shedding for the wedding!

bigbride

Countdown for wedding Sept next year! Any other ladies/gents hoping to slim down before their big day?
Joined last Saturday and first weigh in lost 3 pounds - I'll take that!

Hello! I too am getting myself married this year, in August. Congratulations - isn't it fun!!
Started slimming world in August last year with a fairly big goal to get to. Lost a lot quickly and think I got too cocky, or just too happy with the weight I had lost, (and all the lovely comments!) so wasn't as committed to my healthy eating as I should have been and as a result, for a few months my weight loss really slowed down.
With 3.5 months to go, my incentive has kicked in big style and I'm really enjoying it again, but just hope I can get to target (and beyond really!) by my big day!
I have a dress, that fits, but would LOVE to have it taken in before the wedding!
How you going??
:)

Hi,

I'm getting married next May and joined a week ago. Started dress shopping but have decided to give slimming world a shot for a few months then go shopping again.
Wedding is def a good incentive to get skinnier!

I agree there, weddings are the best incentive for being healthy and on track! Mine is 10 weeks tomorrow :) I've been using My Fitness Pal for a while but to be honest I was so sick of it costing me 80 calories for an apple etc, I've never felt so guilty eating fruit before. Anyway I've started this week doing the EE plan, I seem to be eating a lot though so I'm a but dubious?? The scales will tell all though I'm sure!!

I felt the exact same with my fitness pal, I found myself eating very little during the day to make sure I could eat at night. Very unhealthy.
Slimming world totally breaks that habit

Slimming World!
Wk 1 - -6
Wk 2 -

Exactly!! I was hardly eating anything neither and always went to bed feeling sick and hungry, really not good for you! This is more of a healthy eating lifestyle than a diet anyway isn't it. Hey curiosity got the better of me at the weekend though so I weighed myself and I'd lost 6lbs since last Monday, literally can't believe it!! It feels so wrong munching two alpen light bars and drinking hot chocolate at night haha! Not that I'm complaining :)

That's amazing! It totally messed with my head my first week. I lost another 1.5 this week though so still working. It's not even difficult!

Slimming World!
Wk 1 - -6
Wk 2 - -1.5 half stone award :)

Well done that's brilliant :D I know it's not difficult at all is it?! I think the key thing is to be organised with planning your meals, convenience food is a big no no!

And there's so many great recipes and ideas on here it's really helping keep me motivated.

We can do this :)

We most definitely can! Preparation and a positive mental attitude are key!

Slimming World!
Wk 1 - -6
Wk 2 - -1.5 half stone award :)

Back