Shifts

keegan

Looking for advice as I'm really struggling. Been a member since November and heavier now than when I started. A major part of this is my job as a nurse I can get to group sometime every week for three week and the no group for three. I cannot get to another group as I work some weeks in excess of 50 hours and have a family I don't drive and the group I attend is the only one in the area with a day class so I can go when he's is in school. I feel like I'm in a vicious circle when I don't go to group however I lack the discipline when I work three long days I struggle with planning. I know I need to find time to go this for myself I need it my weight is utterly depressing me but I'm just finding it so hard

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I work 3 long days a week and success is all in the planning. When i'm working 2 long days in a row I cook enough food on my day off to last those days. It is very samey but as it keeps me on plan it's worth it. Chilli's, spag Bol, curries, pasta bakes etc all heat well at work.
For breakfast I take magic porridge with fruit, I have my main meal at lunch time (when I get a break lol) and then something light when I get home.
I also take my 15 syns with me as I know I can resist the chocolate tin if I have my planned treats in my bag.
Can you request a day of every 2 weeks so that you can definitely attend group?
Good luck, you can do this and we're all here to support you:)
Xx

I think when sw launch their range will be better for me. I'm thinking of ww tbh and on the work days and nights can go for convenience and on days off cook sw type meals from scratch but watch portion. I'm so confused

Am also a nurse an I agree preparation is definitely the key if your struggling at work see if someone wants to do it with you or weigh at work when u can't make group that way may keep u on track as u will be accountable to whoever you weigh with do hopefully will act the.same as a group x good luck

I do shift work and in the past, have put my failures down to irregular eating and sleeping patterns. The good thing with Sw is the shear amount of free food so I bulk cook when I can. Things like soups and pastas are simple to do and easy to reheat at work. They also keep several days in the fridge. The idea about asking someone to weigh you is good as long as you are comfortable with that.

The ready meals are out soon so they will help shift workers everywhere!!

Batch cooking is your best friend.
I don't work shifts but I love to batch cook to save me having to think of whatever I need to eat.

My ideas come from various websites, not just the slimming world one and I experiment.
Tonight I'm having Vegetable curry along with Jerk chicken rice. There are so many vegetables in the jerk rice that I can even have a bit of it with the curry and still be following EE SP :)

Back