Should I cut my hair like this? ** PICS added. :)

Ooo I love it, you look fab :D loving the jumper too xXx

That's fab! Now stop pouting!!:p

We spend our teens trying to be 20 something and then we spend our 30's trying to be 20 something. At some point you have to leave that marker behind you and move on to the next part of where you want to be. You are doing a fab job of the next stage of reinvention and looking pretty sensational!!

Anyway, I love what my hairdressers do to my hair but each visit I can't wait to get home, wash it and style it myself to see how I cope with it without all the gubbins in it. It's all par for the course :D:D:D

it looks great, i had been worried i was going to have to tell a white lie when i saw it!!!

it looks great, tousled and still has length - and makes you look younger

phew, i was expecting a posh spice the way you were talking
:D

I think its really great too BL and I promise I really mean it! You look really fab.

So sorry its been such a bad day for you, hope tomorrow is a better day.

x

I like it too.

You can't have a hair cut and expect it to still be the same .....................:doh:
I know you don't get your hair cut usually so it will feel strange at first.
It makes your hair look thicker and you've got rid of the tired ends.
I agree, you look younger too.
Foxtrot is right. It always takes a few days to settle and "unhairdressered"
(invented new word!)
I know what you don't like - when you brush it or put your hands through it there doesn't feel like any length left.
It 's just different that's all, but it's groovy and much more NOW.
What I always forget at first is to use less
shampoo, conditioner etc. You'll only need a little bit or you'll be rinsing it all day. When you have a play you can use some mousse and scrunch it up if you want more volume.
So as they say - why the long face? :cry:
It's great.
Build a bridge.....................
Enjoy being a SLIM California blonde with an MG and a Harley. xxxxxxxxxxxx

BL, you look sensational!! I sat open mouthed at the pics after what you'd said!!! I'd expected some awful nightmare of a hairdo the way you painted it!!! LOL! I think you look absolutely fab! What a lovely cut, which as the others have said makes you look so young and hip and trendy! You foxy chick! Love the jumper with the belt too...I'm going shopping on Ebay right now to find myself one!

Ooooh I love it nice cut it suits you

Thanks everyone, but I am still not sure. Maybe I will like it better after its coloured.

SB - what do you mean when you cut your hair its gonna look different??? No one told me THAT!!??? :D lol - of course it was going to look different. It just looks nothing like what I wanted.

That is why I don't like getting a cut, without a pic. Since she felt my hair would not hold the style I wanted, she 'described' what she was going to do. We both had obvious diferences in our visual image of what we agreed upon. Hence my slight dissappointment.

Its my thing. I don;t like bad haircuts, and if I don;t feel comfortable in it, then , well, I'll work it till I find a way I am. I imagine I will like it better when its coloured, washed and styled my way - as you say - de-hairdresserised.

We all got our things we are titchy about. Bad hair is mine.

I will probably be back after colouring it saying how much I love it, blah blah blah. lol

So just ignore me while I deal with my insecurity. :D

xxx

what colour are you putting on

I am going to go very blonde, with some dark brown flashes underneath. I think. If I were not looking for a new job at the moment, the flash colours would have been a very darg aubergine, or blue, :D One day. :)

OR, maybe go a very dark bronzy blonde, with very blonde higlites. Not sure yet. Will see what she suggests. Fingers crossed.

What would you suggest?? :)

Sounds nice I like colour it lifts your mood I've had purple's reds orange all sorts my hairdresser looks forward to the challenge
I'm sure a flash of blue wouldn't stop an employer from offering you a job it may even make you more memorable to them

I am going to go very blonde, with some dark brown flashes underneath. I think. If I were not looking for a new job at the moment, the flash colours would have been a very darg aubergine, or blue, :D One day. :)

OR, maybe go a very dark bronzy blonde, with very blonde higlites. Not sure yet. Will see what she suggests. Fingers crossed.

What would you suggest?? :)

Go for a lighter colour i think. Also BL what are you doing this saturday evening ;)

oh wow i love it!! it really suits ya hunni xxx hope ur feeling better xxx

OK - final outcome! I am happier with it now - I like the colour, and colouring has added some texture so it has a bit more body now.

I appreciate all your comments, and if I seemed a bit ridiculous yesterday - well, you know what its like when YOU get your haircut and YOU don;t like, it....it doesn't matter how many people say it looks great - you still gotta look at yourself in the mirror, ay?

But, I am much much happier now. I think I like it less foofy - it is a bit more sleek today the way she styled it over yesterday.

SO heres the final proof, and since that is the 3rd Professional haircut I have had in 8 years, I should be good for another 3 before I go back. :D

(ANd SB - even our lovely LLC can't use the "build a bridge" term. She didn't exactly build one when she cut hers, did she?? lol - hair reattached within 24 hours and all ;)) :D

4661-albums867-picture4886.jpg

THANKS everyone for putting up with me. I will shut up now. :)

Last edited:
BL - you look fab, and your hair is gorgeous! You're right, we have to like what we see in the mirror - And exactly how many mirrors were you looking in? LOL.

BL it's great! AND it looks so thick now! Well done for getting hold of it.:D:D

looks fab BL!
daisy x

Ditto - it looks really really good BL! I liked the tousled look too - very sexy and probably quite easy to scrunch dry yourself with some mousse!!

You have inspired me again- I had mine cut in a similar shape last week but think I might try the band of colour underneath too - do you think it would work if I dried it tousled or do you think the band of colour would look good only if dried straight. I normally straighten my hair but i think tousled is probably going to look more flattering. I'm in my 40's now so no spring chicken after all so I have to start thinking of these things!! :8855:

Back