Sharing my ideas.

Chunky_Monkey

Hello Everyone.

As we are all in the same boat and have 1 thing on our minds constantly I thought it would be a nice idea for me also to add my ideas on how I am going to lose weight. These ideas may have been heard several times before but either way, every little helps and some things may be new to you. :)

Today I have started my journey towards a better lifestyle. (I say lifestyle because I feel 'diet' sounds too temporary)

About 8 years ago, my cousin and I were playing with her dads weighing scales, I was 13 and she was 11. At this time I was a cheerleader and one of the most active children you could possibly meet. She stepped on the scales and it read 6 stone. Then I stepped on the scales and it read 8 stone.
I was shocked at it and this was the beginning to my confidence drop. Ever since that day, I have just felt fatter and fatter by the second and therefore I have kind of given up all hope of being skinny. I have tried numerous diets, and some have been very successful but have never lasted (I would like to note this was partly because of my mums amazing cooking lol).

I looked in the mirror about 4 hours ago felt the lowest I have ever felt. I remembered only months ago when my belly only looked half of the size.

I said out loud to myself, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. So I have had a pen in my hand all day taking notes on what i need to change.

One of my ideas, was to come up with a silly nickname for the person I currently am and wish to leave behind. This being, 'Chunky Monkey'. I think if I have this nickname I will learn to hate it and be more eager to leave it behind.

Another one of my ideas, is to take before and after photos. I think this will be an easy way for me to monitor my progress and is something to keep me motivated.

I find the term 'diet' extremely frustrating for me because they rarely work and when they do, they are not permanent. So I have chosen the route of a lifestyle change as it is permanent and more fulfilling if successful.

If i think of anymore I will definately share :D

It sounds like to me that you're doing a really good job of getting your head in the right place for your lifestyle change. We all have to have a good look in the mirror from time to time and understand that too often we're just kidding ourselves about our intake etc. Good for you and good luck.

I think giving yourself a negative label is bad as it will just make you feel even worse about yourself.

Thats what I began to think when I first gave myself the nickname. but as it is just a quirky silly name, it makes me laugh and as I was doing my exercises earlier today, I actually had the name chunky monkey in my head and it was strange because it motivated me. If I am expressing what i think of myself then I am identifying what is wrong with me. Im not longer in denial. Im facing it, and throwing it away. Chunky monkey is going to be the name I leave behind, the faster the better :)

People are motivated in different ways, I feel that if I feel bad about how I look now then I am going to feel uber confident when I'm thinner!

I think giving yourself a negative label is bad as it will just make you feel even worse about yourself.

I agree I think if you call yourself a silly name make it one that conjures up an image of how you want to look not how you dont want to look ifykwim

Back