Should I just give up?

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by pinkprincess, 27 September 2006 Social URL.

1. pinkprincess

pinkprincess New Member

Hello Everyone:)

I've been doing CD for 5 months and am now just 7KG from my goal weight.

But I seem to be unable to contact my CDC and have been trying for a while now.

What would you do? part of me thinks follow the maintenance steps now ( I have some packs and could get the rest from Ebay) and lose the last few pounds following another plan

or find another CDC? but would one take me on with such little weight to lose?

I'm worried that if I don't reach my goal I never will, the lack of support from my CDC has already made me fall off the wagon although I have climbed back on. But I feel almost disloyal to my CDC if I go to another one.

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. i'lldoit

i'lldoit Banned

Hi pink Princess
    Thats terrible ((((hugs)))) your CDC had a responsibility to you if she couldnt continue with your journey with you she should of passed you on to another CDC?(unless thers a good reason)I would phone cambridge and ask them if theres another and it doesnt matter you only have a little way to go they will want to help you as youve been with them 5 months and wont want to let you down.Well done Hun on your achievement dont give up now
  4. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!
    I would call 0800 161412 now and get other counsellors locally.

Then give em a ring and explain the situation and I am sure they can help you out.

5. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Hi Pink Princess

What a fantastic achievement so far! No way should you give up now particularly for this reason. Definitely phone the helpline and get a new CDC quick. You don't owe loyalty to your CDC. You certainly have to put yourself first and foremost. Do it quick, You must!

Dizzy x
  6. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Pink, dont give up, I swapped cdc's and as long as you have a copy of the medical form its ok
  7. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Welcome! you'll get lots of support here! ((hugs))
    How awful, but i guess with every walk in life there are good and bad CDC's.
    Hope you can find a new one, as i think coninuing your journey after getting on well on your own would be beneficial.
    There is a website you can look up counsellors in your area.
    Don't feel disloyal though.. had the CDC looked after you, then you wouldn't need to look around.
    Look forward to seeing you around.. no matter what plan you follow!
  8. pinkprincess

pinkprincess New Member

I don't have this form she never gave it to me.

Will Cambridge have a copy?
  9. JustJo

JustJo Cambridge Counsellor

No, i'm afraid Cambridge won't have a copy.

So long as you have no medical problems, filling in another form with a different cdc will only take a few minutes anyway, and i'm sure a new cdc will be absolutely fine about taking you on.

Jo x
  10. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hi Pink Princess,

Just wanted to add my congratulations on how well you have done and I hope you get your new CDC sorted.

Let us know how you get on.

Love Mini xxx
  11. westhills

westhills I STILL mean it!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Definitely, definitely, find another CDC. You will need a good one to guide you through maintenance - trust me!
    Ann x
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.