• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Shockin' stat

howdy-doody

Eloquent hooligan
S: 14st13lb C: 13st11lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 31.1 Loss: 1st2lb(7.66%)

msblonde

a new way of living!
S: 12st11lb C: 11st8.5lb G: 8st3lb BMI: 29.7 Loss: 1st2.5lb(9.22%)
wow! and well done on eacaping average! i'm gonna start a thread about average in a bit, watch this space!!

Awww, my poor little OH has a 30inch waist xxx

Its a shame but this doesn't surprise me... with our poor eating habits and lack of exercise we've just got bigger as a nation and in 20 years time the NHS will pay a terrible price.... anyway on a positive note you are no longer a statistic !!!! :)

S: 18st9lb G: 9st0lb
Mmmm, my OH is below average, how good is that!!!!

Alas if it were average womans waist size then I would be way above average!!!!

x

S: 17st1.0lb G: 13st3.0lb
At the start of 2007 my weight was 16st 6 and at that point my suits were 38" waist. I hovered around 15st 4ish for ages and was a 36" waist. Now I have lost 2st on LT and am below 14st for the first time in donkeys, my waist is a lose 34".

Trouble is, it's costing me a fortune in shirts and suits!!!

festivalfairy

Finally a size 12!
Apparently average size of a woman is 16! That has increased so much since say 1970's Just shows as a nation we are getting bigger!

And have clothes sizes got bigger now? As a teenager I weighed 9stone 7lb and was a size 14! Today I'm 3 1/2 stone heavier and almost in a 16! I can't see someone my height and frame size being a size 14 at that lower weight!

I think I still have a skirt from then so I might try and dig it out and see.

x

S: 17st1.0lb G: 13st3.0lb
Apparently average size of a woman is 16! That has increased so much since say 1970's Just shows as a nation we are getting bigger!
Then why is it High Street shops dont stock size 16 stuff?

Then why is it High Street shops dont stock size 16 stuff?

They all do BUT a size 16 in New Look is not the same size 16 in M & S so even if you knew your size.. you don't !!!!:rolleyes:

Sorry, I have to ask this, which is smaller, size 16 M&S or New Look?

x

bloody hell thats incredible, I started out at 48" im now 32"....get in there ha!

Sorry, I have to ask this, which is smaller, size 16 M&S or New Look?

x

New Look - all the cheapy shops tend to be smaller, less fabric, reduced cost, :(

Thanks 2HG, it's promising that my New Look size 18 skirt amd jeans are big on me then!!!

x

Thanks 2HG, it's promising that my New Look size 18 skirt amd jeans are big on me then!!!

x

Yey....... they have some really cute/cheapish stuff in there at the mo - great when your sizes are changing regularly :D:D

I'm in there a lot coz teenage daughter likes it, especially as they have a tall range (lucky mare!) so I managed to pick up a couple of bits in the sale that will see me through. It's nice to not have to go to their Inspire range!!!!! And a change from Evans!!!

x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Moderators 3