Sheridan's 100 day challenge!

I've said this before but you really are an inspiration the way you can get back on track after you feel you've slipped. You have come for far with a short way to go. I am completely rooting for you. Go Sheridan!! :)

Thanks GEG, I really appreciate your support.
I always try to finish what I start so I really need to keep the mindset that the diet is just another thing I can conquer. :)

Have they reinstated the plan you had in place at the school Sheridan? I hope some of the stresses ease soon. Keep going as best you can and I look forward to celebrating you reaching goal. Be kind to yourself too. Theres so many things going on in your life make sure you don't lose yourself. Sending you hugs and congrats for staying to plan today. :bighug:

Only after we had to let them see it was detrimental not to, even though we have the headteacher's backing and go ahead with him continuing going through reception, the receptionists are still extremely hostile whenever we bring him in - he doesn't go in early and it's by no means any extra work for them but it makes my son tense which makes me frustrated.

We have to just keep pushing, my son's attitude is just so erratic about school. I just want him to do well, which I know is going to be a continuous struggle. It's hard because his sister is socially advanced for her age and I know she'll go into school very easily in September.

As a parent I just want them both to achieve what they want in life but have to accept they are both going to have very different experiences.

All this and my final semester is so much, plus due to our finances I'll need to find a full time job ideally as soon as this semester ends.

Ugh, life is so difficult at times. Always seem to keep adding to the metaphorical plate before I've had a chance to finish what's already on there.

I think that's something I need to manage in all aspects of my life, including diet.

Hope you are feeling well Angel.

I'm good hon. It's hard for anyone to juggle as much as you do. The only thing you can control which will make you happy and is for you is your weight loss journey. It sounds kookie but give your guardians and Angels permission to help you. Someone told me to do that years ago and it helps me get through tough times. Apparently they can't help unless they are given permission. It does sound weird but oddly things seem to take a turn for the better (which it may do anyway) but it's s nice thought.

Offload whenever you like to us if it helps this is your Diary, look how much you go through and still keep going. You're a strong lady and will get what needs to be sorted done. Sending you strength :vibes:

A bit peed off today, only lost 0.2lbs of my gain overnight.

I know it's only been one day but normally when it's water weight, a decent chunk disappears quickly. I'm going to just take it as it comes and hopefully I see a decent drop on day 4 - I wouldn't be happy if it took ages to lose this gain.

Ugh, why can't this diet make sense? It's too cold to be doing this, so I'm really testing my patience right now!

Feeling better for now.

Today has been not too bad, got to starve the fat cat tonight ready for her appointment tomorrow - she has to have several teeth out and it's going to cost us a few hundred pounds, Yeesh! But I love my kitties and she needs it done to prevent infection which could lead to serious illness.

image-1479473376.jpg

My hubby and the cat in question.

Hopefully it's only a day visit rather than overnight.

500mls of water left to have and one more pack to go. Hoping to see a slighter big loss from my gain in the morning but will stay positive regardless!

Someone posted this on the Facebook group and I found it really positive. Hope it helps you guys out;

image-49235682.jpg

Hope everyone has had a good Tuesday!

Hope you are feeling better today. It is annoying to lose a small proportion of a gain, but sometimes I notice that when I TS the day after I'm off plan - I gain! It appears to be a delayed response. Hang in there, you'll be back to the 10s soon.

I find it crazy how much water we can gain off plan. Once you introduce carbs and work your way up the plans, the fluctuations should be minimal xxx

Day 18/42

Woke up feeling more positive today, regardless of what the scales would say but luckily they said I have now lost 1.5lbs of my gain so far, just 2.2lbs to go to get back to my lowest and into the 10s again.

I'm hoping I can most of that by Saturday weigh in. Is a bit difficult; I'm out again on Sunday for a 30th Birthday meal so will have to eat but will definitely only eat at the meal and only law carb at that. I can't bear bouncing in and out of the 10s, I need to get down comfortably into them.

Seem to be coming out of my mental block to my uni work finally so will do my best to capitalise on that and get a chunk done. Taking the kids to school and nursery then got to take our cat in for her appointment. Had to make sure absolutely no food was had overnight by her, which meant hiding food from our other cat too, poor thing lol.

Hope everyone has a good day. :)

Hope you are feeling better today. It is annoying to lose a small proportion of a gain, but sometimes I notice that when I TS the day after I'm off plan - I gain! It appears to be a delayed response. Hang in there, you'll be back to the 10s soon. I find it crazy how much water we can gain off plan. Once you introduce carbs and work your way up the plans, the fluctuations should be minimal xxx

Thanks Sleek, it is just so hard even when we know this to stop the negative thoughts hovering. Luckily, the gain is starting to move.

I've definitely decided I will probably do WS/SS for 2/3 weeks then 4:3 with the packs until I'm comfortable with managing calorie intake then 5:2. I'd much rather do it gradually like you say rather than have to allow for massive gains jumping straight off. :)

Sounds like a good idea Sheridan. You may want to look into the Cambridge Diet higher plans. I lost weight before and used them, and it helped my weight stabilise. I was able to eat carbs without gaining a tonne of water weight. I will definitely probably use that this time round, as it worked well last time. I was eating around 1700 calories and maintaining xx

Sounds like a good idea Sheridan. You may want to look into the Cambridge Diet higher plans. I lost weight before and used them, and it helped my weight stabilise. I was able to eat carbs without gaining a tonne of water weight. I will definitely probably use that this time round, as it worked well last time. I was eating around 1700 calories and maintaining xx

Do you mean use the plans from Cambridge using Exante products or do you mean actually switching to Cambridge? Lol sorry, if that sounds silly, just bit confused x

It's not silly :) I meant doing the CD plans using Exante products. I think they plans are on their website; if not, I will post a link later. It is always good to have options xxx

It's not silly :) I meant doing the CD plans using Exante products. I think they plans are on their website; if not, I will post a link later. It is always good to have options xxx

Ah okay, yes I'd appreciate that. Thank you :) xx

How was today Sheridan? Doing SW with 5:2 using Exante is what I hope to do eventually. SW plan is just healthy eating with some fab recipes but limits carbs a bit so water gain is low. I was cooking SW recipes for the whole of my husbands family and they had no idea. The fav being Mac n cheese (made with cottage cheese!).

I hope ole life is flowing a bit better for you. You've done amazingly well and you will keep going. I expect those 3 dresses from before Christmas are somewhat baggy now?

Here are the steps:

Cambridge Weight Plan Steps

You would move up through the steps, aiming to spend at least two weeks at each. It will ensure that you don't gain a lot from introducing carbs. I didn't lose much on Step 2, but once I moved up to Step 3 my weight loss continued. I lost around 9lbs working through the steps xx

How was today Sheridan? Doing SW with 5:2 using Exante is what I hope to do eventually. SW plan is just healthy eating with some fab recipes but limits carbs a bit so water gain is low. I was cooking SW recipes for the whole of my husbands family and they had no idea. The fav being Mac n cheese (made with cottage cheese!). I hope ole life is flowing a bit better for you. You've done amazingly well and you will keep going. I expect those 3 dresses from before Christmas are somewhat baggy now?

Better diet wise Angel, just feeling better about it and have ordered some of the new products to try. It does help thinking ahead that am near the point of moving on from TS, I think that is the biggest progression. And it's amazing isn't it? When you tell people you're cooking a certain way they have all sorts of complaints and judgements but when they don't know, it proves that they're just making it up as they go along!

Life is still life, tough and stressful and a little bit relentless but I'll live (kinda ironically saying that)

I haven't put on any of the dresses since very early January, but I assume they will be a bit baggy now.

I did however have a non scale victory today; I bought some size 12 skinny jeans from Tescos to use as motivation expecting them to go up but not do up and amazingly they fit perfectly! Even slightly loose on me - so it was a very pleasant surprise as I'm only looking really to reach a size 10-12 depending on type of clothing.

Hope you've had a better day Angel. :)

Here are the steps: Cambridge Weight Plan Steps You would move up through the steps, aiming to spend at least two weeks at each. It will ensure that you don't gain a lot from introducing carbs. I didn't lose much on Step 2, but once I moved up to Step 3 my weight loss continued. I lost around 9lbs working through the steps xx

Thank you for that Sleek, really appreciate it. It's so scary thinking about having a massive gain when moving back to normal food so it'll be nice to do it through this way to minimise water gain as you say. And it's amazing you still lost! :)

Thank you for that Sleek, really appreciate it. It's so scary thinking about having a massive gain when moving back to normal food so it'll be nice to do it through this way to minimise water gain as you say. And it's amazing you still lost! :)

It is okay :) My weight went for up a few days at each step, but it levels out. I would say avoid the scales and weigh weekly so you see a loss. It just takes the body a while to adjust, so don't be afraid! You won't lose as quickly but it is enjoyable. I loved step 3 Xxx

Day 19/42

Feeling very pleased today, I jumped on the scales and they said I am down 2lbs overnight!

Meaning I only have 0.2lbs to get back to my Saturday weight. Quite shocked with the dramatic drop as TOM made a small appearance yesterday, I'd be really happy with a STS this week, but I'm cautious to the fact the weight could bob back up before Saturday. Still I'm hopeful it won't.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. :)

2lbs overnight :wow: your body had a good old clear out. Apparently between 11and 3am that's when a lot of sorting out goes on. Someone recommended these detox footpads to use at night to help but I've no idea if they work. She swears by them.

Tesco are not generous in their sizes so well done you for getting a pair of 12's. I'm so proud of you. Less than a stone to go. You go girl! :)

2lbs overnight :wow: your body had a good old clear out. Apparently between 11and 3am that's when a lot of sorting out goes on. Someone recommended these detox footpads to use at night to help but I've no idea if they work. She swears by them. Tesco are not generous in their sizes so well done you for getting a pair of 12's. I'm so proud of you. Less than a stone to go. You go girl! :)

That's quite interesting about the detox footpads, may look into those. That's good to hear about the jeans, was tempted to grab a pair of size 10s to aim since you never know ;)

Thank you for following my journey! I'm so excited to get to a normal BMI now then slowly towards my target weight.

I hope you're doing well, Angel! :)

Back