Should I cut my hair like this? ** PICS added. :)

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Honest opinions please peeps!!! I have been thining for weeks now about getting my hair cut.

Hair cuts scare me. For years and years and years, my hair was something I could hide behind.

Then, it took me YEARS to grow it as long as it is. It used to be kind of punk, spiked on top. But my hair grows very very slowly, so it has been ages to get to this stage.

However - I think it is completey worn out at the end of this diet, and needs a good chop. <eeeeK>

I am not a polished coiffe kind of gal. ITs gotta be a style that can be messy. :D

What do you think of this type of style?

4661-albums867-picture4748.jpg

ANd for colour, I want to remain blonde, but I want some funky kind of colour added to. Sort of underneath - but not all of the underneath, just so you see colour now and again. Heres a pic to give the idea. I have not decided what colour - if a hair colour, or a colour colour. Not adverse to either, but I am not sure how it would work on a shaggy style- where they would put the colour? Or would just a chunky lite and dark highlight (NOT Stripes - NEVER chunky symettrical stripes.....never did get that style, its certainly not me) :)

HEres colour:

4661-albums867-picture4747.jpg

Here are the ideas I liked for colour (i like th blonde and brown strands on the girl with long blonde hair, but not the red. The colour pics are really more to show what I mean, rather then colours I am considering. :)

Thanks peeps!!! I am very inept at this sort of thing!

So - please let me know what you think. Be honest!!!

i think you should, it would look good on you, the long blonde hair on the girl with the brown looks good and also my second favourite is the girl in the red. Im more a fan of longer hair myself but shorter hair cuts are very cute aswell. It would suit your face cut.

Long one first
short red second

I love it BL go for it, I have blonde hair and last year had chocolate brown put underneath the right side of my hair, you could see it a little all the time but more so when you you move! if that makes sense :confused: I love the style in the middle, I think you would look fab x

i think you should, it would look good on you, the long blonde hair on the girl with the brown looks good and also my second favourite is the girl in the red. Im more a fan of longer hair myself but shorter hair cuts are very cute aswell. It would suit your face cut.

Long one first
short red second

I would go with the length of the very first photo. Certainly not much shorter - and then the intent is to grow it back to where it is now, hopefully in a much healthier state.

WHile I have not lost much, it certainly is tired after the past year. :)

Thanks H

I love it BL go for it, I have blonde hair and last year had chocolate brown put underneath the right side of my hair, you could see it a little all the time but more so when you you move! if that makes sense :confused: I love the style in the middle, I think you would look fab x

THanks Jo! Did you just have the brown underneath on one side? Just the right side? Hmmm. SOunds interesting. I just fancy something a bit new and different!

I am gonna need to strike while the iron is hot or I will soon talk myself out of it. Again. :D

Make an appointment and ask their advice too, but do go for it, i'm sure you will look great x

Go for it girl

Hi,
You know you will do it. You've been considering it for some time now.
I think a bit differently from Jo.
If you want a change it's got to look different. It's no good going through all this angst and then just having a trim.
You would be disappointed if it didn't really change your look.
I AGREE so much. I always say to the hairdresser not to do anything dramatic too me that I can't just wash and go when I have to get up at 6.30a.m. to go work.
So I like something that I can leave palin or style when I've got time to play.
The colour is a fab idea and usually ads texture too.
If you are thinking of going to the person we discussed she does understand LL, she's very experienced, is up to date without being too extreme. She's got coloured blonde casual hair herself and she does what YOU want.
Why not have a chat with her first before having the deed done?
It will give you a boost for those interviews coming up.
Can't wait to see the results.
And my motto is:
If you don't like it - it will always grow back again. xxxx

BL any of those styles would look great on you! You look fabulous anyway! A tip on the hair though, if you get it trimmed regularly is will grow more; the less you have it trimmed the slower it will grow. whilst 4 to 6 weeks is too short a time for me I get mine trimmed between 8 to 12 weeks. I never let 12 weeks go without a trim. Hair is like grass, the more you cut/trim it the more it will grow. Also stick with a hair dresser you trust.

hi there
i had long hair for years and everytime I went to the hairdresser I would go in determined for a change, and come out looking exactly the same!
i think the first one is nicest - tho they are all good.
have you had a fringe before?
I do like the purple ones cut too - esp if you didn'y want a full fringe.

go for it, you deserve to look your best after all the work you have put in

daisy x

Hi BL

Trainee hairdresser in the house! Firstly, make an appointment with your hairdresser to discuss what you are thinking of (also, if you are intending on having colours put through this needs to be 1-2 days prior to the colouring appointment so they can place a colour test either behind your ear or in the crook of your arm).

Your hairdresser can advise you exactly as they can see you properly, but by going from your album pics, I would recommend the middle of the 3 pics with the shoulder skimming length as this would be the most flattering. I would also recommend having caramel, gold & mocha coffee colours put through as this will give a warmer tones & help give a bonus to the style (I can't see for definate your skin tone from the pics, but I think it's quite warm), but your hairdresser will take this, face shape, hair condition & other factors into consideration before recommending a style & colours.

Go for it, you will look fab :D

Go for it!! I think the first one (in the grey top with the necklaces) would look stunning on you

xx

Love those styles and I think they would suit your face shape... Love the middle one at the top, and I love the way the one with black & purple hair is coloured in particular. I did find a website once that you entered in loads of details about your skin tone, face shape, and lots of different things and it came out with a whole list of possible hair styles you could go for.. I will have a look for it again it was really good.
And if you're looking at bright colours you could have a look at this website:
Renbow Crazy Color

Go for it!! :D

THanks PB!! For your input and the links! Great site - what fun colours!!!

Its a good think I am not 16!!!! I think I'd go mad! :D

x

Did find a very deep shade of blue and very deep aubergine shade that were both gorgeous. Not together, but maybe a streak underneath or sometin sometin. :D

FUn!

Absolutely, Fun!! :D

BL you've now inspired me in more ways than one... I'm also going to go for a new 'do (well just a styled version of my current mop really!), with a funky colour like bright orange streaked into it! I'm going to try a neon orange from that renbow website, but I won't pre-lighten it so it shouldn't be overly extreme.

I'd be really interested to know what you decide on! :D

You'll have to change your name to Orange Butterfly xxx:hmm:

awww. couldn't I be orange-and-purple butterfly?

I think the whole thing will totally complete your revamp!! You have to do something that really does show a difference but you can always have more cut off, they're not that good a sticking it back on however!!!!

Sounds from Slenda like you've found a good hairdresser, make an appointment and see what she says.

Back