Shazzabir CC Journey to 9st!

Well the damage is a 3.75lb gain!! Oops!!
My target is to lose it in 2 weeks.
I have set myself a challenge to burn 3500 cals a week until I reach goal. So if I stick to this and maybe don't eat EVERY single exercise cal back that I burn, then goal should be achievable in a couple of weeks!! Yay :)
I have my RFL 5K race a week on Sunday, so want to do my best to run it as close to 30 mins as possible. At the moment I am hitting 32 mins, but this is on a treadmill. I am planning to run outside today, so no idea on timings, as it has been weeks since I ran outside!
It is my wedding anniversary today (6 yrs), but under no circumstance will I be going over cals today. If I have the cals to enjoy a glass of wine and a nice meal then I will, otherwise it will be chicken salad and a cup of tea. I have strayed way too much this week! :)

Just saw your status on MFP. You rock shaz!!! :D

Only been back 5 mins and already putting me to shame. You will loose that gain in 2 weeks, Im sure of it. Keep up the amazing hard work, and you will p**s it!! :D

Happy anniversary :candledinner:

Chug through the water I bet you can shift that gain quicker than 2 weeks!!!

Happy anniversary!!!

Did you get a go on a donkey on holiday? x

I look forward to being of a weight where I can go on a donkey ride!! I stopped them quite young because I was so self conscious of my weight and I didn't want to risk being told I was too fat to go for a ride, so I haven't since I was about 10 I think! It was something my Dad always took me and my sister to do near Greenwich Park every so often. So once I'm less of a fatty Im going to go back there and go on a donkey ride!

I look forward to being of a weight where I can go on a donkey ride!! I stopped them quite young because I was so self conscious of my weight and I didn't want to risk being told I was too fat to go for a ride, so I haven't since I was about 10 I think! It was something my Dad always took me and my sister to do near Greenwich Park every so often. So once I'm less of a fatty Im going to go back there and go on a donkey ride!

Woop woop, bring on the donkeys!! :D

Must admit I do wish I could sit on one of the donkeys when I put my daughter on one :)
I sat on a friends horse last week and could not believe how high up I was, it was scary...!!

Yesterday and today have been an improvement on my holiday. I was under my cals yesterday, but pigged out a bit tonight. My family were over and wanted takeaway. So after a lot of persuasion I opted for chicken kebab with a few chips. However my family noticed my drool from watching them all eat pizza, so they put 2 pieces of pizza on my plate. So knowing how rude it would have been to leave them, I scoffed both pieces. My cals would have been less eating 3/4 of a pizza!!!!!
I did exercise yesterday and today, but won't be able to 2moro as we are taking my daughter to Yorkshire Wildlife park.
Think doing my run yesterday has really taken it out of me today. I did 90 mins exercise today, but it was sooo hard! I have then spent the afternoon feeling really tired and doing nothing but put my feet up. Bit of a waste really!

Hope everyone has a nice hot Sunday :)

Yesterday and today have been an improvement on my holiday. I was under my cals yesterday, but pigged out a bit tonight. My family were over and wanted takeaway. So after a lot of persuasion I opted for chicken kebab with a few chips. However my family noticed my drool from watching them all eat pizza, so they put 2 pieces of pizza on my plate. So knowing how rude it would have been to leave them, I scoffed both pieces. My cals would have been less eating 3/4 of a pizza!!!!!
I did exercise yesterday and today, but won't be able to 2moro as we are taking my daughter to Yorkshire Wildlife park.
Think doing my run yesterday has really taken it out of me today. I did 90 mins exercise today, but it was sooo hard! I have then spent the afternoon feeling really tired and doing nothing but put my feet up. Bit of a waste really!

Hope everyone has a nice hot Sunday :)

Enjoy Yorkshire wildlife park!!! You will have to tell me what it's like, cos I really fancy it. :D

The wildlife park was great. It was just so hot to be walking around and there was very little shade. We still had a good day. I have had my first solero ice-cream, great that they are under 90 cals. I could quite easily have had several.
Rather than eating food on the park we called at the Tesco garage to pick up so cheap sandwiches. Was not too impressed to see several shelves of sandwiches, but none were low cal. So ended up wasting 450 cals on a sandwich I really didn't enjoy!
When we got home we had a bbq. This is another weakness of mine, as bbq always means alcohol. So several lagers, steak, baked potato and a sneaky pile of cheese has put me way over cals today!
Oh well 2moro is another day. I am back at work, so a routine is probably what I need to get back on track properly.
Hope everyone has had a good day :)

Mmm I want a bbq now!

It sounds like you had a lovely day so I wouldn't worry too much about what you ate in the evening. Sometimes its nice to forget dieting for a few hours, enjoy yourself, and then get back on track afterwards.:)

Bumble
x

I started back at work today, didn't exercise this morning as I was not very organised. So was not a great decision to pig out at work!!! Rather than having another day going over my cals, I made myself exercise for 50 mins when I got home to make up for it. It was really hard in this heat, but now under cals, so feel much better. :)
I will be getting up in the morning to exercise, rather than doing it after work again!!

Yeah back to getting up early to exercise. I feel much more energised!!
I have started a 6 wk kettlebell program today, so have taken my measurements and got weighed. Hopefully I will get some good results. I will be doing 3 x 20 mins a week, which should be easy to do with my current exercise. I was a bit guilty of only doing cardio, so hopefully this will balance my exercise out a bit with some strength training.

I have started a 6 wk kettlebell program today, so have taken my measurements and got weighed. Hopefully I will get some good results. I will be doing 3 x 20 mins a week, which should be easy to do with my current exercise. I was a bit guilty of only doing cardio, so hopefully this will balance my exercise out a bit with some strength training.

Thats fantastic Shaz, keep us posted.
Someone once told me that when you do strength training, your body actually continues to burn calories all day, where as cardio only keeps burning for an hour or so. It will be interesting to see if you notice a diifference. xx

Thanks guys :)
I think you do continue to burn cals longer with strength training Squeezy. Maybe I should have started this sooner :)

This is just a quick update to say my body is aching already from this morning!!!!

Also please wish me luck, 2moro I am planning to do my last 5k run before my RFL on Sunday and I so want to run it under 30 mins!!!!!!!!

Hi Shazzabir, I'm thoroughly impressed at you getting up early to exercise before work. I've threatened to do this so many times, but when my alarm goes off, I just cannot drag myself out of bed :rolleyes:

I have struggled many a morning Funky, but then I think what extra food I could have and it kinda gets me up :)
I do feel much more energised afterwards, which is an added bonus.

Back