should i lay off it today?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Julianne_julz, 18 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Julianne_julz

Julianne_julz Bears dont dig on dancin'

I have done loads of exercise this week. Yesterday I went on my cross trainer twice and had a good walk. It's WI day tomorrow. I don't want to over do it, so should I have today off exercise? I'm aching from yesterday and don't want to build up more muscle!!! But then I feel guilty having a day off... eek! X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

have a rest - listen to your body. you have done your best and assuming you have stuck to your plan, no problem :)

4. Harrie

Harrie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I agree, listen to your body. If your muscles are tired then exercising them will just do damage to them.

Also, apparently (says He Who Thinks He's Boss, who was into exercise and weight training in his younger days) you have to give your body one day off a week when exercising. Me, I like to think of that as "at least one day off . . . " ;-)

jaylou likes this.
  5. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

You should always have at least one rest day hun. Your body needs it. My friend does lots and lots of exercise, very addicted, and she still gives herself a day off each week.
    You won't put weight on, yes you will be "building" muscle but it really does take a long long time before that starts to weigh heavy and you would have to be doing pretty intensive resistance training for that to happen.
    What you will be doing is toning up your muscles so you get lovely definition! Well done hun, I'm a lazy mare - I have a cross trainer and it's covered in junk......

6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I concur, my at least one day off equals seven!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.