Shirataki noodles/zero noodles/miracle noodles

Ok so I managed to get some of these from my local Korean supermarket. Now my question is what to do with them?

How do u cook them? What recipes do u make with them?

They look kinds rubbery and all stick together so I haven't really got the faintest idea where to start...?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya Lozzer

Shirataki noodles are generally already cooked. I just put mine in a colander, rinse really well under cold water (discard the water in the packet - otherwise you'll get really fishy noodles) and then run them under really hot water for three minutes .... then they are ready to eat :)

You can put them in soups, cover them with pasta sauce, add them to stir fry, or try chicken carbonara.

Try searching how to cook them on google. Susie is right the rinsing is really important but also they absorb flavour so the longer you can boil them up with your soup or what ever the better:)

Thankfully no. The smell isn't terrible just unexpected - I nearly threw mine away the first time thinking they were off.

They don't taste of anything at all, they just take the taste of the liquid that you put them in.

Not like pasta noodles in texture more like thai glass noodles.

Will deffo give them a go then :) we don't have any Korean supermarkets around here but I will find them, where there is a will there is a way :) thanx x

Are they totally carb free?

Hi Soraya

I have the same as u. When I say stuck together I mean gloopy stuck together if u kinda get what I mean? So when I put them in my stir fry they didn't separate up well and mix in properly they just all stayed together.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back