut squash! These are sweet coquina squashes and they taste sublime but hard to find. Whenever I find some I always buy a bunch! Also got a couple of normal butternut squashes :D
IMG_3445.jpg

Dairy & eggs
IMG_3440.jpg

Store cupboard stuff: flageolet beans, pinto beans, sunflower seeds, walnuts, cardamon pods, olive oil spray (1 syn per 4 sprays), sugar free ginger beer, vermicelli noodles, cinnamon sticks, risotto rice
IMG_3443.jpg

Pork medallions
IMG_3444.jpg

How lovley that they sent you a cokobook and it does sound fun. I think the sweet potatoes look especially nice in that pic (you will prob say they aren't s.pots now!)
They had those butternut squash in Tesco but I wasn't sure what the differnce was apart from the price so didn't get one! In fact I didn't get any for some reason :rolleyes:

Honeyoc,

I am cooking my Spaghetti Squash today, good tip, you can actually use it for a substitute to SPAGHETTI for a RED day ;).

I will post my recipe some time tonight on my blog, if I get a chance.

I love LOVE your Abel and Cole boxes such lovely goodies and what a bonus that you got a free cookbook.

I am off out to do my weekly grocery top up soon, after we have been to do some selections for our new house.

We are moving in by Christmas, I cant wait to get in my new kitchen.

Really you can?? So I can have it with a bolognaise sauce?! Well now!! Really looking forward to eating it!

I *really* love my veggie boxes too, I'm so glad I went for it. All these veggies have really inspired me, I'm a lot more adventurous and creative in the kitchen these days. How lovely that you're getting a sexy new kitchen! You must post pics when you move! Good luck, I know moving house is not easy!

Really you can?? So I can have it with a bolognaise sauce?! Well now!! Really looking forward to eating it!

I *really* love my veggie boxes too, I'm so glad I went for it. All these veggies have really inspired me, I'm a lot more adventurous and creative in the kitchen these days. How lovely that you're getting a sexy new kitchen! You must post pics when you move! Good luck, I know moving house is not easy!

Yep I had mine with bolognese last night, it was delicious and I didnt miss pasta at all, infact it felt like I still had some, so definately going to be buying more, I think you will love it. We get a huge selection of different squash types here is brilliant. I have a buttercup one to try this week.

Is a shame they dont do anything like those veggie boxes here, I expect it is because with Canada being so vast it would cost a fortune for deliveries and is therefore not practical. We do get little fresh produce markets though and they always have all the fresh in season stuff, I love it. Also during the summer, because Ontario is mainly a flat landed province, we have lots of farmers fruit and veg stalls scattered around, oh and of course fresh rustic corn on the cob. Peaches and Cream variety seems to be the most common, although it tastes nothing like peaches and cream haha. Driving past cornfields here always scares me though, I think I have watched too many Children of the Corn movies lol.

Bloody hell Honeyoc, you must spend a fortune!!! :O

Weekly Abel & Cole veg box! I was really excited about this one because I added a few very interesting things to my regular order like PURPLE carrots! I'm also really excited to try the cavolo nero!

Cavolo nero, portobello mushrooms, white onions, yellow cherry tomatoes, spinach, chinese cabbage, broccoli, red pepper, purple carrots, sweet potatoes, savoy cabbage, runner beans, corn cobs, potatoes, carrots
6150491237_82be5190ce.jpg

I also got a couple of venison shanks!!! I'm always a little anxious about cooking lamb shanks as even though I try to trim as much fat off as possible, it's still a little fatty so was really excited to see venison shanks available. Venison is a very lean meat so this will be cooked looooong and sloooow :D They also do 5% minced beef so I'll be getting that from them as well.

The cookies in the corner are my baby's, 3 syns for a pack of 2 for anyone interested lol! They're really low in syns because they don't contain any sugar or butter just good organic wholesome ingredients.
6150492149_e81243efde.jpg

Waitrose goodies!

FRUIT
6152915870_c02696a075.jpg

VEGGIES
6153470819_cf3010c8bc.jpg

6152916470_70339b5e53.jpg

FROZEN VEG. Really enjoying some frozen veg! I never paid attention to them before but so far frozen soya beans, broad beans, green beans, spinach and broccoli are great! No taste difference at all to fresh and great for emergencies!
6154022808_1d0b508393.jpg

DAIRY
6152916776_3c17c14a56.jpg

LUNCHEON MEATS! I'm making a fish pie with the smoked haddock this weekend, a Jamie Oliver recipe!
6152917336_66bb21e924.jpg

STORE CUPBOARD. Got the ready brek to make Britmum's delicious looking American pancakes http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/american-style-breakfast I could have sworn I ordered the smaller box though... :eek:
In the corner are some pouches of organic baby food, wild dried mushrooms, jumbo rolled oats, ready brek, Robinsons lemon cordial, puy lentils, pearl barley, dried cranberries, oriental rice, cumin, nutmeg, more puy lentils lol, tomato puree, couscous, hidden behind the puy are alpen cereal bars x 5 pks, sunflower seeds, raisins, splenda, artichoke hearts!
6153452321_cdf815778b.jpg

BREAD
6154010324_86b70a562c.jpg

I've decided I'm making sushi sometime next week. Just waiting for the mat to roll em up! Excited :D
6154005090_58f8f4068d.jpg

Last edited:
I make chips!!! Ermintrude introduced me to celeriac chips and they're delicious and superfree! Also great pureed with potatoes and laughing cow blue cheese. Yum! I use swedes for chips as well, they're great if you're on a red day or just trying to keep starchy carbs low.

Well based on your shop I picked up some Ready Brek for Britmums pancakes and a celeriac.

Lexie_dog said:
Well based on your shop I picked up some Ready Brek for Britmums pancakes and a celeriac.

LOL! I just had the pancakes for breakfast and they were really nice! Different from the real thing but yummy all the same.

I shall resurrect this thread as I love to nose at peoples shopping :giggle: Unfortunately I didn't take pics today as I had to put the baby to bed but today (from Sainsburys) I purchased:

Fruit and Veg
apples
pears
clemintines
cherries
bananas
cucumber
plum tomatoes
sugar snap peas
mushrooms
2 bags salad leaves
courgette
white onions
lemon
peaches

Dairy
2% greek yog
muller lights
ss milk
sainsbury reduced fat cheddar slices
30 eggs (family of 5)

Meat/Fish
cooked ham slices
cooked chicken
BGTY bacon
lean mince (couldnt find EL so will have to do a bit of skimming and rinsing)
Cod fillets
BGTY sausages

Cupboard
small wholemeal rolls
chopped tomatoes
spaghetti
little iced biscuits (1 syn each woohoo!!)

Back