Shoegirl1978 Diary

Thanks girls, I have a stash of herbal teas with me at work but sometimes you just cant beat a good old english cuppa :)

So glad it's nearly the weekend when I get to do a new food shop, looking to get inspired for meals for next week, getting a bit sick of chicken now.

Today's menu:

B - Usual Get up & go with strawberries
S - Apple + mixed nuts
L - Butternut squash soup
S - Nak'd bar
D - Tandoori chicken & small amount of rice (recipe pinched from Laurenista :) )

Will be going out for a 30 min run tonight, blow the cobwebs away.

BTW - My fuller for longer meal was amazing last night, but very filling, only managed half of it!

Your menu sounds yummy! I was talking to my OH last night about making tandoori chicken too, Laurenista got me craving it now :)

Check out some of the recipes in the thread in the stickies section for some inspiration for next weeks menus.

Morning all, thank crunchie it's Friday :)

Menu today goes something like this:

B - 1 1/2 slices of toasted rye bread with organic peanut butter
S - Apple + mixed nuts
L - Chicken soup with 1 slice of bread
S - Nak'd bar
D - Boyfriend is taking me out for dinner, I'm not sure where but I'll choose something suitable

I made the tandoori chicken last night that Laurenist recommended and wow! It was amazing, I can't wait to make that again. I've got a busy weekend ahead of me, wedding planning etc but I aim to stay on track and hope for another loss on Sunday.

Have a good one all x

Pleased you enjoyed it!!!
Good luck with wedding planning and your meal tonight but most of all enjoy yourself!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Food looks good. Have a good night tonight, and good look with the wedding planning :)

Evening all, well today has been a complete write off I'm afraid to say. It's not that I've eaten a lot of nasties, it's that I've barely eaten at all! I left the house at 8am as the boyf and I had lots to do. We went to visit our wedding venue and was there quite a while, then we went to look at a new car (which we bought - yay!) and finally onto tesco to do the weekly shop. Guess I'm going to have to take today as one of those 80/20 days. I have weigh in tomorrow, couldn't have come at a worst time! Hey ho, it's a marathon not a sprint ?

So it went like this:

B - cup of decaf tea & mini nakd bar
S - hot chocolate (at wedding venue)
L - 1 cadburys choc finger!
S - 2 slices of ham
D - homemade Jamie Oliver lean burger with wholemeal roll and salad

So as you can see, food was terrible today! I promise to make it up to myself tomorrow!

I wouldn't worry about it busy days are definitely hard especially a day like this!!

I like your saying there it is a marathon and it's not about winning its about the loosing :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Shoegirl your food wasn't that bad. I would say that you didn't eat enough, but it does happen. The occassional hot cocoa and cadbury finger isn't bad at all:). Nothing is banned in low GL, it's about moderation:).

You were still in the 80/20 limit :). I think you'll do great on weighin day :)

I sympathise ....your'll see from my diary not such a good weekend, but i will be more prepared next time...and have learned some lessons ...onwards and downwards(in weight) ;-)

Afternoon ladies :)

Well today was weigh in day and I'm pleased to say that I lost 2lbs. I'm on track for my January target and I'm happy that yesterdays shenanigans didn't do too much damage. As promised (to myself) I've eaten a whole lot better today despite the boyfriend bringing me a bar of galaxy! I thanked him but said I would not enjoy eating it, so he practically inhaled it!

Today's menu is:
B - Bacon sandwich on rye bread
S - Nakd bar
L - 3 x oatcakes with laughing cow light and a slice of ham
D - Homemade thai green curry with lots of veg

I don't need an afternoon snack as I slept in and breakfast wasn't until 11am :)

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend. I'm off our for a run after the football.

Morning all, crikey it's cold out there this morning! Not looking forward to my run after work! Onto food, today goes something like this:

B - Get up and go with blueberries
S - Strawberries + nuts
L - Turkey and laughing cow light in a wholemeal roll
S - Nakd bar
D - Turkey salad

It's going to be tough drinking cold water today but I'll force it down :)

Congratulations on the 2 lbs loss Shoegirl! You're doing great, also great job on passing up the galaxy bar! :)

Well done on your weight loss :)

Back