Should I be counting cals on an UP day?

Eve69

Getting a bit confuselled! Should I be counting my calories on an UP day or just eat what
I want? I have been looking at the posts and the diaries and everyone seems to view UP days differently. Any answers much appreciated.

Hi eve,

I don't think there is any right or wrong answer. Personally I don't count calories on my UD's and it works very well for me ..... In fact it's weird that on the week I really did splurge on my UD's I actually lost the most weight! In my opinion, the god send of this diet plan is it doesn't feel restrictive and therefore you don't feel deprived of foods you enjoy. But I know others may disagree!

All I can suggest is to try it and see what works best for you :)

Good luck with your weight loss

Xx

Dr Johnson's recommendation is to eat until satisfied but not stuffed. You don't have to eat up to a certain number of calories, but neither do you have to stick to a certain limit.

At the same time, UD's are not a licence to stuff yourself silly, nor to fill yourself with sugar, processed carbs and fat - you will do better overall if most of what you eat is healthy. But you shouldn't need to count calories, nor do you need to limit yourself to low calorie/low carb/low fat food for JUDDD to work.

Eat real food, enough to satisfy, but don't pig out. End of.

Barbara

Thanks ladies for your replies. Didn't really want to go back to counting calories so will go with the flow and see what happens.

Back