Shazzabir CC Journey to 9st!

The meal at my sisters was lovely. It was bit of a celebration as she got engaged on Saturday. :)
Big mistake exercising before the meal. I was absolutely starving when we arrived. Unfortunately chicken salad did not fill me up. So when desert arrived I could not resist ice cream with my fruit salad and also some chocolate sauce!! I am like a woman possessed when I finish exercising. I feel like I have not eaten for a week and cannot control what I eat afterwards. Normally I have something cooking whilst I exercise, so I can quite happily pig out afterwards.
This morning I am enjoying a coffee in bed. It's the only morning I don't get up early to exercise. Bliss mmmnn

Hi shazza,
I'm sure you will exercise those cal's back that you've over eaten. You are doing so good, and deserve a treat for all your hard work.x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sazbirl said:
Hi shazza,
I'm sure you will exercise those cal's back that you've over eaten. You are doing so good, and deserve a treat for all your hard work.x

Today is not looking good considering it is a non exercise day. I am so hungry!! Already I have eaten 2 slices of toast, a cereal bar and a packet of crisps!!! 2 pints of juice and two coffees!!!
Must admit I have been thinking about my food intake and I don't seem to eat any less than when I started this journey. My appetite is just the same, if not worse now. I struggle everyday to keep within my 1200 cals. Surely I should not be eating the same amount of food when I was nearly 2 stone heavier???Could it have something to do with the exercise I do?
Perhaps I could start listing my meals and someone could let me know if you see anything obvious??

You burn so many calories exercising that your body probably needs all the food hun! You're healthier than when you started this journey and weigh so close to your goal weight so you have definitely improved that in every way!

Yeah I agree, your body is using more fuel so you need to give it more, it's obviously working, how you are doing it cause you're nearly at goal.xxx

Bostik said:
You burn so many calories exercising that your body probably needs all the food hun! You're healthier than when you started this journey and weigh so close to your goal weight so you have definitely improved that in every way!

Yes your right Bostik, I am so much more healthier. I do think exercise is making me eat a lot more and I probably thought that was a bad thing, but looking at it logically my body just needs more fuel. Especially the day after a weekend of exercise :)

Squeezyweezy said:
^^^^^^^what Bostik said^^^^^^^

Thanks Squeezy x

Sazbirl said:
Yeah I agree, your body is using more fuel so you need to give it more, it's obviously working, how you are doing it cause you're nearly at goal.xxx

I think exercise is the key for me. Cause I'm not great at staying within my cals.....! Especially when I hear the wine calling!!! Lol

I have done a bit of research tonight and found out pigging out after a good workout is quite normal. The key thing is to plan food for when you finish, so you can make healthier choices. Also it is possible to have increased appetite the following day. So feel a lot better now.
I finally felt full after my main meal tonight.....! What a horrible feeling it has been all day. Everytime I ate I was hungry shortly afterwards. I have gone over my cals by quite a bit, but it was either that or drive myself and everybody else mad. I could have ripped my arm off and eaten it several times.....mmmmnn would be at goal if I had done, lol
Not quite sure what to do about it going forward. I always exercise quite heavily over the w/e, so probably need to increase my cals to what my body tells me to. It's worth a try. I also feel better for having a day off exercise. Looking forward to my Kettleworx in the morning now, with hopefully a normal food day!!
Tomorrow night I am having friends over for tea. I am cooking the main and my friends are bringing a starter and a main. I have no idea what they are bringing or how healthy it is...!! It's a good job I have planned a long workout on Wednesday!!

Its good to know that it is normal to want to eat like a rhino after a workout. I often feel like I haven't eaten for a week after an exercise session.

Dinner party sounds fab. I love the whole cook a dish each thing, but like you said, you can't know in advance how many calories you will need. :(

Dinner party was great. Food not as low cal as I would have liked, but it was a good night. I feel really bloated this morning.
Today is my day off, so aiming for a run this morning. My friend is also coming over this afternoon to exercise, so should burn a few cals today.
I used a heavier kettlebell yesterday and boy do I ache today!! Hopefully I will see some good results. :)

I'm continually amazed at how much exercise you do :)

I have done a bit of research tonight and found out pigging out after a good workout is quite normal. The key thing is to plan food for when you finish, so you can make healthier choices. Also it is possible to have increased appetite the following day. So feel a lot better now.
I finally felt full after my main meal tonight.....! What a horrible feeling it has been all day. Everytime I ate I was hungry shortly afterwards. I have gone over my cals by quite a bit, but it was either that or drive myself and everybody else mad. I could have ripped my arm off and eaten it several times.....mmmmnn would be at goal if I had done, lol
Not quite sure what to do about it going forward. I always exercise quite heavily over the w/e, so probably need to increase my cals to what my body tells me to. It's worth a try. I also feel better for having a day off exercise. Looking forward to my Kettleworx in the morning now, with hopefully a normal food day!!
Tomorrow night I am having friends over for tea. I am cooking the main and my friends are bringing a starter and a main. I have no idea what they are bringing or how healthy it is...!! It's a good job I have planned a long workout on Wednesday!!

I think it's always good to have a cheeky little day off the exercise :) I find if I do some hard workouts everyday, my performance goes wayyy down until I take a day off, and start a fresh the next day. I usually have one day off a week but I won't beat myself up if I take 2 days off a week.

What weight is your kettleweights?

HH - I never used to have a day off, but I find It much more beneficial now. Infact I have a lot more energy by having a rest day. :)

The kettlebell I'm using is 7.5kg. I made the mistake of starting with this, then dropped down to 5kg, now I'm quite happy to use 7.5kg. The results of just a few weeks are amazing. My muscles are really defined and solid. Fantastic for toning you up :)

Bostik said:
I'm continually amazed at how much exercise you do :)

Thanks Bostik, that's really sweet :)

Confused!!!!!!!!!
So I have gained another 3/4 lb, but lost another inch??? What is going on??
Now I am 3.25lb away from goal??
Confused, confused, confused! How can you lose inches but put weight on, doesn't make any sense.

Eeeerm....it's got me beat!! Dunno how that works!!

Are you happy with how you look now tho? Because if so I'd say maybe It's to stop worrying about the losing and focus more on just eating well an being healthy??? Your sooooo close to goal that I'm not sure a pound either way matters massively. And you might find that last little bit just comes off by itself?

Yeah I agree with legomom. You are toning up so looking better hopefully and a lot fitter. Just concentrate on that. Perhaps it is muscle building up actually from all the kettlebelling?

Back