Shepherds Pie Recipe

kered

Gold Member
I am now following the Weight Watchers NO Count diet, as I want to lose another half a stone. I lost over a stone with this diet last year, its made up of 3 meals a day, taken from the free list and then snacks in between can be fruit or vegetables. Doesnt really feel like a diet as there is so much food you can eat.

On top of this you can have 21WW points per week. (That allows me 21 Smirnoff Vodka's - hehe)​

Anyway, just wanted to post this recipe which I will make this week ( I have made it previously and its delicious) and its totally all from the free foods which are allowed.​

NC SHEPHERDS PIE
350 g lamb mince, lean
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, chopped finely
2 medium carrot, sliced finely
2 oz sweetcorn, tinned or frozen
2 oz frozen peas
300 ml stock made with a lamb stock cube
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 dessertspoon tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
450 g parsnips, peeled and cubed
350 g potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 tablespoon , natural yogurt
1 teaspoon spices, nutmeg
salt & pepper
gravy granules

Dry-fry the minced meat in a large, non-stick saucepan until browned, stirring often. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes, then add the carrots, stock, tomato puree, peas and sweetcorn about a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce (or to taste) and rosemary. Bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Add gravy granules to thicken, check seasoning and pour intoan oven proof dish.
Meanwhile, place the parsnips and potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water, add a little salt and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat and then simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender
Drain and mash the potatoes and parsnips. Beat well adding the yogurt, a pinch of grated nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste .
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/375°F

Top the meat mixture with the mash. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until heated through and golden brown on top.
(If you use an electric whisk the potato will be lovely and fluffy.

(change lamb mince for beef mince)

Oooooo YUM!!! Will deffo try this sometime, thanks Mary xx

oooh fankyou mary! :) sounds delish!!!

I think i may make this very soon!!! except with beef - lamb = yuk!!

Hi Kered
Sounds nice and a little different from usual. Will try this tomorrow with beef just got it out of the freezer now.

Back