SHIRATAKI NOODLES- 0 CARBS

I used them all the time when I was low-carbing and will be using them again once I have finished RTM as I will be following a low-carb lifestyle. They're lovely in stirfry - but as they have no taste you need to make sure you have some tasty sauce to go with them!

jUST BEEN TRYING TO BUY SOME OF THESE ON LINE BUT THE p&P IS £5 OMG SO THEY WORK OUT £6/7 A PACK ANYONE GET THESE CHEAPER ANYWHERE LET ME KNOW JUST WANT TO TRY SOME THANKS MANDY

Hey guys, I bought some of these from Tescos in their "foods from around the world" section which was next to the "special diet" section- so not entirely sure which they belong in- probably both!! Its quite a big tesco so the smaller ones may not stock them but I paid £1.50 or thereabouts for a packet which contains 4 servings!! I cant remember if these particular ones say Shirataki on but they are the same thing: Its a see-thru pack with green japanese style writing on, and the nutritional content shows they or 0g carb, 0g fat, 0g anything it seems!!! I cant quite believe they have literally nothing in!!! But recommend u try Tesco if you want to get them for a decent price!! xxx

I ordered some online a few weeks ago.....haven't plucked up the courage to try them yet.....they give me the creeps just looking at them!! :eek:

some health food shops also stock them too!

hi does anyone know if these brown rice noodles are ok on a vlcd? Thanks a lot x
Typical valuesPer servingPer 100gNutrition:Energy17.11425.0Nutrition:protein0.213.1Nutrition:Carbohydrate0.867.9Nutrition:Sugars0.01.6Nutrition:Fat0.01.3Nutrition:Saturated0.00.4Nutrition:Fibre0.14.2Nutrition:Sodium0.00.9

I have eaten the shiritaki noodles, not that nice really. I bought them for just over a pound a packet from the local Chinese supermarket. They are very rubbery and you can't really chew them so cut them up small as you have to swallow the bits whole. They come out the pack smelling a bit fishy as they are in water but you have to rinse them well and then they are OK, I boiled them in chicken stock. I found them in the fridge at the supermarket. The first time I thought yeah nice as I was on a vlcd and was just pleased to have something that was different but the second time I thought no, can't eat these again, shame really as I had high hopes for them.
Hopes this helps.
Ruth

I eat these pretty much every day, love them! they are easy to incorporate into anything really, and really quick. The do have a slightly different texture to pasta and not alot of flavour on their own but they do a good job of filling you up. I have tried a few different ones from asian supermarkets before and they all seem to have a weird fishy/sulphur kinda smell, but now i always eat the Zero Noodles brand and they dont have the smell at all or the jelly like texture. not sure why. Has anyone managed to find another brand in stores that are like this without the fishy smell?? as its a pain to order them online all the time???

I'm really interested in these too. Pasta is my main carb sin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back