shingles?

GemmaB1984

Hi just a question for anyone that has had shingles, i had the rash and blisters on my eyelid, it started 2weeks ago, the rash and blisters have cleared up but im still in terrible pain in my face, how long will this last for? Feeling so tired and run down , I've got tablets from the doctors but lookin at having more time off work, feel so guilty as already had time off,

Gemma did you have your eyes looked at by an opthalmologist? theres a big risk with ocular shingles of developing ulcers in your eye.

the pain from shingles is a neuropathic pain and can last for a long time,

I assume the tablets you got from your doc were acyclovir? i think yu need to go back and see him for your pain relief needs hun. and maybe consider going to your local eye casualty to have the back of your eye looked and and the pressures measured.

big hugs to you, hope you feel better soon,

xx

I have been back to the doctors today and he's given me some amitryptyline and some co codamol, because the blisters and rash is gone now would i still be at risk behind my eye, ? The doctor mentioned this at first , about my eye being at risk but now the rash and blisters had gone he never mentioned eye casualty again x

do you have any eye pain? just gently press on both your closed eyes and if you get a pain rather than just pressure in the eye on the affected side then yes you must got to eye casualty .

sorry I didn't mean to worry you unneccessarily, I work as a nurse practitioner and thats the advice we'd give to someone with shingles on the face. I worry about eyes a lot, they're very precious and you only get one set xx

Back