Sherry's GI Diet Diary

Hello. I've not been on since Friday!!! That's bad eh? However, I've been a good girl (kinda) and here we go with my food diaries for Sat, Sun 'n Monday.

Lets begin......

Saturday

Breakfast
Bran Flakes
Skimmed Milk

Snack
2 x Oatcakes
Reduced Fat Lemon & Corriander Hummous

Lunch
Wholemeal Pitta
Salad

No Snack

Dinner
Dry Chicken Chow Mein
Chips (Oops!)
4 Vodka 'n Diet Lilt
Knicked some Trick or Treat Sweets too - oh phooey!

Sunday

Breakfast
Bran Flakes
Skimmed Milk

No Snack - Working

No Lunch - Working

Snack
Carrot Sticks

Dinner
Roast Chicken
Sweet Potatoes Roasted
Cauliflower, Broccoli and Carrots
Chicken Gravy
Low GI Rice Pudding
2 Vodka and Diet Lilt

Monday

Breakfast
Bran Flakes
Yoghurt
Peach and Pear Pieces

Snack
Apple

Lunch
Apple at 1pm (on way to gym)
Oatcakes
Reduced Fat Pate
2 Satsumas

Snack
Low Fat Strawberry Yoghurt

Dinner
2 bowls (one wasn't enough!) of Homemade Lentil and Bacon Soup (Bacon Trimmed off Fat)
1 slice of Seeded Batch bread

Snack
2 Satsumas

So, there ya ago.....I was a devil on Saturday night once the Chinese arrived but sod it....once a week cheat isn't gonna kill me. If that's my only vice then it'll do. Was good the other times eh? x

Hiya mate

Not been on either and thought I ought to this morning hehehe

I have been a bit naughty too but back on track now.

Well done your meals look scrum xxxxxxxxx

I'm really disheartened.....I weighed myself this morning and I've gained 2lbs!!! How come?? Surely a wee cheat on Saturday night isn't gonna dictate my weight loss for the whole week? I'm sticking to Low/Medium GI and going to the gym 3/4 times a week! Why am I gaining weight? I don't get it!

Only green for me from now on....no more oatcakes or pitta! Oh and the homemade soup I made has swede in it!!! I didn't realise this was high GI! Dammit! Sherry is not a happy bunny!!! :(

I'm really disheartened.....I weighed myself this morning and I've gained 2lbs!!! How come?? Surely a wee cheat on Saturday night isn't gonna dictate my weight loss for the whole week? I'm sticking to Low/Medium GI and going to the gym 3/4 times a week! Why am I gaining weight? I don't get it!

Only green for me from now on....no more oatcakes or pitta! Oh and the homemade soup I made has swede in it!!! I didn't realise this was high GI! Dammit! Sherry is not a happy bunny!!! :(

Hiya mate

I thought oatcakes were green light? I am sure they are.

I really wouldnt worry. You dont weigh in till friday and the body fluctuates. Is it TTM soon? Could be that. I would carry on as you have been. From looking at your menus I cant see anything wrong.

The only thing it could be is the chinese as that is salty and it could be water from the salt.

I have been counting cals all day and am now thinking I may just count cals and eat what I want haaha I dont know yet. Will give this a couple of weeks. It should work whatever I am eating but I am missing chocolate I have to confess.

Keep going matey xx

Hiya mate

I thought oatcakes were green light? I am sure they are.

I really wouldnt worry. You dont weigh in till friday and the body fluctuates. Is it TTM soon? Could be that. I would carry on as you have been. From looking at your menus I cant see anything wrong.

The only thing it could be is the chinese as that is salty and it could be water from the salt.

I have been counting cals all day and am now thinking I may just count cals and eat what I want haaha I dont know yet. Will give this a couple of weeks. It should work whatever I am eating but I am missing chocolate I have to confess.

Keep going matey xx

I honestly don't think this diet is a chore! I don't feel deprived at all. This is a choice to make myself healthier. To opt to just count calories and eat what you want is a great idea on paper but you're not lowering cholesterol, blood pressure or decreasing the risk of diabetes. GI is good for you too! That is a big tick in my book!

I am just gonna carry on what I've been doing, you could be right about the time of month thing....I'm never sure when I'm due. I have the Merena coil so don't really get a period and if I do it's only a teaspoon worth (sorry for sharing!) Haha. I'll have to stop scale hopping! That's what did this in the first place. No more scales till Friday morning. Gym tomorrow though. If this one starts going tits up too I'll not be a happy camper! I'm counting on this diet to be 'The One'! Please make me right! :D xx

I honestly don't think this diet is a chore! I don't feel deprived at all. This is a choice to make myself healthier. To opt to just count calories and eat what you want is a great idea on paper but you're not lowering cholesterol, blood pressure or decreasing the risk of diabetes. GI is good for you too! That is a big tick in my book!

I am just gonna carry on what I've been doing, you could be right about the time of month thing....I'm never sure when I'm due. I have the Merena coil so don't really get a period and if I do it's only a teaspoon worth (sorry for sharing!) Haha. I'll have to stop scale hopping! That's what did this in the first place. No more scales till Friday morning. Gym tomorrow though. If this one starts going tits up too I'll not be a happy camper! I'm counting on this diet to be 'The One'! Please make me right! :D xx

Hiya hon

This is a really good diet. Just keep doing what you have been doing, I am sure it will change by friday. NO More scale jumping!! I had fantastic results before when I did it.

I weigh in tomorrow. Yikes hahahaha

I am going to carry on doing it so no worries there. Just going to monitor what I have and if I am desperate make some brownies or cookies out of rick gallops book.

I will post my loss in morning on here ... I dont mention it on FB as nobody on there really knows I am dieting, nosey ******* :) hehehe:p

x

Hiya hon

This is a really good diet. Just keep doing what you have been doing, I am sure it will change by friday. NO More scale jumping!! I had fantastic results before when I did it.

I weigh in tomorrow. Yikes hahahaha

I am going to carry on doing it so no worries there. Just going to monitor what I have and if I am desperate make some brownies or cookies out of rick gallops book.

I will post my loss in morning on here ... I dont mention it on FB as nobody on there really knows I am dieting, nosey ******* :) hehehe:p

x

Absolutely! Good for you and no, I wouldn't mention it either though I do mention it on Diane's page cuz we're both dieting. Haha.

I do feel like I'm starting to shrink though, especially around the waist. Maybe it's muscle? I dunno but I'm keeping at it. AND I was looking at my Bran Flakes box and it has the Traffic Light Symbols that are sometimes used on Cereals (nothing to do with GI) and it says High in Sugar!!! Why did I not notice that before?? So I've went off them. Need to go get some High Bran or start soaking Porridge! Haha. Just had a slice of Seeded Batch with Reduced Fat Pate 'n an Apple! Twaz looooosh! :D

Oh, diary for yesterday - silly me!!

Tuesday 3rd November 2009

Breakfast
Bran Flakes
2 Satsumas

Snack
Apple

Lunch
Homemade Lentil & Bacon Soup
2 Satsumas

Snack
Low Fat Yoghurt
Apple

Dinner
Homemade Lentil & Bacon Soup
2 Slices of Seeded Batch

Snack
2 Oatcakes
Reduced Fat Pate

Oink Oink!

:D

Hiya hon

x

I made the Brownies on Sunday night and they were minging! I put in 7 teaspoons of Light Sugar as I weighed 6oz of normal sugar and it was around 7 teaspoons worth. I dunno what I did but the brownies were pants! How much of the light sugar do you put it. Mine really needed more sweetness. So then ended up in the bucket! :D

I made the Brownies on Sunday night and they were minging! I put in 7 teaspoons of Light Sugar as I weighed 6oz of normal sugar and it was around 7 teaspoons worth. I dunno what I did but the brownies were pants! How much of the light sugar do you put it. Mine really needed more sweetness. So then ended up in the bucket! :D

Well you deffo did the recipe wrong. Its much more canderel than that!!!! When I made them before when I did the diet everyone in my office ate them!!! In fact they went so fast I only had one!!

Splenda is the best result.

I like your menu. Will do mine later. So far soo good.

xxxx

Well you deffo did the recipe wrong. Its much more canderel than that!!!! When I made them before when I did the diet everyone in my office ate them!!! In fact they went so fast I only had one!!

Splenda is the best result.

I like your menu. Will do mine later. So far soo good.

xxxx

So how much Splenda do you put in? I've got Silverspoon stuff similar to Splenda I bought from Asda and they're all as light as a feather eh? So I dunno how much to add. It says equivalent to 6oz of sugar. So how much is that then? I'm still not sure. I thought it was like for like, teaspoon to teaspoon. Obviously not! :D

You cant use light sugar its still sugar. Got to be splenda, canderel or a sweetner in gen. If says 6oz then thats what you put in.. weigh it till it says it on scale. Its alot as its light. Splenda is best - the applie pie cookies are nice too and the scones xxxxx

You cant use light sugar its still sugar. Got to be splenda, canderel or a sweetner in gen. If says 6oz then thats what you put in.. weigh it till it says it on scale. Its alot as its light. Splenda is best - the applie pie cookies are nice too and the scones xxxxx

OMG! Now I wanna go homebake! Yay! OK, I'll keep ya posted. Wondering how your weigh in went but I'll pop over to your diary 'n have a wee look.

My Diary for today....

Thursday 5th November (Guy Fox Night)

Breakfast
Bran Flakes
Yoghurt
Mixed Fruit

Snack
Nothing - was working

Lunch
Wholewheat Pitta
Pate
Mixed Salad

Snack
Low Fat Yoghurt
2 Satsumas

Dinner
A thin slice of Baked Haddock
Mixed Salad
3 New Potatoes

Snack
1 Slice of Seeded Batch (Starving!)
Reduced Fat Pate

Might have some fruit soon....still a bit peckish.

:0) xx

Hiya hon

I am missing pate now as you keep eating it hahaha - bless ya.

You are doing well.

I will pop over to my diary now

xxx

Back