Sherry's Diary - No need to knock. Come on in! :D

whats BGT? either way, will be thinking of ya - i'm working tomorrow and monday too but i have the late at sainsburys on monday :p 2-7.

as for the biccies i do exactly the same! its like if i open a bag of crisps .. theyre all gone in 2 minutes whereas my friends can stretch then through a 50 minute lecture.. wtf?! :p

whats BGT? either way, will be thinking of ya - i'm working tomorrow and monday too but i have the late at sainsburys on monday :p 2-7.

as for the biccies i do exactly the same! its like if i open a bag of crisps .. theyre all gone in 2 minutes whereas my friends can stretch then through a 50 minute lecture.. wtf?! :p

BGT is Britain's Got Talent and I know!! I've been in a room with loads of girls, all drinking tea/coffee and I'm always on biscuit number 3 by the time they've even contemplated biting biscuit number 1! I don't get it! I don't understand!! Why did I have to be the greedy oink pig? Food is not a necessity to me, it's a passion! There now.

Speaking of..... I've had a piggy two days and in my defense they don't happen very often but they have. I've eaten Sports Mixtures like they were going on ration (v.windy side effect, need a kite!) and haven't stopped there. Dreading weigh in tomorrow cuz I think I've gained but hey ho. I'll make up for it.

Have a serious lack of exercise going on and I know I gotta motivate 'n get going but it doesn't make a blind bit of difference - I just can't get the oomph needed to swim, wii fit, walk, jazzersize. I need a mega hoof up the bum me finx! HELP ME!!! I know if I just shake my toosh, the weight will start to fall off, rather than struggling to lose 1/2 a week - I just can't muster the will. Bah!

x

Vagina Monologues tonight! Should be a laugh. :D

Mince, Tatties, Veg 'n Mealie Pudding for tea. Num num numz! :p

ah that's meant to be hilarious!! Cant believe you didn't get BGT Rach, I too LOVE it!!! Although this weekend was not as good as some, well seeing the weirdest guy was from Glasgow! Playing the saxophone with his mouth...dear me!! lol

ah that's meant to be hilarious!! Cant believe you didn't get BGT Rach, I too LOVE it!!! Although this weekend was not as good as some, well seeing the weirdest guy was from Glasgow! Playing the saxophone with his mouth...dear me!! lol

In Glasgow's defense though...... he was from the African part of Glasgow though eh? :D

Love BGT - highlight of my week (note to self: GET OUT MORE!)

x

you really need to get out more! :rotflmao:

hope you enjoy the vagina monologues.. i really want to see it too! *very jealous*

on the wi front, you were doing so well last week so dont let yourself get too off track - the windy mixtures aren't worth it!! x

you really need to get out more! :rotflmao:

hope you enjoy the vagina monologues.. i really want to see it too! *very jealous*

on the wi front, you were doing so well last week so dont let yourself get too off track - the windy mixtures aren't worth it!! x

Haha - I know the sports mixtures aren't worth it (FYI - blamed the dog!) but on a lighter note, I'm back on track and my piggy two days have passed. Pity it's WI night tonight. I'm so not looking forward to it but then I can concentrate on next weeks WI and hopefully shed a couple..... better shed a couple!!

BTW - I used to work for Sainsburys too - Night Shift Shelf Filler when kids were wee. Use to walk about like a chiffin zombie! Was awful and I did it for 18 months - must've been mad! Haha.

Vagina Monologues was hilarious! We just laughed and cried (there was sad bits too) all the way through it. And they make you shout out the 'C' word!! Funny!

New double oven, larder fridge and washing machine have all just been delivered. (Before 9.30am!!- I'm in shock!) and I can't move! Kitchen not due to get done for another week and a half! OMG! I'm gonna be demented!

Beautiful 'n sunny today - hope it lasts.

Wish me luck for tonight laydeez? I'm gonna need it.

xx

i'm too late for last night, but good luck for this week :) you can do it! :) xxx

Hello, Good Evening and Welcome!

It's a lovely night tonight. I lost 1.5lbs at my W.I (still 0.5 down on last week) but it's all good and in the right direction eh?

So, Joanne has been running round Scotland like there is no tomorrow and I've been pondering about jogging/running for a couple of weeks and it turns out my chum Angie (who I go to W.I with) wants to do running too. So we're gonna do a timetable and go out 3 times a week to start and then just see how we go. Apparently the Weight Watchers magazine tells you how to start slowly and work your way through i.e. jog for one minute and walk for another etc. I think I'm gonna have to go get a pair of trainers one size larger....is that true? I remember having a bruised big toenail when I went jogging decades ago (probably why I've never done it again!!). Do I need a pair of trainers slightly bigger? Not that I need any pushing to go buy myself something new! Moohaha!

Any advice? Words of wisdom or encouragement? Point 'n laugh? Pat on the back? Snigger at me wobbly bits? Bring it on people. Any input is a positive thing...... I am a new person!........ kinda! :D

Oh so many of you have replied - thanks! NOT!

Have ordered my trainers. My sister in law (who's an avid runner) said "Oh that's good, well done - shall I get you an app for the September 10k?"........ need I type the reply?? :D

Congrats on your loss this week Sherry,
Have a good day xx

sorry Sherry, i did post in the teams thread to congratulate you on your loss though, so do i get brownie points? :D

i dont know about the shoe size, but if you look on the race for life website, there is a downloadable guide on there to build yourself up from walking to running too :)

xxx

Hi Sherry, well done on the 1.5lbs. Some people do have problems with their toe nails when running. My friends big toe nails fell off:eek: I keep saying I'm gonna start again, but as everyone else is I think I will give it a go. x

Hiya Sherry

Sorry not been on your diary, car playing up this week, been using boyfs and staying at his hence my awol ness!!!

So.....running!!! Yeyh, way to go you!!! How exciting, you'll love it i really feel like ive achieved something when ive done a nice big run. What kinda trainers did you get?? I need to get a new pair!!! Yeh there are lots of training programmes on the net to help you get started. I've decided to do the half marathon in sept so I reckon if i can do that you can easily do the 10k in sept!!! Although i was looking at the training schedule for the half marathon and just now i should be out 4 times a week clocking up 17 miles :eek::eek: oh dear, not likely. Went out tonight only for a 2.5miler, peeing with rain - not nice!

Oh sorry its late but well done on your loss!! I've got my wi tomorrow but think i may have put on :mad: not been good had pizza wed and chinese last night (bad bad idea!!) Ah well never mind!!

Let me know when your first running escapade is
x

Congrats on your loss this week Sherry,
Have a good day xx

Aw thanks. Always nice to hear. Thanks chick. :D

sorry Sherry, i did post in the teams thread to congratulate you on your loss though, so do i get brownie points? :D

i dont know about the shoe size, but if you look on the race for life website, there is a downloadable guide on there to build yourself up from walking to running too :)

xxx

You get brownie points for just being you luv. No worries. I'm quite looking forward to starting running but it's bucketing outside so if the weather is like this then ya can forget it haha. Will keep ya all posted.

Hi Sherry, well done on the 1.5lbs. Some people do have problems with their toe nails when running. My friends big toe nails fell off:eek: I keep saying I'm gonna start again, but as everyone else is I think I will give it a go. x

Hiya - my sister in law lost two toe nails wearing her normal size. She now wears a size 'n a half bigger!! WTF - I'm gonna look like Big Foot! Haha. Yeah, running for beginners I reckon only a good idea in the summer - by Autumn I'll be zippin about Aberdeen in my lycra like Linford! Haha.

Hiya Sherry

Sorry not been on your diary, car playing up this week, been using boyfs and staying at his hence my awol ness!!!

So.....running!!! Yeyh, way to go you!!! How exciting, you'll love it i really feel like ive achieved something when ive done a nice big run. What kinda trainers did you get?? I need to get a new pair!!! Yeh there are lots of training programmes on the net to help you get started. I've decided to do the half marathon in sept so I reckon if i can do that you can easily do the 10k in sept!!! Although i was looking at the training schedule for the half marathon and just now i should be out 4 times a week clocking up 17 miles :eek::eek: oh dear, not likely. Went out tonight only for a 2.5miler, peeing with rain - not nice!

Oh sorry its late but well done on your loss!! I've got my wi tomorrow but think i may have put on :mad: not been good had pizza wed and chinese last night (bad bad idea!!) Ah well never mind!!

Let me know when your first running escapade is
x

Not good news about your car. Hope you've got it sorted out? Gary's a mechanic and I'm so glad cuz on the couple of times I've ever had car bother, it's fixed within a day. Part ordered, car fixed, end of! Phew! Nightmare when you've no wheels eh? I didn't realise you 'n your boyfriend didn't live together already. Why did I think you did? Hmmm. Dunno.

Running...yeah.....you're entirely to blame ya know.....but strangely.....I'm intrigued and want to lose 3.5 a week too! Haha. I know I've a major lack of discipline when it come to exercise so I'm going with Angie 'n we'll keep each other in the zone. For her and myself, this is the longest we've ever done WW cuz we said, "it's not a whim - we're stickin with it till the end" and we're still going strong. So we must do each other some good eh? Hopefully same will happen with the running. 17 miles?? A week or a month? OMG - STRETCHER OVER HERE PLEASE!! Haha. Good luck with that.

I ordered Reebok cheapos....just to get started. They look ok though but they're not here yet. Nike Air Max will do in the meantime.

Honestly it's like a storm outside just now. High winds and rain battering off the window - like chiffin winter I tell ya! Local paper tonight said 3 weeks of rain in the next 36 hours. Welly boots!!

Good luck with your weigh in. You always say you've been a devil and then shock us all with a 4lb loss (if you do I'll be sick!!) so lie if that's the case. Don't tell me I don't want to know. Hahaha. Giggling away to myself here. Good luck though. You'll be fine.

Have a great weekend everyone.

xx

hey Sherry :) hope you have a lovely weekend - good luck starting your running i'm sure you will do fab :) i think its great you have such a good friend to do WW / exercise with as having that support really does keep you going :)

looking forward to seeing how you do next WI :) xxx

Hey sherry

Well i didn't pull a 4lb er this week im afraid to report, but did manage to say goodbye to 1 more little lb, yipee!! Although had 4 points over today :( not like me too but f&*k it! Its wi day and if you can't go mad then when can you eh!!!

So when is your first running venture?? It definately helps having someone to run with keeps you motivated as you don't want to let the other person down!! Ive got wee cheap reebok running trainers too, they've actually served me well but they are really done in so going to treat myself to a new pair!

Car is all sorted thank goodness. I'm actually really lucky my cousins husbands good mate has a garage to i just phone cousins hubby and he gets it sorted that day too, its such a relief and good to know you're not getting ripped off!!!

Hope you're having a good weekend and being good, spk soon
x

Howdy laydeez! How's it hanging? Haven't been on for a wee while as I've been extremely busy. Just got a new kitchen fitted and we're still not back to normal! Fed up cleaning! There's still dust everywhere and there's a delay on my spalshbacks so they're still not on, so my switches, sockets and underneath lights aren't fitted either. So I'll just be about finished clearing up the dust and we'll have to start all over again!!! JOY!! Think I'll be sectioned by then.

Anyhoo, didn't weigh in last week cuz I'd been badly behaved last week as we were surviving on fast food as my kitchen was out of sync. We'll see how this week goes. I've been good but it's all about what the scales say eh?

Also, I've started running! I'm in bits!! I got out of bed like an old lady this morning!! The laughable thing is it was real starter mode :- run for 1 minute 'n walk for 2 minutes. Repeat 10 times. Oh my giddy aunt.....I forget I'm 40 - in my head I'm 22! Haha. I was panting and puffin' like a geriatric! Twaz shockin.

So this morning I got up at 5.45 with the alarm and I kid you not, it was rainin cats 'n dogs!! It was bouncing off the road outside. So a quick phonecall to Angie and we went back to our pits! Oopsie! So I'm all ready for going tomorrow and Angie has backed out cuz she works nights checkouts at Tescos and doesn't get to bed till 1am! So getting up at 6 is a no-no. So I'm on my todd tomorrow. I'm gonna feel like a right plum! However, I'm gonna keep at it. By week 4, apparently I'm gonna be running 10 mins without stopping! Hmmm, not convinced but I'll soldier on. I'm determined that I don't need anybody to run with me and I'm determined that I'm gonna keep going and do this. It's free - all I need to do is walk (or run) out the door.......but I actually take (drive) the dog to the park and run there! Haha.

So that's my news. My muscles and back are aching but I'm not going to stop. Hopefully we'll start to see a dramatic difference in my weight cuz it's getting ridiculous......... I've not lost weight since March. I go up 1, down 1 etc. I've stuck. Hopefully the running will make a difference.

Oh, Beyonce' in Dublin on Saturday.......... hell to the yeah!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D Can't wait. xx

in Dublin? oooooh have a nice time :D

as for the running, i'm sure it will get easier and will defo make a difference - you just have to make yourself do it, thats all :)

good luck for your WI this week :) xxx

Back