Shazzabir CC Journey to 9st!

Not a lot to say really. The cold has taken over, so no exercise and a battle not to comfort eat.

I took your advice Caroline and went to see the docs. They are going to start some blood tests next week, to see if there is a reason why my immune system is low.
I did buy some better vitamin pills whilst I was out, so hopefully that will make a difference.
What annoys me is, I eat 75% healthy and exercise most days, but come down with more colds than anybody else I know! My hubbie doesn't exercise, not the healthiest of eaters, but he is cold free???? Although thinking about it, that's a good thing, can't be doing with manflu..!! Lol

I hope the doctors manage to find out what's causing you to get so many colds. It seems that there's probably something, just something minor that they can help with and then hopefully you'll be cold free more often!

I really hope they find something Shaz, only so they can fix it and you won't have to suffer all the time. Like Caroline says it's probably something minor, but hopefully there will be a quick fix for you. :)

I've just had a batch of bloods for the sane thing. Found nothing so it's all down to being run down apparently. My cholesterol was good tho!! :)

Aww hun. Hope they get to the bottom of it!

In a way I hope they find something, just so It can get sorted, but have a feeling they won't find anything. Will then have to closely look at my lifestyle.
However I eat healthy 75% of the time, nearly always hit my 5 a day, exercise regular and do have several early nights a week. My downfall is not drinking enough water and probably having too many glasses of wine at a w/e....!!

Did they give you anything for been run down Tina?

It could definitely be stress related. I find when I let stuff get on top of me, I feel so much worse when I am ill. Which makes me more stressed so it just becomes a cycle!

You're one of the fittest people I know. So what if you have the occasional glass of wine at the weekend and don't drink 2 litres of water a day, lot's of us are the same and aren't half as fit as you are. Don't beat yourself up about that hun, you gotta cut yourself some slack somewhere. :)

^^ what she said!

Sorry shazzabir I didn't see your Q. In answer..... No lol..... I wasn't offered anything formally but I started on probiotic multivitamins (pretty pointless if you eat well already tho) and I'm trying to be generally healthier.

You live such a healthy lifestyle already that all I can think of is if your bloods come back fine then maybe your pushing yourself a bit too hard? I'm run down because Jamie had a difficult few months and I've had some family issues and a complicated set up for the new outreach office. Burning the candle at both ends then Jamie gets up at 3am and burns it in the middle for me too lol. Its like STILL having a newborn ten years on sometimes. So not surprising I'm a germ magnet.

I do hope it's nothing to worry about!

Are you feeling any better now Tina? I can see how you might be run down, sometimes you get so wrapped up in things that you just don't notice how it effects you. Hope everything is ok for you now.

In a way I hope they find something, just so It can get sorted, but have a feeling they won't find anything. Will then have to closely look at my lifestyle.
However I eat healthy 75% of the time, nearly always hit my 5 a day, exercise regular and do have several early nights a week. My downfall is not drinking enough water and probably having too many glasses of wine at a w/e....!!

I agree with Bostik that it could be stress related. I don't know you so sorry if this is not correct but reading your exercise plan for the week it looks like you push yourself very hard. Are you kind to yourself emotionally? Because being emotionally healthy is an important part of health, which means being happy and light and relaxed. Which of course starts with how you treat you.

Anyway good luck and I hope you're all OK. Also I'm very impressed with your exercise plan; you must be ripped!

Thanks guys, your comments really are appreciated :)

I have woken up in bit of a panic. My race is only 6 weeks away....! I need to be running at least 10 miles outside to be ready in time. At the moment I am on 6 miles, so quite a bit of work to do.
I have no room in my schedule for any illnesses or injuries, if I get any then I have pretty much screwed my chances. Fingers crossed!!!

So the plan going forward is to eat as healthy as I possibly can, drink as much water as my body will allow and limit my alcohol intake :)

I am feeling much better today, so planning a 7 mile run outside 2moro. I am also going on my bike today, so planning to do 60 mins.
My first challenge is avoiding a takeaway tonight. We have friends over, so pizza will probably be ordered. However I will not be having any. Instead I am going to have something healthy instead. Not quite decided what, but it needs to be good enough to resist the pizza temptation!!! I have also bought myself some alcohol free beer. No hangover for me!!!!!

Hope today goes to plan and you get in that run and avoid the pesky takeaway! But most of all, I hope you have fun!

Good plan! And make yourself something way more delicious than boring pizza!

In the end I opted for chicken kebab, the healthiest thing on the menu, (friends didnt want me cooking!). Also stuck to orange squash all night, which is a first for me!!!
It is nice to wake up today with a clear head though.
So today is my run, then going out for tea with my family. I believe they do a very nice salmon salad, so will go for that. Will have a quick look at the menu before I go.

Hope it warms up a bit, not ideal conditions for running!!!

Back