Shingles or Cold sore?

Discussion in 'Health' started by Soraya, 27 April 2008 Social URL.

1. Soraya

Soraya Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimpod & Atkins
    I know it's a daft question but how do you tell the difference? I've got six little blisters near my bottom lip, my skin is all tingly and sore too am very stressed and run down! Never had a cold sore in my life so not sure what they look like.

Feel daft going to the docs with this but pretty uncomfortable. Had a look on the internet but can't tell!

Can anyone help on this please?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Diva2B

Diva2B Striving to be good.....

Diet:
    Cambridge [allegedly :o)]
    sounds very much like coldsores to me. I get the little blighters all the time but thankfully not had one in a while.
    go to the pharmacy and buy some Zovirax (cold sore cream) and apply it three or four times a day. It will disappear quite quickly. I get them when i am feeling stressed or run down.

Hope this helps

Mikki x

4. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can read more on this link Zovirax cold sore cream - order Zovirax (for treating cold sores) from Pharmacy Discounter.

5. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Sounds like coldsores to me too, I get them all the time. Up my nose too which can be really sore.

6. kittykat

kittykat Gold Member

Start Weight:
    29st0lb
    Diet:
    exante
    yep that sure is a cold sore best thing to do is get some zovirax quick tesco xpress sell it i got mine there and apply also you can put an ice pack on as this helps i know im prone to them and just got rid of one

7. Soraya

Soraya Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimpod & Atkins
    Thanks everyone = so much better than trying to get to my docs tomorrow - torn between wasting their time and being laughed at! Am off to get some cream.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.