Shaza Diary ~ Happy new year all ~ I'm off to Ireland tomorrow wey hey

Thanks Barb, DQ and Emma,

Barb ~ re hydro ~ I am going to the meeting about it but you know what I think that they have done all they can for us and the writing is on the wall, where we go to hydro its really old and scruffy and awful so I think the new pool when complete in late 2008 will take all the derby people and the original pool will then close. If it isnt to close it certainly needs some cash spent on it. I have been googling hydro for anything else local but not found anything at the moment. My only other option is to join a gym and go in the jaccuzi but its so expensive and as I cannot ever use any of the gym equipment it seems a bit pricey, I can swim though if the water is not too cold. Might check that one out and you never know looking at the body beautifuls might encourage me to get cracking after xmas. Oh I could ask for membership as xmas pressi oh might check the local gyms out for one that is suitable for me.

DQ hows your back ~ are you ok hunny bun

Emma ~ cant believe your pic ~ you are one sexy lady now, well done you on a massive weight loss you are nearly there ~ I am dead proud of you !!!!

Lovely to get your support, had a wicked weekend involving lots of alcohol (whoops). Met all my friends on Sunday afternoon at 2 and didnt arrive home until 2 am. Bit hung over today and didnt get up til 11 then had to get my sorry ass into gear to get to the hairdressers in time. Feeling little bit tired and delicate but you know what I made a plan this year to change my life ~ so I lost a little weight and tried to be more approachable and get new friends and it was lovely on Sunday over 20 friends came and six of them are new ones from this year. I am a very lucky girl to have the warmth and love of friends and family around me ah its nice

So cause of that even if I am in pain or struggling I am going to push myself to get out there, for the last month I have been staying in not going out at night and you know what ~ enough of that I am in pain anyway so sod it. Saturday night I went to my friends house for a girlie chat with new friends ~ I didnt drink as I was having a really bad day and took loads and loads of medication so I darent even look at any alcohol. My three mates got really sozzeled and it really funny ~ they got slowly silly and giggly, then started dancing, then all three started crying for god knows what reason ~ very funny when you are really sober. Didnt get in till 3 am so I am really tired as its been a mammouth weekend

Diet wise still not put any weight on and I think I will start brand new after xmas but till then I am going to really try not to gain.

Oh need to start christmas shopping not done hardly anything yet

Whats everyone doing ???

Love love and thanks to you all for your continued support and friendship

x x x x

It makes perfect sense to me Shaza, you sound like a person who decided to improve her life and instead of waiting to enjoy it is getting on with it - even when pain gets in the way. Good for you, I find you inspirational.

Love

Hi ya everyone

Just a little post to say hi ya

Not doing that well health wise at the moment

(sound like a sodding stuck record sorry everyone!) this damp and wet, cold weather is just no good for my joints and I really really struggle. Stiff and sore pain pain pain moan moan moan

Right that bit over ~ enough already

Friday ~ bit of xmas shopping, got a lovely iggle piggle blue talking dolly thing for my 1 year old baby finlay (from the night garden what ever that is but he loves it) and a disney 2 sided easel for chalk and magnet for my 3 year old milli so thats the kids done. Then went to Ikea and because I am a bit spaced out at the moment (drugs !!!) carried on to junction 30 on the motorway and Ikea is at junction 26 ~ silly sod. Turned round and went in there, bit packed and i couldnt use the motorised scooter thing as far too busy and I didnt want to injure anyone so walked around so not very good but got what I wanted (nearly all anyway).

Today I was supposed to go to Donnington Market (big open air market in Derbyshire selling everything) but the weather was rubbish and I was rubbish so my mate came round for coffee and chat. Weather picked up so at 12 dinner time we trungled off to Matlock victorian christmas fayre ~ oh it was really lovely apart from the rain, wind and cold. Anyway we managed to find a lovely old fashioned tea room in an antique shop so had coffee and I rested

Just had a bath and took more medication so feeling a bit more human now, I should really be in bed as I am not well enough but I cant live like that ~ SHARON NEEDS A LIFE

i am rambling again

very sorry for all you who support me as all I do is moan and groan and feel sorry for myself

ps not dieting still but still the same so not too bad

Love Love

Shaza

Shaza's been ill

Hi ya all

Just a quickie, been really really ill and for the first time in years I have been confined to my bed with the pain of my arthritis. All my joints are in a flare up at the moment so bad bad news for me

I think I have overdone it over the last week and on Sunday went to Matlock with friend and got wet and cold and really in pain as I couldnt sit down when I needed a break. So been suffering ever since

Hate being trapped in the house because of my illness ~ I can cope with most things like the pain, stiffness and tiredness but I feel like I am turning to stone and I cannot even move until around midday.

For those of you who know me ~ know this is not the real me ~ the real me will fight it and go out but I phyically cannot at the moment and I am so so depressed about it.

I cant cope with being bed ridden and house bound whats the point of it all.

I know I am just having a bad few days but I need some help, my new medication hasnot kicked in yet ~ my strongest painkillers make me away with the fairies and I just sleep all the time so what kind of a life is that

Sorry for being such a mardy self indulgenent silly moo ~ will pick myself up and brush myself down when I am able. I just need a few pain free days to get back on track

Love Love to all

Shaza
(sick and tired of feeling sick and tired )

Sending you some mega :hug99: I know what it's like to be house bound and bed-ridden, and it truly does such. Take care honey.

Thanks DQ

I know that there are people just as bad and alot worse than me

Just feeling sorry for myself at the moment. I need to have a life or I just dont cope very well and cry all day ~ just like some kind of twit !!

Thanks for being there and understanding my dilemma

x x x x

Someone posted this on my facebook

Worth reading folks ~ very grounding when you are feeling sorry for yourself like I am today

Two Choices

What would you do?....you make the choice. Don't look for a punch line, there isn't one. Read it anyway. My question is: Would you have made the same choice?

At a fundraising dinner for a school that serves learning-disabled children, the father of one of the students delivered a speech that would never be forgotten by all who attended. After extolling the school and its dedicated staff, he offered a question: 'When not interfered with by outside influences, everything nature does is done with perfection. Yet my son, Shay, cannot learn things as other children do. He cannot understand things as other children do. Where is the natural order of things in my son?'

The audience was stilled by the query.

The father continued. 'I believe, that when a child like Shay, physically and mentally handicapped comes into the world, an opportunity to realize true human nature presents itself, and it comes in the way other people treat that child.'

Then he told the following story:

Shay and his father had walked past a park where some boys Shay knew were playing baseball. Shay asked, 'Do you think they'll let me play?' Shay's father knew that most of the boys would not want someone like Shay on their team, but the father also understood that if his son were allowed to play, it would give him a much-needed sense of belonging and some confidence to be accepted by others in spite of his handicaps.

Shay's father approached one of the boys on the field and asked (not expecting much) if Shay could play. The boy looked around for guidance and said, 'We're losing by six runs and the game is in the eighth inning. I guess he can be on our team and we'll try to put him in to bat in the ninth inning.'

Shay struggled over to the team's bench and, with a broad smile, put on a team shirt. His Father watched with a small tear in his eye and warmth in his heart. The boys saw the father's joy at his son being accepted. In the bottom of the eighth inning, Shay's team scored a few runs but was still behind by three. In the top of the ninth inning, Shay put on a glove and played in the right field. Even though no hits came his way, he was obviously ecstatic just to be in the game and on the field, grinning from ear to ear as his father waved to him from the stands. In the bottom of the ninth inning, Shay's team scored again. Now, with two outs and the bases loaded, the potential winning run was on base and Shay was scheduled to be next at bat.

At this juncture, do they let Shay bat and give away their chance to win the game? Surprisingly, Shay was given the bat. Everyone knew that a hit was all but impossible because Shay didn't even know how to hold the bat properly, much less connect with the ball.

However, as Shay stepped up to the plate, the pitcher, recognizing that the other team was putting winning aside for this moment in Shay's life, moved in a few steps to lob the ball in softly so Shay could at least make contact. The first pitch came and Shay swung clumsily and missed. The pitcher again took a few steps forward to toss the ball softly towards Shay. As the pitch came in, Shay swung at the ball and hit a slow ground ball right back to the pitcher.

The game would now be over. The pitcher picked up the soft grounder and could have easily thrown the ball to the first baseman. Shay would have been out and that would have been the end of the game.

Instead, the pitcher threw the ball right over the first baseman's head, out of reach of all team mates. Everyone from the stands and both teams started yelling, 'Shay, run to first! Run to first!' Never in his life had Shay ever run that far, but he made it to first base. He scampered down the baseline, wide-eyed and startled.

Everyone yelled, 'Run to second, run to second!' Catching his breath, Shay awkwardly ran towards second, gleaming and struggling to make it to the base. By the time Shay rounded towards second base, the right fielder had the ball ... the smallest guy on their team who now had his first chance to be the hero for his team. He could have thrown the ball to the second-baseman for the tag, but he understood the pitcher's intentions so he, too, intentionally threw the ball high and far over the third-baseman's head. Shay ran toward third base deliriously as the runners ahead of him circled the bases toward home.

All were screaming, 'Shay, Shay, Shay, all the way Shay'

Shay reached third base because the opposing shortstop ran to help him by turning him in the direction of third base, and shouted, 'Run to third! Shay, run to third!'

As Shay rounded third, the boys from both teams, and the spectators, were on their feet screaming, 'Shay, run home! Run home!' Shay ran to home, stepped on the plate, and was cheered as the hero who hit the grand slam and won the game for his team.

'That day', said the father softly with tears now rolling down his face, 'the boys from both teams helped bring a piece of true love and humanity into this world'.

Shay didn't make it to another summer. He died that winter, having never forgotten being the hero and making his father so happy, and coming home and seeing his Mother tearfully embrace her little hero of the day!

AND NOW A LITTLE FOOTNOTE TO THIS STORY: We all send thousands of jokes through the e-mail without a second thought, but when it comes to sending messages about life choices, people hesitate. The crude, vulgar, and often obscene pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion about decency is too often suppressed in our schools and workplaces.

If you're thinking about forwarding this message, chances are that you're probably sorting out the people in your address book who aren't the 'appropriate' ones to receive this type of message. Well, the person who sent you this believes that we all can make a difference. We all have thousands of opportunities every single day to help realize the 'natural order of things.' So many seemingly trivial interactions between two people present us with a choice: Do we pass along a little spark of love and humanity or do we pass up those opportunities and leave the world a little bit colder in the process?

A wise man once said every society is judged by how it treats it's least fortunate amongst them

You now have two choices:
1. Delete
2. Forward
May your day, be a Shay Day

Hello! x

Sorry about this week. I've been working really late. :(

xx

You and Summerskye are on something!!!! How come the both of you are so chirpy?!!

Hi ya CC

Chirpy cause Santa is on his way la la la

Very drunk right now, its quater to one in the morning and I have just got in from town. Been out since 2 o clock this afternoon

Oh bit spinny

Catch you all later

Shar shar

(full of gin and tonic and spinning around like Kylie ~ wish I could fit into her super duper gold minute hot pants !!!!!)

Happy new year to everyone on minimins

Hope you all were good minimins last year and you got just what you wanted from santa tee hee

Going to Ireland tomorrow (surprise gift from my lovely daughter ~ tears xmas morning yes you can imagine) cant wait

I have put loads of weight on I am restarting on Jan 10th when the lovely Anne westhills is back from her jollies

Still around 4 ~ 5 stone lighter than last new years day so being positive about that and not negative about what could have been.

Hope 2008 brings you all what your heart desires

Love Love to you and yours

Shaza

x x x x

Back