Shoes

She was obsessed with Dorothy so she was made up, I think she believed they were the ACTUAL shoes, awww.

JezVonSavage said:
Of course, I do a whole load of different styles so I can you something completely custom Miss Slinky. I'll befriend you on here so you know where to find me if you ever want them xx

Thank you :D would be lovely to have something custom for the christening hehe

X x

I always fancied doing that to converse with one of those hot fix applicator things, is it hard to do? They look amazing! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

icklerockchick said:
I always fancied doing that to converse with one of those hot fix applicator things, is it hard to do? They look amazing! X

Always wanted red sparkle converse!

image-445233368.jpg

X

I don't like the hotfix, it's really fiddly, you need a seperate attatchment for each size crystal you use and seen as I use 3 sizes i'd constantly be changing the applicator. It'd take me 3 weeks to do one shoe!!

Plus, because Converse aren't a solid shoe it's REALLY hard to apply the relevant pressure to get the rhinestones to stay in place. Once you've done a whole area they go rock hard and as soon as you try to put them on they get forced out of shape and PING the crystals all start flying off!! So it's a nice idea in theory but I'm not sure it could be pulled off in the sense of wearable fashion :(

Things that can be crystalled though- the white rubber bits on Cons, Dr Martens and Ugg boots!! Oh and skates!!

Some girl up here did loads of Swarovski crystal converse and got them sold in some local shops but she charged a fortune for them and the crystals aren't that dear to buy so always fancied giving it a go! If you stick to one size do you think the rubber parts of converse would be easy enough to do or is glue easier (at least I assume that's what you use?) got loads of cons and spare time at the mo so might give it a bash! X

Should add- it's VERY easy to give your Cons a glitter coating but they will be hard once you are finished. Literally Modge Podge + craft glitter + top coat= jobs a good 'un.

Something else I made recently:

comicshoes.jpg

COMIC BOOK SHOES!!!

Lolly- yes, just a hard wearing glue from Wilkos and an applicator. You need fashion grade crystals though, don't bother with the nail art ones, as soon as they get wet the crystal peels off the backing and you end up with silver blobs everywhere :(

And yes, rubber bits are well easier!

It's worth trying, I just find it horrendously annoying when you spend 30+ hours making a pair of shoes and the second you put them on they fall to bits!! Good luck xx

Cheers Jez you are a shiny star shall look into over the next few days and give it a try! Yay project, would never have remembered about this if it wasn't for this thread. Excited to have something to do with my time, there's only so many tv series and films a person can watch before they go insane! X

Update me in your diary, I'm always here for advice. More people ask me for advice about crystals than my actual job!

Wow the comic book shoes are AMAZING. I'm a massive geek and love anything like that. You're very creative and talented!!

I think I'm going to get that same shoe style in plain blue then add the navy ribbon and Swarovski them myself. I've already made my bridesmaids and flower girls shoes for the wedding (shameless showing off here) and they can't out-bling me!!

For my 5 yr old niece:
006.jpg

And my unborn niece, who will be 6 months at the time:
DSC000771-1.jpg

These are amazing!!!! Do you have a website??? Having 3 little girls who adore their shoes as much as their mum its going to cost me a fortune!!!! :eek:

Right, that's it, I need a lottery win! Firstly to pay off my debts and then be able to afford the something like £5k worth of shoes I have identified as first-off "I wants" from Irregular Choice!

My main want from there are the Abilgail's Party in the burgundy and the ones in black and white floral! Heck, if I win enough money, I'll have a pair of each design shoe in every colour please! :D

These are amazing!!!! Do you have a website??? Having 3 little girls who adore their shoes as much as their mum its going to cost me a fortune!!!! :eek:

Not yet SP, just a slightly abandoned facebook (been very busy with my ACTUAL job of late!).

Not yet SP, just a slightly abandoned facebook (been very busy with my ACTUAL job of late!).

Keep us informed if you get one up & running!!!! I've lost count of the number of times I've been looking for the perfect pair of shoes for my girls to match an outfit :)

I will! Mr Von Savage (the internet master) needs to pull his finger out!!

You are a very talented lady Jez, the shoes are fab! If converse go well might try my hunter wellies too, remember seeing some on eBay they were fab. Excited! X

JezVonSavage said:
Should add- it's VERY easy to give your Cons a glitter coating but they will be hard once you are finished. Literally Modge Podge + craft glitter + top coat= jobs a good 'un.

Something else I made recently:

COMIC BOOK SHOES!!!

I'm in awe how clever, is this your business? :)

No Bunnylush, I am a makeup artist and run a small business with a few employees doing that. I started to do the shoes as a hobby, my niece wanted to some "princess shoes" for her 5th birthday and once I had made one pair I was inundated for requests for more.

Truth is, my OH hates my job as I travel a lot and the girls who work for me are all on the verge of moving on. If I could make this my business I would- i'd get to work from home and would have no other overheads. I love makeup work, but after 10 years I'd like to wind it down, maybe stick to local jobs and see more of my hubby to be :rolleyes:

But then I'd probably get bored of making shoes, haha xx

icklerockchick said:
You are a very talented lady Jez, the shoes are fab! If converse go well might try my hunter wellies too, remember seeing some on eBay they were fab. Excited! X

Wellies you say?

ForumRunner_20120210_234358.jpg

Made for a minor Scouse celebrity. They paid for my wedding dress :D

Back