Should I dust off the Wii ??

syren

from FAT to FIT
My Wii fit has been sitting in the tv console for about 10 months unused. When i first got it, i was excited to use it and programmed my weight in there and thought i was really going to use it as a weight loss aid.. but i didn't. Recently i've been reconsidering giving it another go.. i think the dance 2 commercial triggered it.. lol

For those of you who use it regularly, is it worth it ? do you still love it ? what are some great programs to get ?

Just curious :)

definitely....dust off that wii and get hula hooping :D

there are some great programs..

i use the just dance, my fitness coach and the wii sports alot.i have the family trainer mat too, which is a lot of fun! i am getting biggest looser soon :)

xoxo

everytime the just dance commercial comes on i want to just that ! i think i might invest in that. I've wanted to pick up the biggest loser for a while too.. but always put it off cuz of the $$ .. funny how i can spend tons of cash on food but not on exercise vids.. lol I remember trying the hula and i wasn't very good.. but i guess i can give it another go ! thanks !

get it cleaned asap lol x

lol okay ! i'm done work in a few hours and i'm going home and going to dedicate some time to doing it ! I know i'm going to be a bit depressed when it says 'you haven't been here in a while and you've gained ___ amount' :sigh:

Get it dusted off and join one of the challenges on here!

Mine was unloved for about 6 months until recently - now I am hooked again :)

And Just dance 2 is great fun. Biggest loser has been really helpful too.

I hadnt either considered getting my wii fit out to increase activity levels............ going to get some batteries.....and the duster.........

I hadnt either considered getting my wii fit out to increase activity levels............ going to get some batteries.....and the duster.........

yay ! hopefully we can inspire some other dusty wii's to get used again ! :)

well I did as promised.. pulled out the Wii and got to it.. I had to remember how to use the thing as it had been '304 days since my last visit' !! yikes !! so i had to go through the pain of the body test to discover that i had gained 9kgs since my lowest weight last year.. ouch.. and my Mii is so fat !! and nothing like having OBESE splashed across the screen of your 52 " telly to make you almost have a heart attack.. but it's okay.. it's the reason i'm here.. and it's the raw reality.

I did some hula hooping, and some basic steps and then i just went through all the programs and was trying everything... omg i forgot how much fun it was ! i even broke a few of my old records.. i'm unbalanced in a few areas.. haha, didn't need a wii to tell me that !! pretty soon 45 minutes had gone by... i'm so glad i did this :D

i'll look into some of the challenges too !

Hey hun, I say go for it!! I used the wii for the first two months of calorie counting, I used something called my fitness trainer and its really hard cardio and it defiantly works, also this is off topic but once i got a bit bored of the wii i brought davina superfit dvd and it is SO much harder than the wii and the pounds fell of me quicker just an recommendation :D xx

EA Sports Active (the original one) is quite cheap now, it transformed my shape, tho You need to upgrade the resistance band to really tone your arms.

I got back on my Wii on friday, I got the Fitness coach cardio workout for £8 in Game, and my arms are wrecking!

EA Sports Active (the original one) is quite cheap now, it transformed my shape, tho You need to upgrade the resistance band to really tone your arms.

I got back on my Wii on friday, I got the Fitness coach cardio workout for £8 in Game, and my arms are wrecking!

ive got my fitness coach,and maya wrecks my arms too...expecially on the cardio doing the side kicks, double side kicks etc...ouch!

I hate that woman! I have that one too, but this is the boxing one. I like the EA more workouts for the 30 min step which is more challenging than the free step, but I wish it was 30 mins straight not 3 x 10 mins.

everytime the just dance commercial comes on i want to just that ! i think i might invest in that. I've wanted to pick up the biggest loser for a while too.. but always put it off cuz of the $$ .. funny how i can spend tons of cash on food but not on exercise vids.. lol I remember trying the hula and i wasn't very good.. but i guess i can give it another go ! thanks !
Keep persevering with the Hula Hooping as I was the same as you a while ago and couldn't even do the shortest time hooping. Now months on I've built myself up and can now do 44-55 minutes Hula Hooping - I use the advanced 10 minute one which gives you 11mins in your Fit Piggy & I do that 4 or 5 times. I never thought I'd be able to ever do it but I now can I'm pleased and it really helps to tone your waist.

Just keep going and you'll get used to it in the end - good luck :) Wii is brilliant and I see you've joined our challenge for this month too - well done!! X

Tell you which game I LOVE for Wii and thats My Fitness Coach: Dance workout, its excellent, really gets you moving and you can do a challenge on it. It might have a different title in Canada though.

i won't have any time until Wednesday to break it out.. i'm in night classes, so i go right from work to school.. ugh, so tiring.. but only 3 more weeks of torture ! so i'll check the fitness coach then ...

thanks for the tips ! :)

skipped class :/ didn't feel like going but i broke out the wii again ! at least i was motivated for something ! lol

i thought the fitness coach was a part of the wii fit plus ? i guess i'll have to look into purchasing it.

its a good time of year to get fitness games,as so many of them are lower in price and some great offers,in the new year and after christmas you watch them sky rocket though the roof!

have a look on ebay, game,gamestation and argos websites!

its a good time of year to get fitness games,as so many of them are lower in price and some great offers,in the new year and after christmas you watch them sky rocket though the roof!

have a look on ebay, game,gamestation and argos websites!
This is too true, there will be some great deals on games etc at the moment with Christmas coming up.

I doubt if Syren has heard of those shops though Bunny Hops as they live in Canada! :p Probs be wondering what an Argos is :D :D :D

This is too true, there will be some great deals on games etc at the moment with Christmas coming up.

I doubt if Syren has heard of those shops though Bunny Hops as they live in Canada! :p Probs be wondering what an Argos is :D :D :D

LMAO! :D

lol no worries.. i'm married to a brit ;) and i'm a descendant myself so I visit quite regularly :) i've become very familiar with other UK chains as well.. Asda's, Tesco's, SuperDrug's etc. Quite a lot of these shops I wish we had here !

thanks for the suggestions though , I can still look for the names even though I don't have access to the shops :)

Back